Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It was the rumor but it doesn't appear Boston will actually take Rozier...he may be re-routed to a 3rd team.
    I don't know how that works, a third team would either need to absorb Rozier's $19 million or Boston would have to take back trade filler in the deal. Don't know if they can open up a $30 million TE in a deal.

Aldridge would fill a need there, but that's a big contract to absorb into a TE while also navigating the luxury tax. Its possible but doubtful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL. Same comments every damned year.

If they measure everyone exactly the same way, then you can make a valid comparison between all players. And since all shoes aren't the same, it just makes sense to measure everyone barefoot. It's really not a difficult concept. But it seems to stump a subset of the population.
    Exactly. For those math/science folks out there w/o shoes is the only way to get a true baseline to compare players to other players. That’s also why the military and others measure your height w/o shoes.

Usually when someone asks for your height they are asking for it w/o shoes. otherwise you’d have to ask with sandles? With cowboy boots? Etc...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how that works, a third team would either need to absorb Rozier's $19 million or Boston would have to take back trade filler in the deal. Don't know if they can open up a $30 million TE in a deal.

Aldridge would fill a need there, but that's a big contract to absorb into a TE while also navigating the luxury tax. Its possible but doubtful.
    Since Charlotte has the room to sign Hayward outright a S&T can be completed without them sending anything to Boston. The only incentive for them to do that would be Boston sending them an asset (a future pick).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the difference between s like yourself and people who believe in the team:

When the team fails to meet the expectations, we'll still be here and find optimism where optimism is deserved.

When the team succeeds to meet the expectations, you'll be nowhere in sight OR you'll be around here posting on a forum dedicated to a team you hate, crying about how miserable you are.
    Way off. Most everyone will recognize good things when they happen and be happy if the spurs do something great. Unfortunately right now there isn’t a lot to be happy about.

From what I’ve seen there are usually 4 types of fans...

1) Fake—
    these fans are usually not knowledgeable about the sport. Literally don’t know bball from baseball rules. And are either supporting the team because they have corporate reasons too (for their job) or it is popular too. Popular meaning the team is doing well. Kind of like the fans that liked the heat with LBJ and then became GS fans.
    2) Emotional—
    these fans just get way moody and jump between emotional highs and emotion lows like a yo-yo. It is stressful to watch games with these fans. I notice a lot of these fans when I lived in SEC country
    3) Blind Loyalty—
    Although they might be a logical person in other aspects of their life when it comes to their team complete blind loyalty to the team doesn’t allow them to think logically and have an open mind wrt their team. These are the constant “we got them right where we want them” guys...even if you’re down by 40. They also turn on any other fans when they point out bad things about the team and are the first to say “you’re not a real fan!”. These kinds of fans subconsciously love when their team is bad so that they can show all others how “hardcore” they are. In some extreme cases these kinds of fans can turn a blind eye to bad things and allow toxic cultures to continue like those at Penn St.
    4) Logical—
    Loyal fans that are aware of the positive and negative trends of their team and can have open discussions about them with members of the same fan base or people from other fanbases. They will be with the team in bad times and good times. But will likely about things when times are bad and will likely be happy when times are good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Most everyone will recognize good things when they happen and be happy if the spurs do something great."

This is from the lens of people who likely don't know how to run a business, manage people and resources, don't understand risks, don't know how to manage costs of a business, wouldn't know how to satisfy stakeholders, and in general, don't understand the undertakings of a project.

The idea that these fans hold the definition of what is good and what is not good and for all to use that standard to gauge how one should react is absurd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio Spurs (by Fred Katz): Like with other teams, the Spurs might be more into a deal if the Wizards were willing to incentivize taking on Wall’s contract. But that’s never easy. The one thing the Wizards would have going for them is San Antonio’s desire to remain compe ive during Gregg Popovich’s final years. If the organization believes Wall can show something after returning from injury, maybe it tries placing him next to DeMar DeRozan — and it’s not like the Spurs have emphasized 3-point shooting as much as other franchises. But they also almost never make trades. And they probably won’t break the trend by dealing for someone like Wall, unless it meant taking in a boatload of picks.
    via Fred Katz @ The Athletic

No way in the spurs entertain this but for my ST rumor junkies I saw this on hoopshype

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this true? I've never seen this happen.
    They updated last season, not sure about the rest of seasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never understood the whole measurement without shoes thing, when was the last barefoot NBA game?
    Ask Gary Neal if shoes matter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not excited about the G leaguers we're signing but I am excited for the continued development of Murray, White, Walker, Johnson, and now Vassell and Jones. Hopefully Samanic can bounce back from his rough start and show us something. Obviously, we're not winning anything this season but there are things to be optimistic about. There's a new direction slowly taking shape and we have to be patient.
    Last edited by SpurPadre; 11-23-2020 at 01:53 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine we had the Lakers front office in the Tim Duncan era, front office who doesn't staying put and satisfied just because he just won a le... How much repeats we would had?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Imagine we had the Lakers front office in the Tim Duncan era, front office who doesn't staying put and satisfied just because he just won a le... How much repeats we would had?
    Are we even sure the FO is running things? This is LeGM at work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bottom line FA for Spurs - non event per par

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't matter, that still come to show the nullity of our front office all those years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    S
    That Harrell guy already had Laker shoes designed for him and announced it on Twitter immediately after signing. Here is the thing, you can't design shoes in a few minutes. It appears Rich Paul already had converations with the Lakers prior to free agency opening up.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the difference between s like yourself and people who believe in the team:

When the team fails to meet the expectations, we'll still be here and find optimism where optimism is deserved.

When the team succeeds to meet the expectations, you'll be nowhere in sight OR you'll be around here posting on a forum dedicated to a team you hate, crying about how miserable you are.

There is a lot of room for a LOT of legitimate criticism over the last several years. It's never a bad thing to make a truthful observation. Okay... maybe it's a bad thing if it has to do with your wife or your boss. But if a team can't see the problem, the only way they improve is by accident. That's not a plan. Trying to build around LMA and DDR may be a plan - just not a very good one.

This organization needs some changes, and they aren't making them. A lot of people have started to believe that the quote posted below by Degoat has some of the reasons why the team hasn't improved. You may disagree, but you can't possibly fail to see why they think that.

San Antonio Spurs (by Fred Katz): Like with other teams, the Spurs might be more into a deal if the Wizards were willing to incentivize taking on Wall’s contract. But that’s never easy. The one thing the Wizards would have going for them is San Antonio’s desire to remain compe ive during Gregg Popovich’s final years. If the organization believes Wall can show something after returning from injury, maybe it tries placing him next to DeMar DeRozan — and it’s not like the Spurs have emphasized 3-point shooting as much as other franchises. But they also almost never make trades. And they probably won’t break the trend by dealing for someone like Wall, unless it meant taking in a boatload of picks.

The idea of taking on Wall is far-fetched, to say the least. But the part about their goal being to "stay compe ive" during Pop's final years? That looks pretty solid to me. And the part about Pop "not emphasizing the 3 as much as other teams"? That's a laughable understatement.

When you have a roster that is just short a piece or two, the future is now. But for this Spurs roster, the future is the future. And they aren't behaving like it. I said this team needs some changes. What I really wanted to say was that it needs an enema. But that would have made tempers flare, so I'm not gonna say it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We did in 2003. We just came up short. But we went HARD after both J O’Neal and J Kidd. Even Duncan tried recruiting them, but they both said no. Kids bc of his wife and O’Neal bc he thought Indy was a championship caliber team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a lot of room for a LOT of legitimate criticism over the last several years. It's never a bad thing to make a truthful observation. Okay... maybe it's a bad thing if it has to do with your wife or your boss. But if a team can't see the problem, the only way they improve is by accident. That's not a plan. Trying to build around LMA and DDR may be a plan - just not a very good one.

This organization needs some changes, and they aren't making them. A lot of people have started to believe that the quote posted below by Degoat has some of the reasons why the team hasn't improved. You may disagree, but you can't possibly fail to see why they think that.

The idea of taking on Wall is far-fetched, to say the least. But the part about their goal being to "stay compe ive" during Pop's final years? That looks pretty solid to me. And the part about Pop "not emphasizing the 3 as much as other teams"? That's a laughable understatement.

When you have a roster that is just short a piece or two, the future is now. But for this Spurs roster, the future is the future. And they aren't behaving like it. I said this team needs some changes. What I really wanted to say was that it needs an enema. But that would have made tempers flare, so I'm not gonna say it.
    I don't disagree that legitimate criticism should be said when necessary; it was never about that. It's about the idiots who call out others for supporting the team amidst that. The ones who are trying to drag others down to their miserable level. What they fail to see is that the ones they criticize DO acknowledge the faults of the team, but we actively choose to see the things to be optimistic about. These are the people who should off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't disagree that legitimate criticism should be said when necessary; it was never about that. It's about the idiots who call out others for supporting the team amidst that. The ones who are trying to drag others down to their miserable level. What they fail to see is that the ones they criticize DO acknowledge the faults of the team, but we actively choose to see the things to be optimistic about. These are the people who should off.
    Almost no one does that. You’re inventing some holier than thou position that doesn’t exist because you can’t handle any questions regarding the FO.

Even someone as vocal and present as me that could never be mistake as a troll or some complete idiot with no grasp on the NBA (maybe?) has repeatedly stated both my enthusiasm for the youth and that even my criticisms don’t mean the team has messed everything up. Repeatedly.

You just ignore that aspect because you can’t stomach and critical outlook.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost no one does that. You’re inventing some holier than thou position that doesn’t exist because you can’t handle any questions regarding the FO.

Even someone as vocal and present as me that could never be mistake as a troll or some complete idiot with no grasp on the NBA (maybe?) has repeatedly stated both my enthusiasm for the youth and that even my criticisms don’t mean the team has messed everything up. Repeatedly.

You just ignore that aspect because you can’t stomach and critical outlook.
    Are you ing kidding me?

Literally on the last page:

Watching the sniffers over the last season plus this off season has been a sight. You all should have your excuses lined up when Demar and LMA are in the starting lineup in the last game of the season (likely when they get eliminated in the playoff tournament) as the 10th seed
    Get your glasses checked, old man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you ing kidding me?

Literally on the last page:

Get your glasses checked, old man.
    One example? You are making it seem like it’s some COMMON belief. This old man thing is not as funny as you think but keep on

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One example? You are making it seem like it’s some COMMON belief. This old man thing is not as funny as you think but keep on
    The dude, I'm not going to go through countless threads digging up the examples for you. It's more common than you're led to believe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The dude, I'm not going to go through countless threads digging up the examples for you. It's more common than you're led to believe.
    He knows that. The group who disparage "sniffery" is too vocal and prominent for a regular poster to credibly not know.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whatever youngin

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He knows that. The group who disparage "sniffery" is too vocal and prominent for a regular poster to credibly not know.
    You’re saying you think it’s common for the people who call other sniffers to say the team is doomed and basically everything is bad (youth sucks, future sucks, etc)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re saying you think it’s common for the people who call other sniffers to say the team is doomed and basically everything is bad (youth sucks, future sucks, etc)?
    I'm not gonna split hairs on what common means. I know that you know it's not just one person though.

Thread Information