Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'd absolutely go with Durant. He's in his prime of his career at 26 years old. The guy can do anything you want except tell Westbrook to shop shooting the ball.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy can do anything you want except tell Westbrook to shop shooting the ball.
    In his defense, nobody else has had any luck, either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd take Giannis Antetokounmpo. A 7 footer with guard skills and an enormous wingspan. Oh, and he's 19, meaning he'll be a superstar in the league for the next 15 years and have time to get even better. Right now he's just a sick presence on D with his long arms/giant hands and a complete mismatch on offense because of his size and ball handling skills. Lebron is a gifted specimen, but he's got nothing on this kid, and he's also 10 years older.
    Antetokounmpo sucks. It's hilarious seeing Bucks fans trying to polish that turd constantly.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget that with Duncan you get a guaranteed 50+ season wins and a deep playoff run. Can Davis say the same? Nope.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I'm filling out a ing re ed survey, I'm giving a nod to my hall-of-famer. ESPN may not appreciate him, but I certainly do if I'm a member of the organization.
    Down with ESPN!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't forget that with Duncan you get a guaranteed 50+ season wins and a deep playoff run. Can Davis say the same? Nope.
    . He's young Duncan. Not as great, but really close.

If they offered Davis for Duncan straight up? You don't think the Spurs would do it?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Hinkie picked Duncan and he's planning to tank.
    You beat me to it!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would pick Durant because he has found a way to exploit the soft NBA rules/star treatment. Just jump into the defender and then shoot FTs. Hard to beat that tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If they offered Davis for Duncan straight up? You don't think the Spurs would do it?
    Even if we ignore Duncans no trade clause, I don't think this would be an obvious yes. In basketball terms it's a no brainer of course, but loyalty is everything to Pop and I'm not sure he could ever trade Timmy. Holt would have to step in and make the deal himself.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These GM's are all crazy. Lebron is 29 and aging FAST. He'd score 17 in the first quarter and disappear for the next 3 vs the Spurs in the Finals. At this point, he's just all hype and no game.

I'd take Giannis Antetokounmpo. A 7 footer with guard skills and an enormous wingspan. Oh, and he's 19, meaning he'll be a superstar in the league for the next 15 years and have time to get even better. Right now he's just a sick presence on D with his long arms/giant hands and a complete mismatch on offense because of his size and ball handling skills. Lebron is a gifted specimen, but he's got nothing on this kid, and he's also 10 years older.

This has to be a joke, right? You'd take a totally unproven player over Davis, Durant, and LeBron.

You Belinelli Believe It! dougp's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry for quoting myself, but I just realized that the Mavs don't have a GM, do they? I guess Cuban fills out the surveys.
    Donnie Nelson is still the Mav's GM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The correct answer to this question is Davis. How often do healthy dominant TRUE bigmen come along? His game is already looking polished and well-rounded, and he's a defensive monster. Going to lead the league in blocks this year most likely.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    someone would start a team with a 38 year old. Thats pretty good to know.
    Definitely need to find out who they are see what assets they have and send Ayres and DAye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Lebron and win atleast 2 championships in the next 5 years.

Picking Timmy over Lebron/KD/AD at his age is just stupid tbh, in the Spurs point of view of course it's hard to say because TD is and has always been the cornerstone but starting a franchise anew I don't know how you come up with Duncan over those three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't pick Lebron tbh

Davis or Durant would be my choice we're talking about a player from now on. But if we're talking about a player considering his career/prime, I would take Duncan quite comfortably.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't pick Lebron tbh

Davis or Durant would be my choice we're talking about a player from now on. But if we're talking about a player considering his career/prime, I would take Duncan quite comfortably.
    I like the case Bill Simmons made for the two best career players in NBA history. He said if you were starting a fantasy draft tomorrow of all players at the beginning of their career and you wanted to make the biggest, longest impact on your team, you would take Kareem at #1 and Duncan at #2. That's pretty ing insane praise from a Celtic homer like Simmons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd absolutely go with Durant. He's in his prime of his career at 26 years old. The guy can do anything you want except tell Westbrook to shop shooting the ball.
    I wouldnt build my team around a gotty beta who cant palm the balm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at anyone who wouldnt pick Duncan. Lebron is just gonna leave your team. Durant is a second banana at best. Davis I can understand tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at anyone who wouldnt pick Duncan. Lebron is just gonna leave your team. Durant is a second banana at best. Davis I can understand tho.
    lol at not reading the actual survey question

key word today bruh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol at not reading the actual survey question

key word today bruh
    Still holds true. No one better than TD to control your locker room much less teach professionalism and a winning culture to your organization. A no nonsense player who won't complain, or be in the media making your team look bad. All he does is win....and oh yeah not to mention 5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still holds true. No one better than TD to control your locker room much less teach professionalism and a winning culture to your organization. A no nonsense player who won't complain, or be in the media making your team look bad. All he does is win....and oh yeah not to mention 5
    Ok

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sorry but how the can you justify picking a 38 year-old who will likely be out of the league in 2 years max? You can't seriously think you'd get more utility out of 2 years of way-past-his-prime Duncan than you would out of a 26 year-old Durant or someone younger.

If we're assuming everyone is the same age, then of course I'd take Duncan. But at 38 years old? No way in . Duncan's leadership is valuable, but c'mon now.

edit: talking from an objective standpoint btw...so "keeping your franchise player happy" isn't relevant
    Last edited by SpursFan86; 10-10-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donnie Nelson is still the Mav's GM.
    Is he? He's the President, but their GM quit the night before the season started a couple of years ago, and they didn't replace him. It's probably splitting hairs, as Donnie obviously has that responsibility, even if he doesn't carry the le. I'm sure he filled out the survey if Cuban didn't snake it from his inbox.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm positive they would never do it. That would be a slap in the face of everything the Spurs stand for. Trading the guy who made the franchise at the twilight of his career? Not on my Spurs!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did RC not see keyword "today"?

Thread Information