Page 25 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the humidity, wind speed and direction?
    Also pollen count would be nice on your updates
    LOL old people

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, how old was the person that printed the article, genius? 12?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here’s another one from that genius where he clearly did no research to learn that the Pacific Garbage Patch isn’t a huge floating pile of used diapers & pizza boxes, it’s millions of plastic bits in the water. Real winner picked by Snacks.

".. The CO2 Coalition has received more than $1 million from foundations that support conservative causes and from officials in the energy industry, according to tax records obtained by the Climate Investigations Center.

The largest donation — $170,000 — came from the Mercer Family Foundation, a top donor to President Trump. The Mercers have also contributed more than $7 million to the Heartland Ins ute, which attacks climate science.

The Charles Koch Ins ute provided $33,283 to the CO2 Coalition, while the Wisconsin-based Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation donated $50,000. The Sarah Scaife Foundation contributed $135,000, and the Florida-based Thomas W. Smith Foundation gave $75,000. EOG Resources Inc., an oil and gas company spun off from Enron Corp., gave $5,000. The Randolph Foundation in New York provided $40,000.

None of those foundations responded to requests for comment.....

https://www.science.org/content/arti...touting-carbon

His Twitter page:

Patrick Moore
    @EcoSenseNow
    BSc Biology PhD Ecology, Greenpeace co-founder, Now a Sensible Environmentalist. Director http://co2coalition.org. Science & logic, not sensation & fear. CelebrateCO2!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does it stop at 2011? And there's at least a 2F increase in there. Also, why use Fahrenheit when Celsius will give you a more concise view?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your troll timing is way off. Too obvious. You should have this by now after all this troll time.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, how old was the person that printed the article, genius? 12?
    Because the writer is the one doing all the polluting obviously. Is that your angle?

Here's a nice wall of text for you to not read.

Kindergarten version: People were polluting the Earth in the 1920's.

From the January 1925 issue of Science and Invention:

Too many people nowadays are prone to settle themselves back in their chairs and congratulate themselves about the wonderful age in which we are living. With railroads, airships, radio and other "marvelous" activities abounding around us, it is easy to lull oneself into the belief that surely the millenium has arrived and that the world will never look rosier than it does now.

As a matter of fact, 300 years hence this present age of ours will probably be termed "the dark age of science." This is not merely a catch phrase used by the writer, but he means it in all sincerity, and what is more, he can easily prove it.

Nowadays it makes us laugh when we think of how people in England and other parts of the world some five hundred years ago [lived] on top of coal mines and froze to death. They simply did not know that coal would burn and that it could be made to heat houses and otherwise perform tremendous work. While we laugh, you should soberly consider that we are doing the self same thing ourselves today. All about us there is untold quan ies of energy, much cheaper, much better, more sanitary than coal, but we simply have not learned how to use it because we do not know. Every piece of rock, every car full of sand has a potential dormant power locked up within it. We may call this power atomic or by any other name, but the fact remains that we do not use it because we do not know how.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, ing about the heat in the desert in the summertime.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, ing about the heat in the desert in the summertime.
    No, he's asking for things readily available to functioning humans in 2022... he also thought that was funny in 2022...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid rebuttal. You're still Googling the graphs to see if they are real. Next to try to understand them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, he's asking for things readily available to functioning humans in 2022... he also thought that was funny in 2022...
    He's saying if you're going to report the temp daily (things available to everyone here without daily updates) then you might as well give the entire report. You know this already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the writer is the one doing all the polluting obviously. Is that your angle?
    12 year olds were doing all the polluting? It's that yours?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid rebuttal. You're still Googling the graphs to see if they are real. Next to try to understand them.
    He's trolling. Lol you're a moron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's saying if you're going to report the temp daily (things available to everyone here without daily updates) then you might as well give the entire report. You know this already.
    BB wasn't merely reporting the temp, he's highlighting the fact this run of temps are in the process of setting a new record if they haven't already.

That was crystal clear since his first post, but apparently that got some posters here upset, tbh. Adding terrible comedy on top isn't really a way to save face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BB wasn't merely reporting the temp, he's highlighting the fact this run of temps are in the process of setting a new record if they haven't already.

That was crystal clear since his first post, but apparently that got some posters here upset, tbh. Adding terrible comedy on top isn't really a way to save face.
    The CO2 levels climbed above historical values around 1950. The boomers were born in 1946 through whatever year. Did the 4 year old boomers cause this? Greatest generation tbh. Woop.

Don't talk about terrible comedy. You all pile in with likes if someone on your sides farts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The CO2 levels climbed above historical values around 1950. The boomers were born in 1946 through whatever year. Did the 4 year old boomers cause this? Greatest generation tbh. Woop.
    Why are you trying to change the subject? I said zero about boomers. Was BB merely reporting the temp or was he highlighting the fact this run of temps are in the process of setting a new record if they haven't already?

Hint: If you're going to try to change the subject, give it a little more thought. ie: did all boomers die when they were 4 years old? This is a terrible argument in and of itself, I know you can do better.

Don't talk about terrible comedy. You all pile in with likes if someone on your sides farts.
    This is entirely related to the fact that dunking on stupid posts is the easiest thing to do. You probably wouldn't see this phenomenon if stupid posts weren't made in the first place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aww, DMC jealous because his comedy routine only gets likes from tats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aww, DMC jealous because his comedy routine only gets likes from tats
    You'd know about jealousy. I have to take your word on it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why are you trying to change the subject? I said zero about boomers. Was BB merely reporting the temp or was he highlighting the fact this run of temps are in the process of setting a new record if they haven't already?

Hint: If you're going to try to change the subject, give it a little more thought. ie: did all boomers die when they were 4 years old? This is a terrible argument in and of itself, I know you can do better.
    You're being obtuse. I won't bite.
    This is entirely related to the fact that dunking on stupid posts is the easiest thing to do. You probably wouldn't see this phenomenon if stupid posts weren't made in the first place.
    Nah, you folks pile on the likes for the same meme 100 times in a row. The bar is pretty damn low.

Is "lol old people" hilarious?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Main thing is it has been steadily getting hotter here for 25 years. 1998 was this horrendous summer for the time, worst in 50 years, and now nearly one out of every four years were have a summer at least as bad as 1998. Wondering if in 25 years we'll be having summers as bad as or worse than this horrible one every four years on average and if San Antonio residents will be looking at 2022 as the summer that wasn't so bad any more by the standards of 25 years from now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You continue to not recognize the difference between individual action and public policy. You seem to think public policy happens when all the individuals coincidentally decide to do something at the same time

it’s your mo

You might respond saying “nuh uh that’s not what I’m saying” but it’s the logical conclusion of your commentary
    Do you exercise? If so, is that solving the national obesity problem? Ok then, put up or shut up. You remind me of Christians who use the excuse "I'm not perfect" when they're snorting a line off a hooker's ass at 2am and have to leave because church starts at 7 and they want you to feel bad because you're staying.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL old people who say LOL old people

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you exercise? If so, is that solving the national obesity problem? Ok then, put up or shut up. You remind me of Christians who use the excuse "I'm not perfect" when they're snorting a line off a hooker's ass at 2am and have to leave because church starts at 7 and they want you to feel bad because you're staying.
    it took you 23 hours to think up this response.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Main thing is it has been steadily getting hotter here for 25 years. 1998 was this horrendous summer for the time, worst in 50 years, and now nearly one out of every four years were have a summer at least as bad as 1998. Wondering if in 25 years we'll be having summers as bad as or worse than this horrible one every four years on average and if San Antonio residents will be looking at 2022 as the summer that wasn't so bad any more by the standards of 25 years from now.
    Wondering if in 25 years you will be saying I told 'em in 2022

Thread Information