Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sacramento and Phoenix can go 5-1 to get in the picture but give me a break tbh

remaining schedules:

New Orleans: Sac, Was, Sas, Sac, Orl
    Portland: Hou, Den, Lac, Phi, Dal, Bkn
    Memphis: Uta, Okc, Tor, Bos, Mil
    San Antonio: Den, Uta, Nop, Hou, Uta

if we go 5-0 we still get the 8th seed if all these happen, we get the 9th seed if two happen

New Orleans goes 4-1, or worse
    Portland goes 5-1, or worse
    Memphis goes 2-3 or worse

if we go 4-1 we get the 8th seed if all happen, 9th seed if 2 happen

New Orleans goes 4-1, or worse
    Portland goes 4-2, or worse
    Memphis goes 1-4, or worse

we go 3-2 we still get the 8th seed if all three happen, 9th seed if 2 happen

Memphis would have to go 0-5
    New Orleans goes 3-2, or worse
    Portland goes 3-3, or worse

if we go 2-3 we can’t get the 8th seed but we get 9th if

Portland goes 2-4 or worse
    New Orleans goes 2-3 or worse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Alot of if's. Spurs are in a good position and its sink or swim for the young guys

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That choke against Philly hurts, man.

Spurs Fan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That choke against Philly hurts, man.
    It really does. On one hand 2-1 is phenomenal but this ing hurts. A win tonight basically guarantees 9th at worst.

Portland has a tough schedule. I think they are done tbh. Grizzlies have a difficult schedule too.

I think if we win 2 we'll be good enough for 9th. 3 wins guarantees it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless NOP and POR suddenly start winning everything, it doesn't look that hard to sneak into the play-in. Spurs just need to even their records. Probably enough with:

- Trying to get a win in the next two games.
    - Pivotal game vs New Orleans.
    - Finishing it with another W in the last two games.

By the last 2-3 games, there will be teams starting to give rest to their players as it happens at the end of every regular season. Strength of schedules will be affected. Watch out!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i dont see us winning more than 2 games ... Utah is always tough and were not beating Houston or Denver

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly 10th is most likely but at least effort is there.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    it will come down to the last game and Poop will get Zion dunk over Poodle for forty minutes..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still in the camp of not making the playoffs. I'd hate to get raped/swept by the ing Lakers. I prefer #11 over that. But I have to admit, that watching these Spurs play the way they have these last games has been fun. If only Pop would read ST, this season could have been much more fun.
    Think about having played a similar lineup all season. I think DJ/White/DDR/Lyles/LMA with Patty/Lonnie/Keldon/Gay/Jakob being the primary backups could have been a fun season. With no doubt in my mind that we'd have a similar, if not better record, than the likes of Dallas, OKC, Utha or Houston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It really does. On one hand 2-1 is phenomenal but this ing hurts. A win tonight basically guarantees 9th at worst.

Portland has a tough schedule. I think they are done tbh. Grizzlies have a difficult schedule too.

I think if we win 2 we'll be good enough for 9th. 3 wins guarantees it.
    One thing to note about a “tough” schedule is that the further we go, the less the top teams have to play for. The Lakers already clinched #1. So, perhaps the “tougher” schedule is actually the easiest when teams rest the starters, and the “easier” schedule will be harder because those opponents have something to play for.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it will come down to the last game and Poop will get Zion dunk over Poodle for forty minutes..
    I'm pretty sure that Zion can't do 40 minutes of dunking in a game right now. Dude is running to fat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We gotta beat the Pelicans and get at least one win vs Utah (or hope Houston has its seed locked up in the next to the last game and 'Antoni rests everyone). I see 2-3. It depends on how Portland does really or if Memphis continues its freefall.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When your rolling out mills forbes beli and derozen lineups your gonna get smoked

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Pels have the easiest path but the worst coach.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Pels have the easiest path but the worst coach.
    Always fely coach ooookay was overrated as thechead guy. High level assitant tho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah hasn't been good at all, they've been blowing every game and sorely miss Bogdanovic. I also got the impression that things between Gobert and Mitc aren't silky smooth right now. The Pelicans I'm not scared off, Zion is on a minutes restriction and when he's on the court, hasn't looked too good due to rust and weight gain, Lonzo Ball sucks as always and Ingram can be contained with our young guys now playing starter minutes. Next 2 games are against Denver and Utah - the Nuggets have several players missing but haven't been playing too bad, and I'm not hopeful we can contain Jokic, so we should at least try to win against the Jazz to secure the play-ins.

Having said that, I'm still on camp missing the playoffs, tbh. I also don't want to be pummeled by a Lakers team we have no chance against, and even though this draft isn't the greatest in terms of talent, I'd rather at least have the chance to move up into the lottery than be stuck with a 15-16th pick and have to sit through 4-5 probable blowouts. I won't be able to watch them calmly as the youngings go down 20 to LeFakers, en route to an easy ring. But on the other hand, missing the POs means more tough losses like yesterday's, so I'm conflicted. Bottom line, win or lose, I want it to be at the hands of the young guys - seeing DeMar and Rudy take over the game last night wasn't too good, even if they're more effective for now. Spurs have to be thinking about the future and maximizing players that'll help them for years to come, not old vets who won't be on the team past next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah hasn't been good at all, they've been blowing every game and sorely miss Bogdanovic. I also got the impression that things between Gobert and Mitc aren't silky smooth right now. The Pelicans I'm not scared off, Zion is on a minutes restriction and when he's on the court, hasn't looked too good due to rust and weight gain, Lonzo Ball sucks as always and Ingram can be contained with our young guys now playing starter minutes. Next 2 games are against Denver and Utah - the Nuggets have several players missing but haven't been playing too bad, and I'm not hopeful we can contain Jokic, so we should at least try to win against the Jazz to secure the play-ins.

Having said that, I'm still on camp missing the playoffs, tbh. I also don't want to be pummeled by a Lakers team we have no chance against, and even though this draft isn't the greatest in terms of talent, I'd rather at least have the chance to move up into the lottery than be stuck with a 15-16th pick and have to sit through 4-5 probable blowouts. I won't be able to watch them calmly as the youngings go down 20 to LeFakers, en route to an easy ring. But on the other hand, missing the POs means more tough losses like yesterday's, so I'm conflicted. Bottom line, win or lose, I want it to be at the hands of the young guys - seeing DeMar and Rudy take over the game last night wasn't too good, even if they're more effective for now. Spurs have to be thinking about the future and maximizing players that'll help them for years to come, not old vets who won't be on the team past next season.
    What kind of gives me ease about making the playoffs or not making the playoffs is the small segment during last night's game where David Telep, director of personnel, spoke. He was talking about the draft and the draft process, and at the end of it sounded really confident they'll get the player they want. This tells me theyre aiming for someone who will fit the team and is very attainable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What kind of gives me ease about making the playoffs or not making the playoffs is the small segment during last night's game where David Telep, director of personnel, spoke. He was talking about the draft and the draft process, and at the end of it sounded really confident they'll get the player they want. This tells me theyre aiming for someone who will fit the team and is very attainable.
    Do you have a link? I missed that. I really hope he's right then - I don't know what player in particular the Spurs are targeting, but that's what makes me wish they miss the playoffs - more chances of getting that player at #11, than #15-16, and the small possibility of moving into the lottery is really enticing, especially with the new flattened odds. The Pelicans and Lakers both moved way up last year, and I think it'll start becoming a bigger trend than it was before. If I recall correctly, there's about 2% chance of moving up to each of the top 4 slots if we stay at eleven, and I want to play that numbers game. More than I want to get pummeled by the Lakers, at least, lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you have a link? I missed that. I really hope he's right then - I don't know what player in particular the Spurs are targeting, but that's what makes me wish they miss the playoffs - more chances of getting that player at #11, than #15-16, and the small possibility of moving into the lottery is really enticing, especially with the new flattened odds. The Pelicans and Lakers both moved way up last year, and I think it'll start becoming a bigger trend than it was before. If I recall correctly, there's about 2% chance of moving up to each of the top 4 slots if we stay at eleven, and I want to play that numbers game. More than I want to get pummeled by the Lakers, at least, lol.
    I don't know how to put it on Youtube. Drew?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rooting for Mavs, Clippers, and Rockets today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Win the NOP game and one more and we should be in.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rooting for Mavs, Clippers, and Rockets today.
    Let the Kings win today so that they play NOP with something to play for on the next game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Paul Garcia
    pAulGarciaNBA
    1m
    Marco Belinelli is probable for tomorrow’s Spurs game. Bryn Forbes is still out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Paul Garcia
    pAulGarciaNBA
    1m
    Nooooooo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Paul Garcia
    pAulGarciaNBA
    1m
    Nooooooo.

Thread Information