Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Best tight end in the NFL.

Kelce is the runner up but he wouldn't have scored there, likely would have been stopped around the 10. Kittle has legit WR speed.

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    So the strategy for the Packers defense is to not defend the best receiver (TE) on the 49ers' roster. Got it. The Packers are screwed.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I love the 49ers this year. Always fun to watch GB lose.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Packers getting all the calls

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Hey Robz4000 I'm sorry about what I said earlier I just wanted to take out today's ending on someone. I didn't mean what I said

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Packers getting all the calls
    And they're still going to lose. Haha.

49ers have been just such a well composed team all season long. I'd be happy if they won the championship this year, tbh. As long as it's not New England.

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    This game went how a expected to go tbh. On to the next one.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Hey Robz4000 I'm sorry about what I said earlier I just wanted to take out today's ending on someone. I didn't mean what I said
    this happens every week with you so it's all good

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    49ers are a fun team to watch. Glad 49ers/Seahawks rivalry is back, looks like the golden age all over again.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    this happens every week with you so it's all good
    like, it's 10pm, I'm still upset about the way that game ended but it is what it is at this point, and I'm happy about how the night game went, so I'm definitely not skipping work or anything lol.

Cowboys are still gonna win that division, pretty much a guaranteed playoff birth because have you seen how bad the Eagles offense has been? so the team, with a lot of free agents to be including the QB1, HC, WR1 and CB1, will be ultimately judged on how they do in the playoffs.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    bet you Malcolm Jenkins would start a riot at the "Turkey Bowl"... vegan got tbh

36/7/7
    My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    A lot of people will call GB frauds but I disagree. Practically every NFC playoff team except Minnesota and SF are overrated. No elite teams

Belichick mind ing The Bot on that back-to-back punting penalty sequence was hilarious. First, they run the strange formation where nobody was back to receive it....Bot gets confused and just takes a delay of game. Then the Pats do it again and the Cowboys clumsily rush their gunners in to block but get an illegal shift and march it back another five yards.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    A lot of people will call GB frauds but I disagree. Practically every NFC playoff team except Minnesota and SF are overrated. No elite teams
    but if you think Minnesota is good, then GB is a pretender... there can only be one from the given division

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    problem for minnesota is if they lose in seattle next week almost impossible to win the division even if they beat the packers Week 16.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'm doin it

2012 vs 2019
    49ers

Who you got...

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    I'm doin it

2012 vs 2019
    49ers

Who you got...
    2012 Niners only due to experience and Frank Gore. This current Niner team will be even better next year.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    2012 Niners only due to experience and Frank Gore. This current Niner team will be even better next year.
    that niners D's front was a lot more physical too. willis/bowman/brooks playing behind animals like justin/aldon smith.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    that niners D's front was a lot more physical too. willis/bowman/brooks playing behind animals like justin/aldon smith.
    God I miss Navarro Bowman. He's the leader this defense is missing.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    God I miss Navarro Bowman. He's the leader this defense is missing.
    chris borland coulda been that guy tbh

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Yah on second thought I think it kinda isn't even close. Those 3-straight NFC le Game Niners are underrated in historical sense. Almost very much so. But that is what occurs with average QB play.

How many offensive players from 2019 start on the 2011 or 2012 team? Jimmy obviously but Kittle isn't an enormous upgrade over Vernon & Walker. Even at FB Miller was pro bowl caliber.

Defensively as spurraiderer mentioned the physicality - Whitner. I haven't watched enough 49er games recently to fully comment but seems Donte, Goldson and Rogers are tough to beat in comparison. But that secondary was over-powered against the run and struggled against Eli and Flacco.

In hindsight how ironic that the team that actually broke thru into the SB was the weakest W-L at 11-5-1

Maybe underrated edge - Shanahan over Harbaugh? Kyle seems far more innovative while Jim was focused on installing an at ude & confidence

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    imo the 2011 niners would have also beaten the patriots if ted ginn didnt get hurt, leading to 2 kyle williams muffs/fumbles

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    chris borland coulda been that guy tbh
    What could've been.

My Team
    New York Giants
    Post Count
    Dline is better now whereas the LB's were better in 2012. Niners Dline has more sacks now, collectively, than the 12' Dline had in the entire season. This years D also already has more sacks (39) than the entire 12' team had over the full season (38.) Shanahan > Harbaugh. RBBC > Gore. Kittle > VD. Jimmy > Kunta Kinte. 12' Oline > 19'. 19' Secondary (11 picks so far) > 12' (14 total). Defensive scheme is better this year, too. Niners usually rush 4 and drop everyone else back. In 12' it was a 3-4 and functioned a lot differently. Finally, the 19' team has already forced more fumbles (16) than the 12' team did (14.)

So yeah, on paper and the eye test I think this year is better. However, the NFC is much stronger this season and the Niners may not even win a playoff game, much less make the SB. Also, running Qbs are their kryptonite. Be very interesting to see if Saleh has learned anything from Kyler Murray and, to a lesser extent, RW running all over the place against them. They play the Ravens next week. Lamar reminds me a lot of Kraep, and even has Greg Roman as his OC. Roman was also the OC in 12'. I expect Lamar to crash and burn in the same way as BLM did as his career goes on.

Edit: Roman was the Niner OC in 12'.

Thread Information