Page 717 of 1631 FirstFirst ... 2176176677077137147157167177187197207217277678171217 ... LastLast
Results 17,901 to 17,925 of 40770
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Widespread facemask use could shrink the 'R' number and prevent a second COVID-19 wave

Population-wide use of facemasks keeps the coronavirus 'reproduction number' under 1.0, and

prevents further waves of the virus when combined with lockdowns,

lockdowns alone will not stop the resurgence of SARS-CoV-2, and

that even homemade masks with limited effectiveness can dramatically reduce transmission rates

if worn by enough people, regardless of whether they show symptoms.

"If widespread facemask use by the public is combined with physical distancing and some lockdown,

it may offer an acceptable way of managing the pandemic and

re-opening economic activity

long before there is a working vaccine."

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/flori...wsltushpmgnews

Cops booted from a police dept often land in a sheriff's dept

Last edited by boutons_deux; 06-10-2020 at 05:59 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were more people with novel coronavirus in San Antonio hospitals Tuesday, but Metro Health officials said the system is still in good condition.

“We are reporting more cases,” said Mayor Ron Nirenberg at the first city-county briefing in five days. “Our data does, however, show a trend … that maintains a relative level of stability.”

Nirenberg said there were 107 people with the virus in hospitals, up from 96 Monday and 90 on Sunday, with 43 in intensive care and 24 on ventilators to help them breathe.

But Metro Health data show 31 percent of staffed hospital beds and 77 of ventilators remained available citywide, figures which show the system isn’t seriously stressed.

Nirenberg also reported there were 180 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, pushing the total in Bexar County since the first case was reported March 13 to 3,513.

Two cases were reported from congregate settings, and one inmate at the Bexar County Jail tested positive. He said 160 cases are under investigation.

Two new deaths were reported Tuesday, the first deaths reported since June 3. Both people who died were Hispanic men in their 50s who were patients at Baptist hospitals. The death toll rose to 80.

“We knew we were going to get more cases when the economy opened back up,” Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff said. “We just need to be careful like we’ve said time and time again with the mask and about social distancing.”

Nirenberg said the e in cases was due to a backlog in testing at local and statewide labs, as well as the increase in business and social activity as the city has gradually reopened.

“We’ll continue to see an increase in cases as those activities increase, but we’re monitoring this progress indicator very closely,” Nirenberg said.

The city can conduct 3,960 tests per day, well above the city’s target of 3,000 daily tests.

Nirenberg said the city is looking to hire and train 175 contact tracers by September, a goal the city is “well on our way to meeting,” he said. So far, the city has brought on 110 contact tracers.

Messaging around how the virus is transmitted became muddled this week after officials with the World Health Organization suggested that transmission from asymptomatic carriers of the virus to other people was rare. A day later, the WHO walked the statement back, saying much is still unknown.

“We haven’t changed our position on asymptotic (transmission), which is that we don’t what the prevalence is in our community,” Metro Health Director Dawn Emerick said. “We’ll continue to proceed with that direction and those assumptions regardless of the WHO statement.”

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

Messaging around how the virus is transmitted became muddled this week after officials with the World Health Organization suggested that transmission from asymptomatic carriers of the virus to other people was rare. A day later, the WHO walked the statement back, saying much is still unknown.

“We haven’t changed our position on asymptotic (transmission), which is that we don’t what the prevalence is in our community,” Metro Health Director Dawn Emerick said. “We’ll continue to proceed with that direction and those assumptions regardless of the WHO statement.

Would be very helpful in getting back to some sort of normality if the above turns out to be Correct.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^

“We haven’t changed our position on asymptotic (transmission), which is that we don’t what the prevalence is in our community,” Metro Health Director Dawn Emerick said. “We’ll continue to proceed with that direction and those assumptions regardless of the WHO statement.

Would be very helpful in getting back to some sort of normality if the above turns out to be Correct.
    There is a difference between asymptomatic and presymptomatic. With the presymptomatic they are still contagious before showing symptoms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Musky Elon

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There were more people with novel coronavirus in San Antonio hospitals Tuesday, but Metro Health officials said the system is still in good condition.

“We are reporting more cases,” said Mayor Ron Nirenberg at the first city-county briefing in five days. “Our data does, however, show a trend … that maintains a relative level of stability.”

Nirenberg said there were 107 people with the virus in hospitals, up from 96 Monday and 90 on Sunday, with 43 in intensive care and 24 on ventilators to help them breathe.

But Metro Health data show 31 percent of staffed hospital beds and 77 of ventilators remained available citywide, figures which show the system isn’t seriously stressed.

Nirenberg also reported there were 180 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, pushing the total in Bexar County since the first case was reported March 13 to 3,513.

Two cases were reported from congregate settings, and one inmate at the Bexar County Jail tested positive. He said 160 cases are under investigation.

Two new deaths were reported Tuesday, the first deaths reported since June 3. Both people who died were Hispanic men in their 50s who were patients at Baptist hospitals. The death toll rose to 80.

“We knew we were going to get more cases when the economy opened back up,” Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff said. “We just need to be careful like we’ve said time and time again with the mask and about social distancing.”

Nirenberg said the e in cases was due to a backlog in testing at local and statewide labs, as well as the increase in business and social activity as the city has gradually reopened.

“We’ll continue to see an increase in cases as those activities increase, but we’re monitoring this progress indicator very closely,” Nirenberg said.

The city can conduct 3,960 tests per day, well above the city’s target of 3,000 daily tests.

Nirenberg said the city is looking to hire and train 175 contact tracers by September, a goal the city is “well on our way to meeting,” he said. So far, the city has brought on 110 contact tracers.

“We haven’t changed our position on asymptotic (transmission), which is that we don’t what the prevalence is in our community,” Metro Health Director Dawn Emerick said. “We’ll continue to proceed with that direction and those assumptions regardless of the WHO statement.”
    So basically San Antonio, a city of 1.5 million (and metro of 2.6 million), has ~80 ventilators available in a pandemic and city officials are trying to call that stability? Seems like Italy-style death panels are a given once the virus takes hold here.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 06-10-2020 at 08:32 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Musky Elon

Melon Husk

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tesla’s main plant, said those affected included one from Tesla’s morning shift and another from its evening shift. The worker expressed concern over a perceived lack of caution on the production line

So 2 out of 10k?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i think they will mention the protesting

They are. I was wrong

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are. I was wrong

DMC was totally right though, it was just in passing and therefore i was being naive

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    They are. I was wrong

Dr. Birx Says George Floyd Protests Have Resulted in the Destruction of 70 Covid-19 Testing Sites

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...testing-sites/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a difference between asymptomatic and presymptomatic. With the presymptomatic they are still contagious before showing symptoms.
    This makes no sense at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No the below is what was suggested by some groups that contribute to WHO.

Symptomatic people, people with specific symptoms, ARE much more likely to shed transmissible virus while people without specific symptoms are not.
    If this is true, its very important in isolating the right people at the right times. And some of these groups are still sticking to their comments OUTSIDE of the WHO umbrella. We can all hope they turn out to be correct.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No the below is what was suggested by some groups that contribute to WHO.

Symptomatic people, people with specific symptoms, ARE much more likely to shed transmissible virus while people without specific symptoms are not.
    If this is true, its very important in isolating the right people at the right times. And some of these groups are still sticking to their comments OUTSIDE of the WHO umbrella. We can all hope they turn out to be correct.
    Yep you were wrong.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coronavirus infections in younger people are skyrocketing — here’s why

“that younger people have come to make up an increasing percentage of cases [in Oregon] as the pandemic has persisted.

Those under the age of 40 now make up 40% of new COVID cases.”

In
    Orange County, Florida — where the Florida Department of Health has said coronavirus cases are on the rise — the median age for a patient has dropped from 37 years old to 35 years old.

Orange County Health Officer Dr. Raul Pino told a local news affiliate that “half of all cases in the last 14 days [have] been in people between 20 and 40 years old — so the pandemic is going a lot younger.”

North Dakota has an even more surprising statistic: the number of total COVID-19 cases in that state is highest among people between the ages of 20 years old and 40 years old.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/06/cor..._campaign=4752

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So basically San Antonio, a city of 1.5 million (and metro of 2.6 million), has ~80 ventilators available in a pandemic and city officials are trying to call that stability? Seems like Italy-style death panels are a given once the virus takes hold here.

Feel like baseline has accepted we are all gonna die and is embracing it. Meanwhile is blowing up in arizona. We are all ed

glad canada is doing very well. Keep those borders closed trudeau

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feel like baseline has accepted we are all gonna die and is embracing it. Meanwhile is blowing up in arizona. We are all ed

glad canada is doing very well. Keep those borders closed trudeau
    What exactly is blowing up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These terms mean different things to different authors which is what one would expect with something so new. Arstechnica has written about this.

And...to give latest updates:

Big backlash by the asymptomatic/presymptomatic (using together because of the clarity issues) researchers who say it is not even in question that asymptomatic/presymptomatic people can be transmitting. I usually give links to these things but it’s pretty apparent they are not read.

Welcome to the world of science on a new virus. This is where many of us understand the press does a very poor job with diets and the right food. The immediately jump on one study because it can be startling and get read... dirt is good to eat!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep you were wrong.
    What was I wrong about?
    I said we don’t know,
    something you really need to try especially when you fake understanding science which you think deals only with graphs and then proceed to post bad graphs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next narrative seed from the far left: Health officials approved of the riots/protests because COVID affects blacks disproportionately, so blacks will be decimated by the virus after ignoring safety guidelines.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was I wrong about?
    I said we don’t know,
    something you really need to try especially when you fake understanding science which you think deals only with graphs and then proceed to post bad graphs.
    Nope. You were wrong. Now you are backtracking to say you don't know. You are failing at this.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These terms mean different things to different authors which is what one would expect with something so new. Arstechnica has written about this.

And...to give latest updates:

Big backlash by the asymptomatic/presymptomatic (using together because of the clarity issues) researchers who say it is not even in question that asymptomatic/presymptomatic people can be transmitting. I usually give links to these things but it’s pretty apparent they are not read.

Welcome to the world of science on a new virus. This is where many of us understand the press does a very poor job with diets and the right food. The immediately jump on one study because it can be startling and get read... dirt is good to eat!
    Lol you were wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IHME model for Texas now has uptick in deaths starting around September. Wtf?

https://covid19.healthdata.org/unite...-america/texas

Same for Florida.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IHME model for Texas now has uptick in deaths starting around September. Wtf?

https://covid19.healthdata.org/unite...-america/texas

Same for Florida.
    Lol ihme trying to get back in the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I already called wave 2 will.come in fall and will make wave 1 look like a picnic at the Ozarks

U nigas better be stockinv up on toilet paper and

Dont say u were not warned

Called it

Thread Information