Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read http://www.48minutesof .com/2009/...s-point-guard/

"Marcus Williams does a wonderful job of initiating the offense and seems to have a real firm grasp of where to move either the ball or his body. It’s obvious that his dominance of the D-League is the result of two things: 1) hard work and 2) he fully understands the Spurs/Toros system. As a point guard, Marcus Williams could transform his tweener frame from a negative into a positive. 6′7” is tremendous size for a point."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marcus William is not a point guard, I don't see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i saw some games with him in the D-league. he basically ran the point half the possestioons he was in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Point guard, no. Point forward, maybe. The question is, what position will he defend in the NBA?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i saw some games with him in the D-league. he basically ran the point half the possestioons he was in
    Is he a better ball handler and passer than George Hill?

I mean, I do like #3, but from what I saw in Summer League, the guy isn't that good handling the ball and can't see to see the passing angles. To be fair, George Hill definitely can lock down a PG (example: Iverson)

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would any one have highlights of him or anything? I know that he dominated statistically in the D-league last season but Ive never seen him play.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salvation?

No.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think he could be an adequate point forward if he shares the floor with, say, Ginobili and Hill?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he is an intriguing prospect, but can't say much more. It will be interesting to see how he is used, if at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they try him at the actual PG slot to see if it causes mismatches against other bench players, but a lineup like you described could be effective as well. There could be some crazy ball movement with multiple passers on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he a better ball handler and passer than George Hill?
    no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he actually might be a better passer than Hill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he actually might be a better passer than Hill.
    Does he have the athletic ability to defend opposing guards? He might be able to move the ball around and set up the offense, but are smaller, quicker guards going to go right past him on defense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he is an intriguing prospect, but can't say much more. It will be interesting to see how he is used, if at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they try him at the actual PG slot to see if it causes mismatches against other bench players, but a lineup like you described could be effective as well. There could be some crazy ball movement with multiple passers on the floor.
    I think the Spurs see Williams creating match-up dilemmas off the bench (part of the reason they held onto him rather than Hairston). His versatility is, as you say, intriguing. But all this could be moot with a poor camp, so we'll just have to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he have the athletic ability to defend opposing guards? He might be able to move the ball around and set up the offense, but are smaller, quicker guards going to go right past him on defense?
    Put Hill on them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt J Vaughn would've had any 30/10/10 games in the D League last year, so as a third PG/SG/SF, he's really not a bad option. His best performances in the D League were as good or better than those of Mahinmi.

I wrote that ====> bishopospurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    should be a fun preseason, can't wait to see what we really have. It would be nice to have him be able to contribute at both positions, but he has to be able to play d on guards. Maybe not Chris Paul's, but at least 2nd string type of points. If a team like the hornets sub CP3 back in you rotate Williams away defensively back to the 3 spot.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ariza has had some good success against small points... we could hope marcus has some of the same quickness, but someone who has watched him play a lot could give us a better idea...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the good thing is he will probably be out there(if he ever plays) with other ball handlers, they wouldn't at least I hope they don't make him the primary ball handler when he is out there. I guess maybe poor poor man's Brent Barry without the shooting lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You play him with Hill, and cross match the guards.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair Hills ball handling sucked last year and his passing skills were dribble to three point line and then pass to the wing. I hope he has worked on those two things this summer and hope that he will be a steady backup to Tony.

As far as Williams all I can remember is that him and Harriston were always scoring thirty pts and having 6 to seven rebounds a game. I do like though having Williams as an insurance package so we got someone for PG, SG, and SF postions if someone goes down.

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You play him with Hill, and cross match the guards.
    Yea, that is what I was thinking too.

Can't Start Threads
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Salvation?? No...... but maybe If someone gets Hurt for Spot Minutes....

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll be the salvation of Pop's dream draft pick, because he can run the point and let McClinton defend the opposing point guard. The passing of the mancrush torch has begun, folks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't he play PG at Arizona? I remember that his coach was very high on him at one point for his versatility.There were some really excellent quotes from Luke.

Thread Information