Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll be interesting tonight to see how hard the guys play and their body language. Maybe we'll get a feeling if they're behind Pop, Jax or indifferent to the development.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the big question about this decision. Is Pop really going to ing play Kawhi 40+ minutes a game? Or are we going to continue to see 25-35 minutes a game? I'm tired of Pop babying guys, especially a young guy like Kawhi. Let him loose out there already...
    If he plays him 40 minutes then expect to see Kawhi sitting every other game. That tendonitis is gonna flare like a mofo

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No way to spin this. It's horrible news for the Spurs and especially our playoff prospects. WTF is Pop thinking?

So you keep a guy that is turning cancerous in the locker room? Awesome, are you Mike Dunleavy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to side with Pop and trust what he's doing here. With all of his ill-temperament, he wouldn't make a decision like this without a thoughful conclusion. I hope this is the addition by subtraction shot in the arm they need.

There is still time to make this thing right for the playoffs. But damn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here's the big question about this decision. Is Pop really going to ing play Kawhi 40+ minutes a game? Or are we going to continue to see 25-35 minutes a game? I'm tired of Pop babying guys, especially a young guy like Kawhi. Let him loose out there already...
    Come the playoffs, Kawhi is going to average a whole of a lot of minutes. Pop has been playing him the entire second half of big games. Even if he gets an 8 minute break in the first half, that's still 40 MPG when the chips are down....

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You mean a young guy with a knee problem?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So can everyone in here agree that if this team SOMEHOW makes the NBA Finals it would be the greatest run ever to the Finals for a Spurs team?
    It would be the most odd thing since the Jack trade almost put the Spurs over the top last year and if they managed to win this year without him. I'm all for it, tbh.

Paranoid
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can Pop please ask Gary Neal if he's better than Danny Green and then immediately fire him?
    How do you ask a guy with Sjax resumé if he's better than a Danny Green. How do you cut James Anderson and Stephen Jackson because of your irrational love for a single scrub...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs organization wants hall-of-fame-kinda-players (like Manu) who would sit on the bench if they have to "because that's what's best for the team." I, personally, highly respect that.

JAX's iness wasn't going to be allowed.

Paranoid
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean a young guy with a knee problem?
    And who can get in foul trouble easily since he'll guard the best players.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny green saying "we have chemistry issues". pop's comment about certain guys have to get their head around things after Saturday's game.

it all adds up...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll be interesting tonight to see how hard the guys play and their body language. Maybe we'll get a feeling if they're behind Pop, Jax or indifferent to the development.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they were indifferent. The young guys might even find it refreshing if Jack was truly being a cancer in the locker room.

Jack seemed to hang out with a different crowd anyway with his whole rap thing on the side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that I think about it, the Spurs looked much more cohesive in the Nuggets game than they have in recent weeks. Sure, they sucked for a lot of the game but at least it was cohesive sucking

Maybe I'm reaching for glimmers of hope but as a Spurs fan I have to wish that Jack was a monstrous distraction.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs organization wants hall-of-fame-kinda-players (like Manu) who would sit on the bench if they have to "because that's what's best for the team." I, personally, highly respect that.

JAX's iness wasn't going to be allowed.

yness is fun as long as you don't go AI and let it affect the team.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How do you ask a guy with Sjax resumé if he's better than a Danny Green. How do you cut James Anderson and Stephen Jackson because of your irrational love for a single scrub...
    Same reason you run Bonner/Blair out there with a legit big sitting on the bench and in Austin for half the season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yness is fun as long as you don't go AI and let it affect the team.
    Which is what apparently happened...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Jax was the one that broke into Pop's home.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This barbershop story sounds too far fetched. Not because Jax thought he was better than Danny or Manu, but because Pop asks him if he thinks he is better. Why the would Pop do something like that?! It is a bull question because all three of them have largely different roles. And more to the fact it is a lose lose situation. Either Jax shows weakness by backing down to Manu and Danny (no I am not better than Manu or Danny), or it gets Jax all high and mighty as the story suggests ( yea I am better than Manu and Danny) . Pop is the smartest coach in the NBA, and I am sure he is smart enough not to pit his players against one another. There must be something else going on. I don't think this whole thing started from Pop throwing that question out. There has to be a more reasonable explanation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KKKKKKK

Paranoid
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This barbershop story sounds too far fetched. Not because Jax thought he was better than Danny or Manu, but because Pop asks him if he thinks he is better. Why the would Pop do something like that?! It is a bull question because all three of them have largely different roles. And more to the fact it is a lose lose situation. Either Jax shows weakness by backing down to Manu and Danny (no I am not better than Manu or Danny), or it gets Jax all high and mighty as the story suggests ( yea I am better than Manu and Danny) . Pop is the smartest coach in the NBA, and I am sure he is smart enough not to pit his players against one another. There must be something else going on. I don't think this whole thing started from Pop throwing that question out. There has to be a more reasonable explanation.
    That's not far fetched at all, it was his direct compe ion in the rotation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe he could get a year or two for the absolute minimum if he managed to impress in practice. He'd have to re-acquire some semblance of an offensive game, though.
    EXTREMELY doubtful. He's, what 36? And he just pushed the only coach known to put up with any measure of his right over the edge.

Stephen Jackson is officially radioactive, if he weren't already, in the eyes of the NBA.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop isn't the type to drop the "you think your better than these guys?" It's just not his mo.

Paranoid
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop isn't the type to drop the "you think your better than these guys?" It's just not his mo.
    Pop is god.

Pop, the Mastermind superjames1992's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    EXTREMELY doubtful. He's, what 36? And he just pushed the only coach known to put up with any measure of his right over the edge.

Stephen Jackson is officially radioactive, if he weren't already, in the eyes of the NBA.
    He turned 35 a few days ago, so he's younger than Manu, tbh. Unfortunately, due to all the illicit drugs he has done over the years, he hasn't aged as well as Manu, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but at least it was cohesive sucking
    Believe it or not, cohesive sucking is a thing. Even if the spurs are going to get swept at some point, you want them to be cohesively swept and not just roll over as they have shown in the past. [insert praying dog]

Thread Information