Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is it going to take for you to give Forbes an F?

Bryn Forbes

Forbes had a second straight really bad outing. He was laughably terrible on defense and he didn’t help at all on the offense. Forbes spent most of his minutes getting cooked on both ends by Facu Campazzo, a 5-foot-5 Argentine.
    he’s the only one with deep playoff experience. Hard to quantify how much that impacts our team. That alone means he will never get an F. Bc even if he has a bad game he is there to pick not only himself up but his teammates too. I bet he was the first person consoling DJ after his ty play

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "I liked that he once again pulled the plug on Forbes."

So you also liked that he put Forbes in to begin with while stiffing Primo, Jones and any other person at the Community College level or above whether in the NBA or not.

Lets get those sinuses cleared up.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If yall thought Poodle struggled with Joker, wait until he sees the Greek freak lol

Honestly he's better against Giannis, Jokiac is just bigger and stronger than Poetl and has enough athletic ability to bully poetel a little, Giannis isn't as prone to push him around and lean on him wearing him out. Poetl is long enough to bother the Greek freak a bit and fast enough to keep up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly he's better against Giannis, Jokiac is just bigger and stronger than Poetl and has enough athletic ability to bully poetel a little, Giannis isn't as prone to push him around and lean on him wearing him out. Poetl is long enough to bother the Greek freak a bit and fast enough to keep up.
    hold up hold up. Who's better than giannis??? Poodle or Jokic??? lol.. Giannis isn't strong???? Poodle couldn't stop Jokic off the dribble and he's big and slow as . And you want us to believe the Greek freak is slower?????

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eubanks is a 3rd string center and plays like it. It was mentioned he didn't do much on offense or defense. Most 3rd string centers don't. He is going to be in over his head anytime we aren't playing a bottom feeding team.

Every time Pop plays Forbes and McDermott together his grade should never be higher than a B and that is being generous.

People talk about Dejounte "running the offense". Would have thought by now people understood that's not what his job is. What does that even mean anyway?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team more often than not will come up short with Murray playing hero ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thad is just not a great fit. He may have looked disinterested in the game, but I watched him warm up, and he spent more time on the court than just about anyone else, practicing shots and working with the coaches. I think the Spurs just need to find a way to trade him as soon as they can. He’s not going to help us and he’s killing his value every time he hits the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two big shots late in the 4th might have tipped it when the Spurs were on the brink of the lead: a McDermott three from the corner and a Vassell three from the top of the key. Neither went down. Nuggets went on a run and the SAS didn't get it back.

It's evident this team will compete. White is terrific on defense. This team needs consistent bench production. The different looks, like the zone, are fascinating. Pop is trying things out. This is the sort of game that will teach the players how to grind and get things working down the stretch. This Denver team has been deep in the playoffs several times.

near awake, semi-coherent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hold up hold up. Who's better than giannis??? Poodle or Jokic??? lol.. Giannis isn't strong???? Poodle couldn't stop Jokic off the dribble and he's big and slow as . And you want us to believe the Greek freak is slower?????
    No Jakob does better against Giannis than Jokiac, he is not as inclined to bully Poetel and more inclined to use speed Which is better for Poetl. The word was against, not than. Jokic for the second half wasn't using a face up game against Jakob, he was backing him down.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he’s the only one with deep playoff experience. Hard to quantify how much that impacts our team. That alone means he will never get an F. Bc even if he has a bad game he is there to pick not only himself up but his teammates too. I bet he was the first person consoling DJ after his ty play
    The is this fan fiction ?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop needs to play Jock instead if Eubanks. Jock can shoot the 3 and is a way better passer than Drew. The team really struggled to create open 3 point shots. I’d like to see some plays run for McDermott to get him going early.
    Keldon has really worked on his in between game and looked great.

Murray needs to shoot the 3 better and is still playing out if control. If White and Murray can’t average 20 with that increase in usage that’s an issue. White was great defensively, Murray gambled too much.

Forbes seems to be useless in this drive and kick offense, I‘d rather see Primo out there.

Thad Young just looked not interested in playing here, he was terrible. On his first action he immediately sagged off of Jokic and gave up a wide open 3. That’s beyond stupid.

Pop should’ve kept some time outs for the end of the game. I have no clue why he didn’t.

All in all this was a good game, considering the Spurs were really sloppy with the basketball, but Denver pretty much controlled the game
    I also hope to see a bit more of Landale. Tonight shows that we are really lacking in length. When Nuggets players attack the rim they go for jams. When our guys attack the rims they go for outstretch/rushed layup. Our line up mainly consist of 6-5 players theirs 6-8. Also despite more mins DW actually shoots less (or ard the same) and assist more as compared to last year. He basically alceded usage to other players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Landale is going to be excellent for this team, I feel. Just need to get him into the rotation once he's ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the bench was more productive Spurs win.
    Lonnie needs to score.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forbes with a generous D!

... He shoulda got an F!
    Eh, grades are based off of expectations. I expect Forbes to be pretty damn bad, tbh.

Plus, an F for 8 minutes played would be harsh. Fs are better save for a player who massively underperforms in a somewhat important role, IMO.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have no closer, we would lose a lot of this kind of games. Looks like we would be compe ive but still lose , a lot like the Pistons last year well coached team but no offensive talent to close games.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, grades are based off of expectations. I expect Forbes to be pretty damn bad, tbh.

Plus, an F for 8 minutes played would be harsh. Fs are better save for a player who massively underperforms in a somewhat important role, IMO.
    Forbes can do much worse than D.
    So its best to leave the F- for a really awful performance that is around the corner.
    I acknowledge the author's grades as carefully considered in the case of Forbes and fair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone here ting on Forbes needs to bring that same energy to Lonnie bc he’s the reason why we signed Forbes. Lonnies ty “I play hard every 3 games” shtick is getting really old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good showing overall. Joker just closed them out just like great players do. The last jump shot is unguardable.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also hope to see a bit more of Landale. Tonight shows that we are really lacking in length. When Nuggets players attack the rim they go for jams. When our guys attack the rims they go for outstretch/rushed layup. Our line up mainly consist of 6-5 players theirs 6-8. Also despite more mins DW actually shoots less (or ard the same) and assist more as compared to last year. He basically alceded usage to other players.
    The reality is that Spurs are undersized as compared to the elite teams in this league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team needs a true back up big. A backup big needs to do at least 1 of 3 things. Protect the paint like Dwight Howard or javale mcgee, space the floor like Dario saric and Kelly olynyk, or be crazy athletic and be an energy big like montrezl Harrell. Drew Eubanks isn't any of those things.
    shouldve tried to get a real defensive big who isnt afraid to be of posters...that Allen centre from cleveland would be nice...he can come off the bench but logging starters minutes given the matchups that night

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl has always struggled defending dominant post up bigs. Him getting in foul trouble after 3 minutes is a given. Can you actually bet on that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with everything but Forbes not getting an F, he did absolutely nothing and was the 6th man on the floor for the other team.

Milwaukee was thrilled to give this guy back to us, I wouldn't doubt that they had a party the night he left lol
    Last edited by Chomag; 10-23-2021 at 05:05 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thing is: you go get yourself a massive big who isn't getting pushed around, you spend as muc time complaining about him not being able to close out or getting blown by anyone on crutches. gotta pick your poison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Hold my beer"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team needs a true back up big. A backup big needs to do at least 1 of 3 things. Protect the paint like Dwight Howard or javale mcgee, space the floor like Dario saric and Kelly olynyk, or be crazy athletic and be an energy big like montrezl Harrell. Drew Eubanks isn't any of those things.
    We have that player. Pop just doesn’t want to play him because Eubanks is a vet and Landale a rookie

Thread Information