Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because DJ has been getting us to the playoffs right....seriously a NY team with DJ isn't making the playoffs...
    They might make the playoffs, they might not. But they won't be bad enough to give us the number one pick. That's for sure.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might make the playoffs, they might not. But they won't be bad enough to give us the number one pick. That's for sure.
    If they're in the lottery they increase our odds but what increases the odds the most is our own pick if we trade DJ/Jak..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Change of plans from Tony Parker: He wants to build Asvel Villeurbanne around Victor Wembanyama. The French champion offers him to be the centrepiece of his project if he decides to continue next season. The player has an offer from Paris Basketball. According to @Eurohoopsnet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Change of plans from Tony Parker: He wants to build Asvel Villeurbanne around Victor Wembanyama. The French champion offers him to be the centrepiece of his project if he decides to continue next season. The player has an offer from Paris Basketball. According to @Eurohoopsnet
    I don't know how the whole draft thing works with international players, but if Victor doesn't make himself elegible for the draft, then, in upcoming years, any team could sign him as a free agent, right?

Maybe Tony could do us a solid, lock him in France for a couple of years and then we can sign him outright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know how the whole draft thing works with international players, but if Victor doesn't make himself elegible for the draft, then, in upcoming years, any team could sign him as a free agent, right?

Maybe Tony could do us a solid, lock him in France for a couple of years and then we can sign him outright.
    Don't know if it has changed but If a player does not declare, in the calendar year when he turns 22, he is declared automatically eligible (i.e. he's able to be drafted whether the player himself desires to be in the NBA draft or not) and any NBA team can draft him.

Not that it would happen anyway. barring injury he's #1 pick next year. No point spending3 or 4 years in Europe playing against weaker oppostions (no offense) re ing your development in NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I hope he can help us get him. Can't he stay in France until he's too old for the draft and then sign with us?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my god, the very apotheosis of the game of basketball > WENBANYAMA................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.lequipe.fr/Basket/Actual...-asvel/1340917

Victor Wembanyama has announced he decided to leave ASVEL. He wants to get closer to Paris. Could be Paris Basketball or Metropolitains 92 (coached by Collet). G League Ignite could be an option as well.

Once again, tank hard next season and draft Victor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the Tanking has Just Started - We got two picks in 2023 our and Charlottes/Atlanta - Who knows maybe we can flip Jakob to get one more pick in 2023

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    timvp pin this thread, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the Tanking has Just Started - We got two picks in 2023 our and Charlottes/Atlanta - Who knows maybe we can flip Jakob to get one more pick in 2023
    We shouldn't have any problem getting a first for him. Maybe even a FRP and SRP.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that is my thoughts also I am all ready checking out 2023 mocks and a couple of cats have caught my eye - I know everyone is talking about W.................... but there are two or three guys I would be very happy in getting

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that is my thoughts also I am all ready checking out 2023 mocks and a couple of cats have caught my eye - I know everyone is talking about W.................... but there are two or three guys I would be very happy in getting

the spurs clearly think so

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The DJ trade will be easier to stomach if this team really is committed to tanking but I’m not convinced they are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Way too early obviously, but the 2023 draft appears to be significantly stronger than this year's. Wembanyama and Henderson are true tier 1 prospects, there are also Whitehead, Lively, Smith, Thompson brothers who'd all have a claim to be better than anyone from the 2022 draft. Of course some of them will disappoint, perhaps someone else rises, but there's little question about the draft being the best in years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The DJ trade will be easier to stomach if this team really is committed to tanking but I’m not convinced they are.
    I think they are but, that is the next big question to be answered for sure..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would ST explode if the Spurs get ard 9th lottery pick again? Look at the line up Jones/JRich/Vassell/KJ/Poeltl and Primo/Lonnie or Branham/McD/Sochan/Zollins. We might end up in a similar position as last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would ST explode if the Spurs get ard 9th lottery pick again? Look at the line up Jones/JRich/Vassell/KJ/Poeltl and Primo/Lonnie or Branham/McD/Sochan/Zollins. We might end up in a similar position as last year.
    without Poeltl extra? No way

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad we are finally tanking. No shame in it. And smart to do it in July and not "try" to make the play in for 3-4 months and then tank. We can't do that and keep up with the expert tankers. We have to start taking from the minute the preseason starts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    absolutely. Spurs need to be in the bottom 3, best case scenario is they the worst team in the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #1*

Thread Information