My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all the information we have as of right now, this is what I want to happen.

The United States abruptly ends firing missiles unless absolutely needed to take out a specific high danger threat.

The U.S. endorses Turkey and allows them to finally pull their weight around in the NATO sphere, in regards to the military operations.

France, U.K, and Turkey do the bulk of any eventual probable ground work. Only US people on the ground are the ones that are always on the ground we never hear about in the news.
    The US is in full support of all supply-oriented missions such as food, water, humanitarian stuff. You know, what we said the mission is all about.

The Arab countries involved in the political side of the war actively take part in attempting to establish a stable Libya.

I supposed in order for that to happen, Qaddafi would have to get killed, sooner rather than later.

New precedents are set in regards to the US at ude and participation in war regarding peripheral threats. (if you can even call the Libya situation that)

NATO takes one step forward to being slightly multilateral.

France and the EU will naturally be threatened, and make Turkey EU membership even more far-fetched than it is now (I don't want this part to happen but if everything I want happens so far, it will most likely happen)

US and Turkey move forward into the future with an unwritten understanding that Turkey has become a much more important member of the alliance, both in decision-making and military action.

Turkey is the key. They will eventually be the only regional rival Iran will have in the future in regards to ideology and influence. I want the US to use this war to stick NATO issues to Turkey closer than they've ever been.

We plan to withdraw from Iraq and Iran will gush into this power vacuum. Perhaps we can slow down the (IMO) inevitable fall of Saudi Arabia and buffer the Iranian influence by forming a deeper bond with Turkey that will go unnoticed and unacknowledged by most in the media.

Naturally none of this will happen, but its the best (though far fetched) outcome I can hope of the Libyan War.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^Far too sane and reasonable to receive any serious consideration from the Masters of the Game or the capons of public opinion. I agree strongly about ceding to Turkey and letting the neighborhood have a bigger role.

Unfortunately, strategic thinking and staid, boring analysis of the national interest sort ill with the Wilsonian piety and imperial grandeur which cons ute, in the main, the US civil religion. Anyone who favors cold, impassive reason over stroking the vanity of the electorate dooms himself to political inconsequence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, once again these countries want the US to do it all again so they can complain about the US being the world police.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    strong take, CBF

It's off a video game. lazerelmo's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want OPEC to lose a member.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope we save some cruise missiles for Syria. I mean certainly they're next, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What outcomes do all of you desire or hope for from this damn situation?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not this:
    Gates pointed out that UN Security Council Resolution 1973, upon which the US-led war is predicated, is “not time-limited” and that he therefore thought it wasn’t reasonable to set a timeline for when the war would actually end.

“I think no one was under any illusions that this would be an operation that would last one week, or two weeks, or three weeks,” Gates insisted.
    http://www.voanews.com/english/news/...118532589.html

hasta la victoria, siempre cheguevara's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It all sounds great but the Israelis won't allow it. Order in the middle east is the last thing they want.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What outcomes do all of you desire or hope for from this damn situation?
    To be honest, I've been so upset by this that I haven't given much thought to how I think the best outcome can be fulfilled. I'll have to give it some thought but I'll get back to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It all sounds great but the Israelis won't allow it. Order in the middle east is the last thing they want.
    I'm not a big fan of Israel but I don't believe this is true.

Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Viva Las Espuelas's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're unbelievably mistaken, Mr Genocide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest, I've been so upset by this that I haven't given much thought to how I think the best outcome can be fulfilled. I'll have to give it some thought but I'll get back to you.
    I am just as upset as you. But what's done is done, and there are so many new things to learn and understand about what's going on I just decided to put that aside and try to understand what's going on as its going on.

It all sounds great but the Israel won't allow it. Order in the middle east is the last thing they want.
    I left Israel out of my little schpeel to see if anyone would say this.

Because in my pragmatic ideal of how this whole Libyan thing ends, I see a huge opening for the US to establish another ally in the region. Not a nominal, inconsequential ally, but a "junior partner" ally, like Israel used to be.

But naturally, one of the main things preventing this at home is that god forsaken Jewish lobby, not to mention the Israeli politicians themselves. And who knows what steps the Mossad would take to ensure the US does not become relatively closer allies with Turkey.

I would LOVE to see a situation where reawakened fiscal conservatives openly question the insane amount of money we hand Israel for being our "sole and only ally in a dangerous region" when their entire use as an ally is in an end-game situation. They are completely useless in every aspect of what is going on in the Middle East, in fact, they are, and always have been, one of the bigger parts of the problem.

When you stand back and look at it, Israel does not look like much of an ally moving forward, in the upcoming shifted paradigm of ME politics. The fact that Netenyahu came back, and his relentless drive to pursue interests that are BLATANLY PRO ISRAEL AND OVER THE UNITED STATES, leads me to believe this.

Course that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all the information we have as of right now, this is what I want to happen.

The United States abruptly ends firing missiles unless absolutely needed to take out a specific high danger threat.

The U.S. endorses Turkey and allows them to finally pull their weight around in the NATO sphere, in regards to the military operations.

France, U.K, and Turkey do the bulk of any eventual probable ground work. Only US people on the ground are the ones that are always on the ground we never hear about in the news.
    The US is in full support of all supply-oriented missions such as food, water, humanitarian stuff. You know, what we said the mission is all about.

The Arab countries involved in the political side of the war actively take part in attempting to establish a stable Libya.

I supposed in order for that to happen, Qaddafi would have to get killed, sooner rather than later.

New precedents are set in regards to the US at ude and participation in war regarding peripheral threats. (if you can even call the Libya situation that)

NATO takes one step forward to being slightly multilateral.

France and the EU will naturally be threatened, and make Turkey EU membership even more far-fetched than it is now (I don't want this part to happen but if everything I want happens so far, it will most likely happen)

US and Turkey move forward into the future with an unwritten understanding that Turkey has become a much more important member of the alliance, both in decision-making and military action.

Turkey is the key. They will eventually be the only regional rival Iran will have in the future in regards to ideology and influence. I want the US to use this war to stick NATO issues to Turkey closer than they've ever been.

We plan to withdraw from Iraq and Iran will gush into this power vacuum. Perhaps we can slow down the (IMO) inevitable fall of Saudi Arabia and buffer the Iranian influence by forming a deeper bond with Turkey that will go unnoticed and unacknowledged by most in the media.

Naturally none of this will happen, but its the best (though far fetched) outcome I can hope of the Libyan War.
    Pretty good call, CBF.

"We have reached an agreement with Turkish Defence Minister Hulusi Akar and Qatar's (minister) Khaled bin Mohammad Al-Attiyah on tripar e cooperation to build a military ins ute for training," said the GNA's deputy defence minister, Salah al-Namrouch.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...ey/ar-BB18679W

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ma nig che with d goods

Thread Information