Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My biggest discouragement in the past few weeks is seeing just how physically overwhelmed our guys look. I know size isn’t everything in basketball (go ahead with the middle school jokes ) but when our guys can’t get clean passes and good shots consistently, it looks problematic. And on the defensive side, the other team just has to bulldoze our guys over and get good looks at the rim. I don’t know, am I crazy or do our guys look like a highschool team physically against the league’s best? Basketball’s about more than height and strength, but being physically imposing is a key advantage, particularly on defense.
    You don't need size, speed, or shooting, all it takes to win is #kulture :pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calling Derrick White "listless" after he got a tooth knocked out and stayed in the game...ehhh....

I thought at the time he might have a concussion or something the way he reacted, just walking around aimlessly.
    SpursTalk posters lost a tooth last night and kept posting no doubt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    poeltl is not starting center material.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    also, what is bothering me the most about gay at this time isn't that he's been so bad lately (although that is troublesome); it's that his awful minutes are coming at the expense of luka's opportunity to get more meaningful playing time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You'd be surprised how many people here think otherwise. We are the minority

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and your comments on pop were spot on. as the 4th quarter painfully dragged on, i kept waiting for pop to try something (anything) with the line-up. instead, he just stuck with a group that was doing nothing but playing the part of a really bad team.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is true. But some don’t want to accept it. Toronto came to that conclusion and shipped him. Spurs think they can fix him - I don’t believe they can. But he is a solid back up - spot starter.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't need size, speed, or shooting, all it takes to win is #kulture :pop
    but really

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keeping Demar was a bottom out move

I’ve watched every minute of spurs basketball this year. Every time the man sits the defensive intensity picks up. The spacing improves, the rotations are on point and those wide open 3 point shots go away. They can employ a trapping defense with the athleticism they have on the floor defensively with him out to great effect.

He’s been a crushing negative on this losing streak. He’s been out scored in every single game on this streak while on the floor and is routinely the most negative player on the team by +/-. He is -3.1 this year per 100 possessions which puts him at like #300 league wide- it’s abysmal.

All the same complaints about LA not being able to hold weight on defense outweighing his offensive contributions apply to Demar. Couple that with demar’s inability to stretch the defense, create space for his team mates and do anything other than clog the lane, and you have a losing team led by a losing player that will continue to lose ball games.

they could waive him tomorrow and this team would improve I am absolutely certain of it. If Demar is kept past this season it would be one of the most unforgivable moves by a basketball FO in the modern era.
    It would be slightly worse than not trading him at the deadline..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As bad as Popped was -par for the course.....

How about that nigra Reggie Jackson becoming Prime Curry in the 4th.

F'r was dropping everything he threw up. Not like they were uncontested shots. Season high.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just stop expecting AllStar-Numbers from a 9mill-guy. If you want that you have to put more money on the table. Spurs get what they've paid for. And don't act like the other guys - the 13+ mill guys - played better.
    What all star numbers, i'm expecting my starting center to box out well and either grab the rebound or help someone else to grab it. We couldn't rebound and that was the main reason we lost the game and is our first priority in every game and falls primarily on the center. Pay attention to the game.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What all star numbers, i'm expecting my starting center to box out well and either grab the rebound or help someone else to grab it. We couldn't rebound and that was the main reason we lost the game and is our first priority in every game and falls primarily on the center. Pay attention to the game.
    Pay attention to the stats. He had more boxouts than Zubac in this game, but somebody needs to grab the ball. Unfortunately there‘s no other big on the floor for rebounding. Spurs are too small. Same problem when Poeltl defends on the perimeter - nobodys capable of helping out for him. And pay attention to what I wrote. He‘s getting paid like a backup, so don‘t expect to get more out of him.

btw: Poeltl had 24 contested shots, Zubac 11

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we score 30 points in the 2nd half and our main issue was rebounds. Ok got it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My biggest discouragement in the past few weeks is seeing just how physically overwhelmed our guys look. I know size isn’t everything in basketball (go ahead with the middle school jokes ) but when our guys can’t get clean passes and good shots consistently, it looks problematic. And on the defensive side, the other team just has to bulldoze our guys over and get good looks at the rim. I don’t know, am I crazy or do our guys look like a highschool team physically against the league’s best? Basketball’s about more than height and strength, but being physically imposing is a key advantage, particularly on defense.
    only people who have never played would disagree with that

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only people who have never played would disagree with that
    Real recognize real. I was a 6’3” center going up against 6’8”-6’10” guys. That wasn’t enjoyable, no matter what fundamental skills and athleticism I possessed...

Thread Information