Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Astros still in choke mode. Their batters all look timid and shook at the plate.
    The Astros are playing how I thought the Yankees would, coming out of their shoes trying to blast everything. Springer and Red have just been awful. Yankees are going with pitches and putting the ball play.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The Astros are playing how I thought the Yankees would, coming out of their shoes trying to blast everything. Springer and Red have just been awful. Yankees are going with pitches and putting the ball play.
    I'll preface this by giving the Yankees credit for being a legit, really good club. But so much of sports is mental and I think the Yankees have had the mental edge in both series so far. Unlike the Indians and Astros they aren't expected to win and don't have to win- just making the playoffs was considered a big accomplishment for them. So they can play free and easy because they aren't under that pressure. They were obviously a lot looser and more relaxed than the Indians were and I think the same can be said for this series as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll preface this by giving the Yankees credit for being a legit, really good club. But so much of sports is mental and I think the Yankees have had the mental edge in both series so far. Unlike the Indians and Astros they aren't expected to win and don't have to win- just making the playoffs was considered a big accomplishment for them. So they can play free and easy because they aren't under that pressure. They were obviously a lot looser and more relaxed than the Indians were and I think the same can be said for this series as well.
    Definitely. That's why playoff baseball is unpredictable, since the mental pressure is so straining and you can't simply "athlete" your way to success by playing harder, faster, etc. Astros were doing the latter, as were the Indians after game 2.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    When my Expos come back, I kind of hope they never win 100+ games in a season. Just way too much pressure in the playoffs.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    When my Expos come back, I kind of hope they never win 100+ games in a season. Just way too much pressure in the playoffs.
    See I know you're being a smartass, but the reality is some players and teams can't handle the weight of expectations. Some can, some can't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmfao the umps

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yay, no sweep.

Go Lakers/Giants/Yankees David Stern's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dodgers are the 2015 Carolina Panthers/2013 Denver Broncos of baseball this season. Having everything go their way and not facing any real adversity. The Yankees, on the other hand, entered the playoffs as a wildcard team and trailed 3-0 to start that game, went down 0-2 to a really good Indians team and prevailed, and went down 0-2 to the Astros and are on the verge of winning this series. They've played tougher teams and had a tougher road. I love their chances better than the Dodgers because they are more battle tested. The Dodgers will crumble when real adversity smacks them across the face while the Yankees know how to presevere through it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing NY/LA WS

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    See I know you're being a smartass, but the reality is some players and teams can't handle the weight of expectations. Some can, some can't.
    I'm actually serious. The MLB playoffs are statistically a total crapshoot:

https://www.principallyuncertain.com...ffs-crapshoot/

Knowing that, you're way better off being the underdog and playing loose. Psychologically, it must be easier to deal with the randomness of the playoffs when you don't have the weight of expectations.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I'm actually serious. The MLB playoffs are statistically a total crapshoot:

https://www.principallyuncertain.com...ffs-crapshoot/

Knowing that, you're way better off being the underdog and playing loose. Psychologically, it must be easier to deal with the randomness of the playoffs when you don't have the weight of expectations.
    Seems to be the case with the Indians. There's no doubt in my mind they played much better baseball in last year's playoffs when they weren't even expected to get by Boston in the division series. Then again, some teams have no problems dealing with being the favorite. It never seemed to bother the late '90s Yankees.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kershaw tonight. 3-2 headed back to LA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kershaw tonight. 3-2 headed back to LA
    It'd be nice to at least make em sweat a little. They've just breezed through the playoffs so far.

But, it's easier said then done. We still can't convert RISP. Bryzzo is still missing. Bullpen is in shambles, even more so now with Davis being out tonight.

The only way I see us winning is if Quintana pitches a CG Shutout, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's prolly game right there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As good a time as any to implement a mercy rule, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn Cubs, at least have some pride.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hasta la vista overrated phucks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dodgers are going Spurs 2014 on the cubs. Still nervous though. I can't ever forget that 8 run 7th inning the cards had in the 2014 alds.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Congrats on your Dodgers winning the NL le, midnightpulp!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Will Seager be back for the WS?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats on your Dodgers winning the NL le, midnightpulp!
    Thanks, brother Finally did it.

baseline bum Venti Quattro Mugen IronMexican get in here!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thanks, brother Finally did it.

baselinebum ventiquattro Mugen get in here!
    Your Raiders won the game of the year too, and the Lakers are getting killed...might be the best sports day you can remember

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will Seager be back for the WS?
    I believe so. Team really gelled, though, so I kind of like riding with Culberson at SS and have Seager at DH. Seager probably still isn't 100% and hasn't looked good for a month.

Ina world of hype, we win IronMexican's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tbh I've been keeping up throughout the year on 570 but I lost so much of my Dodger love once they signed that TV contract. Sameness for the Lakers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh I've been keeping up throughout the year on 570 but I lost so much of my Dodger love once they signed that TV contract. Sameness for the Lakers.
    My dad lost the love after that contract as well. It sucks, but all the pro teams do it, unfortunately.

Thread Information