My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Height: 6-5
    Weight: 199 lbs
    Date of Birth: 08/16/1996
    University: UNLV

DX Profile

Hat tip to AFBlue for catching that Chad Ford mentions Vaughn as a Justin Anderson alternative for the Spurs.

#27 on Draft Express

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's not my top choice but he intrigues me, will only be 19 in August and had some pretty decent numbers before going down with an injury.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd injury. Though I read he wasn't athletic, yet I have seen video of him dunking between his legs in game. I must be old if that's not considered athletic anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draftexpress recently posted their scouting report and video breakdown for Vaughn.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...Breakdown-5004

Vaughn's biggest appeal as a NBA prospect revolves around his tremendous scoring instincts from the perimeter, specifically his shot-making prowess. He averaged over 22 points per-40 minutes at the age of 18, which is something only 29 players in the last 15 years of college basketball can boast, all but eight of whom ended up being NBA players.

Vaughn's skill-set dictates he would be best suited operating as a role-player at the NBA level, but his mentality and body language often looks like that of a star. While he's clearly very talented, and many laud his work ethic, there are quite a few question marks about his lack of discipline and whether he's unselfish enough to thrive in a compe ive team setting, particularly when playing time needs to be earned. He's always been in places where the shots came easy, and hasn't ever really been part of a winning environment. Can a NBA team help rid him of many of the bad habits he's picked up along the way?

Nevertheless, Vaughn is a player many teams will think about taking a flyer on late in the first round or early in the second, as 18-year olds with his talent-level usually aren't available at that stage of the draft, especially at a position that is arguably the draft's (and NBA's?) most shallow. He's young enough that some NBA team will think they can get past his flaws and find a way to get the best of his impressive scoring instincts. Even if they can't, they won't have to make too big of an investment if things don't work out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty good numbers for an 18 yr old. Haven't followed his career but based on the numbers, he's quite intriguing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Working out for the Spurs next week.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamZagor...36105735987201

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft Express' new #26 on 1 June 2015.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kid's growing on me big time. It would be really nice for the team to have a natural scorer off the bench between Joseph and Anderson.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I've read, just don't see him as Spur

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From what I've read, just don't see him as Spur
    Care to elaborate?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just got the impression that he's a me first kinda player, not a team concept kinda guy

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MJ was a me-first. Team philosophy or triangle offense had changed that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    95 percent of rookies will come to the Spurs awe-struck no matter how they acted in college. Vaughn seems like a good kid who's getting out of a bad situation. I think he'd be inclined to fit in, especially given that he'd have a chance to play a big role off the bench as a rookie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    95 percent of rookies will come to the Spurs awe-struck no matter how they acted in college. Vaughn seems like a good kid who's getting out of a bad situation. I think he'd be inclined to fit in, especially given that he'd have a chance to play a big role off the bench as a rookie.
    Pop would keep a tight leash on him. How would he react to the inevitable dog-house periods?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darren Wolfson ‏@DWolfsonKSTP 3h3 hours ago Just chatted w/ @ShowtimeMr1 at the airport. Said #Twolves workout went well. Next up: Mavs, Spurs, & Celtics. Flying to Dallas now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #26 pick in latest DX mock today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #17 in tonight's updated D/X mock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #17 in tonight's updated D/X mock.
    Big riser. Not sure about #17, but given the dearth of shooters I do think he'll get scooped up before the Spurs pick.

Thread Information