Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The White House has defended its omission of Jews and antisemitism from a statement remembering the Holocaust by saying that Donald Trump’s administration “took into account all of those who suffered”.

On International Holocaust Remembrance Day on Friday, the White House made no mention of Jews, Judaism or the antisemitism that fueled Nazi Germany’s mass murder of six million Jews in the 1940s.

In its original statement, the White House said: “It is with a heavy heart and somber mind that we remember and honor the victims, survivors, heroes of the Holocaust. It is impossible to fully fathom the depravity and horror inflicted on innocent people by Nazi terror.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/28/white-house-defends-trump-holocaust-statement-that-didnt-mention-jews?CMP=fb_gu

Anti-semites, racists, white Christian male nationalists Bannon and Miller, most probably.

So I guess Adelson and other wealthy Jews who donated to, support Trash are happy?

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Oh, , if you don't make a movie, or, kiss their ass every year it's the livin' end.

Get over it. It's debatable if there actually were 6 million Jews in Europe at the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh, , if you don't make a movie, or, kiss their ass every year it's the livin' end.

Get over it. It's debatable if there actually were 6 million Jews in Europe at the time.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    If Trump had mentioned Jews, the media would have criticized him for ignoring the plight of all the other minority groups that were victimized by the Holocaust (and there were many others).

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    If Trump had mentioned Jews, the media would have criticized him for ignoring the plight of all the other minority groups that were victimized by the Holocaust (and there were many others).
    This. Even as someone who is fairly anti-Trump, it's bull that he can't even offer a tribute to ing Holocaust victims without people dissecting and criticizing it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Even as someone who is fairly anti-Trump, it's bull that he can't even offer a tribute to ing Holocaust victims without people dissecting and criticizing it.
    bull , the announcement could have mentioned all the main groups that Nazis murdered, which were essentially Jews and Roma.

It was intentionally anti-Semitic (et, Bannon) NOT to mention Jews as has been the tradition.

I give these toxic assholes absolutely no benefit of the doubt.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    bull , the announcement could have mentioned all the main groups that Nazis murdered, which were essentially Jews and Roma.
    And Slavs, and Soviets, and prisoners of war, and people of color, and sexuals, and the mentally and physically disabled, and Jehova's Witnesses, etc., etc.

Trump gave an all-inclusive statement to avoid leaving anyone out and the media still found an excuse to complain. Then they wonder why they're hated and distrusted by the public.

I give these toxic assholes absolutely no benefit of the doubt.
    Of course you don't, they have an (R) next to their names.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Holy , you're a holocaust denier too?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Holy , you're a holocaust denier too?
    Just checkin' assholes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just checkin' assholes.
    So you don't believe six million Jews were gassed by your boy Hitler?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, I'm with Trump on this one (I'm shocked!)

Not only jews died in those death camps.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Politics are simply confirmation bias. Everyone picks a side and then waits to get drawn offsides whenever the other guy makes a move while shaping it to their preconceived notion.

I guess it's the same for anything including sports. If some fan thinks Player A is a chucker, even if the player makes 1000 shots in a row, they will wait until he misses the 1001st shot and then say " chucker". It's just that politics are the most polarizing. Can't believe this Left vs Right bread and circus has gone on for so long.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popular vote loser, toxic "malignant narcissist" Trash and his asshole team are not NORMAL, not to be normalized.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Popular vote loser, toxic "malignant narcissist" Trash and his asshole team are not NORMAL, not to be normalized.
    If I wanted to know if something or someone is normal, you are one of the last people on the planet I'd ever ask.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The criticism is indeed bull . But let's not pretend this is the first President that gets his speeches microanalyzed and blown out of context. That's been actually the norm lately, tbh, heck, Breitbart/daily caller has made a living off that, and so has Salon, etc.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only take away from this is threads a holocaust denier. This is such a stupid non issue

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Just checkin' assholes.
    Only pussies & asshole deny the Holocaust.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    The criticism is indeed bull . But let's not pretend this is the first President that gets his speeches microanalyzed and blown out of context. That's been actually the norm lately, tbh, heck, Breitbart/daily caller has made a living off that, and so has Salon, etc.
    Of course partisan sites like Salon and Breitbart are going to nitpick everything that the opposing party says and does - that's why they exist. It'd be one thing if that kind of was confined to the partisan blogosphere where it can easily be ignored.

The real issue is that the legacy media is indistinguishable from Salon when it comes to Republicans, but they barely scrutinize Democrats at all. So every fake controversy that Democrats make up about Trump becomes headline news all over the country and the world while the Republican equivalents rarely ever gain traction outside of Breitbart and similar outlets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course partisan sites like Salon and Breitbart are going to nitpick everything that the opposing party says and does - that's why they exist. It'd be one thing if that kind of was confined to the partisan blogosphere where it can easily be ignored.

The real issue is that the legacy media is indistinguishable from Salon when it comes to Republicans, but they barely scrutinize Democrats at all. So every fake controversy that Democrats make up about Trump becomes headline news all over the country and the world while the Republican equivalents rarely ever gain traction outside of Breitbart and similar outlets.
    I don't disagree that's been a free for all, tbh, but I think the fact that the blogosphere has become the model for traditional media in some ways, speaks more about the consumers than the media themselves. And it's a real shame in a lot of ways.

It's all within a context of rapidly changing technology too. A lot of traditional media had to make strong changes because they were a dying breed. It's clear sensationalism and catering to certain demographics is much more important than journalistic integrity.

But the question ultimately is, are consumers getting what they want? In this polarized point in time, apparently they are.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    I don't disagree that's been a free for all, tbh, but I think the fact that the blogosphere has become the model for traditional media in some ways, speaks more about the consumers than the media themselves. And it's a real shame in a lot of ways.

It's all within a context of rapidly changing technology too. A lot of traditional media had to make strong changes because they were a dying breed. It's clear sensationalism and catering to certain demographics is much more important than journalistic integrity.

But the question ultimately is, are consumers getting what they want? In this polarized point in time, apparently they are.
    Well, it depends on how you define the consumers getting what they want. To me, that varies based on what you expect going into a certain outlet. If I'm reading Breitbart or Salon, I expect a blatant partisan slant going in. Chances are, I'm reading it because I want to know how one side or the other feels about current events. But with a legacy outlet like the New York Times or WaPo, I expect hard news and a level of professionalism that lives up to their lofty reputations. I don't want a one-sided narrative shoved down my throat at all times. I don't want reporters colluding with a certain party. I don't want to have to read partisan blogs to know what's going on in the world because the legacy media ignores or lies about stories that are inconvenient to a certain party. I'd imagine many people feel the same way.

If the media's approval ratings are any indication, the only people who are getting what they want from the media right now are partisan Democrats:

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So you don't believe six million Jews were gassed by your boy Hitler?
    No, I don't.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Actually, I'm with Trump on this one (I'm shocked!)

Not only jews died in those death camps.
    The Fanny

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can a safe zone be established for those ruffled by Trumps not specifically mentioning Jews?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing to defend, tbh. This is possibly the most innocuous statement ever made by Lord Orange.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nothing to defend, tbh. This is possibly the most innocuous statement ever made by Lord Orange.
    True, but cubby denying six million Jews were gassed is pretty disgusting.

Thread Information