Page 758 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 2586587087487547557567577587597607617627688088581258 ... LastLast
Results 18,926 to 18,950 of 40782
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fmr FDA Chief Gottlieb:

‘We’re Right Back Where We Were at the Peak of the Epidemic’

During NY Outbreak

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fmr-fda-chief-gottlieb-were-right-back-where-we-were-at-the-peak-of-the-epidemic-during-ny-outbreak/

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...sed-by-covid19

https://www.advisory.com/daily-brief...7/organ-damage

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...d-19-infection

And I read a bunch of others that are not in the above and much better.

Also, just having to go ICU and the type of stuff they have to do save your life can be detrimental long term.
    ICU effect or something like that.
    It is disconcerting for me right now, I just hoped people would pop back to perfectly healthy.
    Also there are a bunch of problems being caused by the extensive blood clotting. Some of the above might be the reason.
    Good aspect that comes out of this is diagnostic. One example, there might be some really strange WBC's not seen in other diseases caused by this virus. If so, a simple blood test pre dive in oxygen levels would be great for people without "visible" symptoms.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got a link for that? Everything I’ve seen says we don’t know, but have seen lung damage repair
    check damage from severe lupus, systemic damage also done by the immune system, where HCQ and corticosteroids are used to restrain the immune from inflaming the entire body.

brain, nervous system (one survivor couldn't feel her feet from than ankles down), kidneys, heart, thyroid, lungs

A wide variety of damage and symptoms, unpredictable who gets what and how much damage

but hey y'all, them masks, 99% of C19 people get nuthin' at all, and we're ownin' the libs.

America, yeah!

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavir...pickerSort=asc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coughs in *Spain*

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm guessing severe C19 survivors will die several years early

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Permanent organ damage has been do ented and corroborated time after time. We're in June and this is still in question?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people keep citing new, younger infections as evidence of a declining death rate as if infections in the last 2 weeks are reflected in today's death count? Those deaths won't happen until an average of 25 days have passed. If you count back 25 days then you'll see we were around our lowest daily infections of the pandemic and the low death count now reflects that.

Yes, treatments have improved, but those deaths will predictably rise as the 25 day average passes and hospitals fill up due to the incredible amount of infections we're beginning to now see. We might even go well past 2k a day again if we start hitting 100k infections a day in a couple of weeks.
    Lol wrong. New deaths don't occur the day the person dies. Your logic is terrible. You are arguing both sides.

But sure. 2 more weeks. Lol just like when you had it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If so, a simple blood test pre dive in oxygen levels would be great for people without "visible" symptoms.
    a cheap oximeter is good enough to show oxygen levels.

There have been people without severe symptoms arriving at ER with O2 in the 70s, essentially drowning. Obviously damage to brain if not corrected quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think too many young ppl got infected tbis round so not too many deaths

But when this young ppl show that tbey infected grandma in a couple weeks then younwill see carcasses pile up
    Upfront? Yes. There will be less deaths if they're younger and treatments are getting better.

But these younger infections have only been going up the last 2 weeks. Average lag time between infections and death is 25 days. Go to the daily deaths and count back 25 days and you'll see it lines up with the lowest daily infections we've had yet.

Also, some hospitals are finally being overwhelmed while infections are only going up. We'll hit 60k a day soon and might hit 100k a day in a few weeks. Death rates will go up no matter what if that happens especially when these younger people inevitably infect the vulnerable.

In other words, give it a week for the rate to climb again. Give it a month and we might be back on track for 1-3k a day just in time for flu season.
    Last edited by TimDunkem; 07-05-2020 at 01:11 PM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a cheap oximeter is good enough to show oxygen levels.

There have been people without severe symptoms arriving at ER with O2 in the 70s, essentially drowning. Obviously damage to brain if not corrected quickly.
    Sure.

But if the WBCs were to show up before this, you would not have to wait for your O2 levels to fall to know to be alert or even go in.
    It would be nice to get way out ahead of it.

Check that. It would be nice to get way out ahead of it in a place that would take you in and could actually take care of you properly.
    Our health care is a mess despite the valiant work done by those in medicine. These upcoming bills will be stunning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bubonic plague has just spread to china

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people keep citing new, younger infections as evidence of a declining death rate as if infections in the last 2 weeks are reflected in today's death count? Those deaths won't happen until an average of 25 days have passed. If you count back 25 days then you'll see we were around our lowest daily infections of the pandemic and the low death count now reflects that.

Yes, treatments have improved, but those deaths will predictably rise as the 25 day average passes and hospitals fill up due to the incredible amount of infections we're beginning to now see. We might even go well past 2k a day again if we start hitting 100k infections a day in a couple of weeks.
    Plus the issue isn't necessarily isolated to COVID deaths. If you have an ICU overflowing with patients and you get a guy with a hearth attack or serious car accident, you're gonna have to start making decisions who needs the ICU more...

This is why the re s that continue saying "but but covid ifr!" or "healthy people don't die from this!" don't understand the problem at all.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus the issue isn't necessarily isolated to COVID deaths. If you have an ICU overflowing with patients and you get a guy with a hearth attack or serious car accident, you're gonna have to start making decisions who needs the ICU more...

This is why the re s that continue saying "but but covid ifr!" or "healthy people don't die from this!" don't understand the problem at all.
    Sure they understand it. You dont. No hospital has been overwhelmed. Ifr less than flu. About sums it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ talking about liars... don't you have another 2 month 'vacation' coming up, mr 10k deaths? lmao

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^ talking about liars... don't you have another 2 month 'vacation' coming up, mr 10k deaths? lmao
    thldren

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    List the hospitals that were overwhelmed.

Now list the people who died during the lockdown and furlough fiasco

Ifr less than flu. Math is good

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some San Antonio hospitals using pediatric ICU for adults due to hospitals reaching capacity
    Dr. Ruth Berggren, an infectious disease expert, discusses how some local hospitals are making more room for patients

“We are trying to use the brick and mortar hospitals that we have as the places to care for people, but it’s requiring that we do things like use pediatric intensive care units for adults, use post surgical care areas as ICU’s and use rehabilitation wards for regular patients to make more room for the COVID(-19) patients,” she said.

“This week we did run out of the drug remdesivir for a while. We’re getting more but we did run out. And that will happen again unless we keep our numbers down,” she said.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...hing-capacity/

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some San Antonio hospitals using pediatric ICU for adults due to hospitals reaching capacity
    Dr. Ruth Berggren, an infectious disease expert, discusses how some local hospitals are making more room for patients

“We are trying to use the brick and mortar hospitals that we have as the places to care for people, but it’s requiring that we do things like use pediatric intensive care units for adults, use post surgical care areas as ICU’s and use rehabilitation wards for regular patients to make more room for the COVID(-19) patients,” she said.

“This week we did run out of the drug remdesivir for a while. We’re getting more but we did run out. And that will happen again unless we keep our numbers down,” she said.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...hing-capacity/
    So 0.

All you had to say

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coronavirus on track to overwhelm Houston hospitals in two weeks, mayor says

Hospitals in Houston, Texas are on track to be overwhelmed in approximately two weeks as coronavirus cases mount, Mayor Sylvester Turner said on Sunday.

“The number of people who are getting sick and going to the hospitals has exponentially increased. The number of people in our ICU beds has exponentially increased,” Turner said on CBS’s “Face The Nation.” “In fact, if we don’t get our hands around this virus quickly, in about two weeks our hospital system could be in serious, serious trouble.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/05/coro...ayor-says.html

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coronavirus on track to overwhelm Houston hospitals in two weeks, mayor says

Hospitals in Houston, Texas are on track to be overwhelmed in approximately two weeks as coronavirus cases mount, Mayor Sylvester Turner said on Sunday.

“The number of people who are getting sick and going to the hospitals has exponentially increased. The number of people in our ICU beds has exponentially increased,” Turner said on CBS’s “Face The Nation.” “In fact, if we don’t get our hands around this virus quickly, in about two weeks our hospital system could be in serious, serious trouble.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/05/coro...ayor-says.html
    so still 0. Great work

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Late March, New York:

New York City’s coronavirus outbreak is already overwhelming hospitals

In the US, the focus of the coronavirus outbreak last week shifted from the West Coast to New York City. As of 30 March, the city of 8.6 million people had 38,087 confirmed cases, which account for more than a quarter of cases in the US, and 914 people had died of covid-19.

In one 24-hour period last week, 2000 people were hospitalised in the city. Most of the positive covid-19 test results have been clustered in the boroughs of Queens and Brooklyn.

At a press conference on 25 March, New York City mayor Bill de Blasio said these are “numbers I can barely even comprehend… number[s] that would have been unimaginable just a couple of weeks ago”.

In Queens, hospitals and emergency rooms have been flooded with critically ill covid-19 patients struggling to breathe. “It’s inconceivable. Everything we know about medicine is out the window,” says Lisa Epstein, a nurse at New York-Presbyterian Queens, who is working in the hospital’s emergency room.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...ing-hospitals/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not arguing with an admitted liar, tbh... you should really start defending your 10k death lie before arguing anything else.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Late March, New York:

New York City’s coronavirus outbreak is already overwhelming hospitals

In the US, the focus of the coronavirus outbreak last week shifted from the West Coast to New York City. As of 30 March, the city of 8.6 million people had 38,087 confirmed cases, which account for more than a quarter of cases in the US, and 914 people had died of covid-19.

In one 24-hour period last week, 2000 people were hospitalised in the city. Most of the positive covid-19 test results have been clustered in the boroughs of Queens and Brooklyn.

At a press conference on 25 March, New York City mayor Bill de Blasio said these are “numbers I can barely even comprehend… number[s] that would have been unimaginable just a couple of weeks ago”.

In Queens, hospitals and emergency rooms have been flooded with critically ill covid-19 patients struggling to breathe. “It’s inconceivable. Everything we know about medicine is out the window,” says Lisa Epstein, a nurse at New York-Presbyterian Queens, who is working in the hospital’s emergency room.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...ing-hospitals/
    so 0. Still. Thanks for continuing to prove that none of these were over capacity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On a related note, hope our Texas folk (we have plenty here) and their families are doing well in these troubled times, tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    el nono post count es as he copy and pasted proof that no hospitals were overcapacity. And he continues to post that they were using news headlines that are proven false in the body of the article. This is not good for el nono or ChumpDumper

Thread Information