Page 77 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 2031
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have never had issues with LMA except for his slow starts. He was aligned to be Leonard side kick. Leonard wasn't the demi god until year two of LMA Spurs era. I wouldn't be surprised that The Group was already influencing the Spurs that early. What LMA did in year 3 was amazing. Without Leonard, he carried us. Unfortunately Leonard left and now LMA age has caught him. The first thing to go is your consistency. At his price you expect high quality play every night but he now can't do it. He is sometimes the best big on the court. The next night he has a stinker.
    It's because he doesn't play well with others...if someone else is having a good game,he checks out

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detroit made the trade for drummond to clear salary space. They would not want Rudy gay or demarre Carroll .
    Dunno why they needed salary space? If Drummond opted out (by all accounts he was), same space would be cleared.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunno why they needed salary space? If Drummond opted out (by all accounts he was), same space would be cleared.
    Well they got a 2nd round pick, which is better than nothing. Also, it's possible they were afraid he'd pick his option. He might find it difficult to get a contract even close to the value of the current one and he could bet on himself picking that option. Lots of teams will have cap space in 2021.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamarcus Aldridge is a great player but he hasn't and won't take this team anywhere. As long as Spurs keep Poetl, Aldridge is 100% dispensable.

Also for the garage sale:
    - Rudy Gay and his huge contract
    - Belinelli
    - Carroll
    - Forbes... mmm no, this is going to trash, nobody is paying anything for it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You know I feel like the two people running the Spurs are world's apart and it has a real Jekyll and Hyde feel. I think RC should be in charge of the Spurs full-time and not Pop. RC made some real smart moves while also making some real stupid moves. And I can't differentiate what was an RC move and what is a Pop move. Smart moves were moving on from Anderson, Tony, Dedmon, and Simmons. Even getting rid of Bertans was a smart move bc Pop NEVER played him the way he was supposed to be played.

Gasol was a man of my word signing and I can't hate on them for that, but Forbes needed to be dumped, but Pop won't allow it. Marco should never have been signed. Picking up LMA for his option was a head scratcher. Carroll is such a is up that I don't even know who to blame for it. Drafting nothing but guards and yet playing undrafted guards or has beens over them. The team has no iden y in the front office and it shows. We are being run like the Kings or some tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they would’ve given us Drummond and a 1st for DDR. Since his old coach is there. And yes, that was one of many potential ways to improve the team through trades and make the playoffs
    the point is they didn't have to give up DeRozan to get him. Detroit traded him for garbage. Spurs got plenty of that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Detroit made the trade for drummond to clear salary space. They would not want Rudy gay or demarre Carroll .
    Trey Lyles and Belinelli are 11 million in salary space if that's the case. And that's only if Drummond opts in. Spurs could've gotten it done no doubt about it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll make 28 mil next year.

Against Portland we were -24 off 3pts shots (54-30). What for do we need a '90s center who can't shoot? We already have Poeltl at 1/9 the cost and with much better future.
    Gay, Carroll and Belinelli make the same amount of money. Are any of them good? Nope.

Drummond got an option and his contract ends in the same year Aldridge and DeRozan's contracts end. No risk at all. Expiring contracts are easy to trade, might even get you some value back.

If PATFO really wanted that record they had their chance right then and there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gay, Carroll and Belinelli make the same amount of money. Are any of them good? Nope.

Drummond got an option and his contract ends in the same year Aldridge and DeRozan's contracts end. No risk at all. Expiring contracts are easy to trade, might even get you some value back.

If PATFO really wanted that record they had their chance right then and there.
    Agree. If they are trying to make the playoffs they really suck at it. Lots of missed opportunities

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally any deal would be acceptable...even a 2nd round pick...the one guaranteed thing is that we will NEVER win a ring with these two...why keep it together?ship them out for anything...they don't even wanna be here...LMA openly said he wanted to play for another team... anyone else do that,they get flamed...but he gets a pass?
    For any trades to go down, the numbers need to work so you can't simply trade them for a 2nd round pick. There was no urgency to make a trade anyways since no trade would bring us a championship this year. Nevertheless, LMA is still under contract for another year and would be eligible to be traded in the future. I doubt anyone with cap space would offer DDR a max deal so perhaps a sign & trade would be an option in the off season. Therefore, doing a ty deal now makes no sense and with the Spurs losing ground on the playoffs, I hope Pop loosens the reins on the young guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont get the ting on Lyles here. He's not trash nor is he great. But he's very serviceable.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally any deal would be acceptable...even a 2nd round pick...the one guaranteed thing is that we will NEVER win a ring with these two...why keep it together?ship them out for anything...they don't even wanna be here...LMA openly said he wanted to play for another team... anyone else do that,they get flamed...but he gets a pass?
    He did get flamed for it re . 3 years ago when it happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont get the ting on Lyles here. He's not trash nor is he great. But he's very serviceable.
    Everyone needs a scapegoat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team certainly could have done something. I have seen teams with less flexibility or worse players get something done.

The Spurs don’t have a direction and that’s a problem. They don’t know who they are. Are they rebuilding or competing bc until they decide what they are and how to improve they are stuck with same old same old.

Another thing. Their gambles have been aweful lately. They gambled on being able to sign someone and ended up paying Gasol a horrible deal instead and they also gave away Davis Bertans to sign someone that didn’t pan out. Two horrible gambles. Not their fault in part neither worked out but had they not been averse to trading they wouldn’t have been in situations like this all the time. I think the way they have operated in contention years doesn’t work for what they need to do now. The FO probably needs new people with a different approach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone needs a scapegoat
    That’s the truth! Lyles is pretty damn good when he playing with confidence & assertive!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA demanded a trade after reading further than he ever reached in the postseason because he didn't get enough touches...and he completely folded vs the warriors
    You don't think Uncle was already interfering?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMA demanded a trade after reading further than he ever reached in the postseason because he didn't get enough touches...

That's a lie, of course. The reason LMA wanted to be traded is on the record from Pop, himself, but you wouldn't know anything about that.

Here's the latest Bleacher Report mock draft, if it hasn't been posted yet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...ition.amp.html

They've got Avidja all the way up at #2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s the truth! Lyles is pretty damn good when he playing with confidence & assertive!
    Lyles is an ok backup PF. He shouldn’t be expected to be more than that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a lie, of course. The reason LMA wanted to be traded is on the record from Pop, himself, but you wouldn't know anything about that.

Here's the latest Bleacher Report mock draft, if it hasn't been posted yet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndica...ition.amp.html

They've got Avidja all the way up at #2.
    Really hope Deni goes pretty high. Definitely don’t want the spurs to get him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is he a upgrade over Rudy or Lyles??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moot issue. He isn't coming to a non-contending, dysfunctional Spurs team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moot issue. He isn't coming to a non-contending, dysfunctional Spurs team.
    Good point

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our team isn't trash, Our rotations are. An that falls on our G.O.A.T Coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes but he is going to a contender to ring chase most likely

Thread Information