Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's foolish. I could see it when you believed it was a max slot at risk. But it's not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NO trading for Adam’s now
    See, now that dude is overpaid. Same type of player but on a $90 million contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's foolish. I could see it when you believed it was a max slot at risk. But it's not.
    I’m operating under assumption white is extended soon (even if Jakob was not brought back). But no matter what from the beginning I’ve said I prefer no contracts over one year. None. If Sa was running it back that is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m operating under assumption white is extended soon (even if Jakob was not brought back). But no matter what from the beginning I’ve said I prefer no contracts over one year. None. If Sa was running it back that is.
    So you'd prefer no White extension since it's over a year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s not worth the deal in any scenario SA has put themselves in imo. So I don’t care if Sa can still have 52m (I think white is extended and eats into that) they need no dead weight deals for players that are not worth it.

Could I be wrong? Of course. I didn’t want the risk and dollar for dollar would value cap space over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you'd prefer no White extension since it's over a year?
    I want white extended and no Jakob and the situation that would put SA in. I meant free agents

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shut up DPG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade ddr and LMA then I change my tune a lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You doing good?

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    pels getting adams... every team in the west making moves but the spurs

reminds me of last offseason.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Vassel getting paid more than white and Keldon? Draft position?
    yes.

the scale can be found here:

http://www.cbafaq.com/scale17.htm

19/20 and 20/21 should be the same. The numbers in the scale aren't the actual number, you have to add 20% to the number for the caphold

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright: “our work isn’t done”

Proceeds to nonsensically sign Jakob and that’s it

They really looked at this team and thought: let’s make no changes but make it more expensive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NO trading for Adam’s now
    Steven Adams?

Really, he was gonna be the guy that would catapult back to le contention? Please.....

I hate that they are running it back with Gay, Mills, DeRozan & Aldridge but keeping their young talent around (and intact) within financial reason is sound.

They do need to go "all - in" on a rebuild but having a ton of cap space - unless absorbing bad deals & ac ulating draft picks - isn't gonna mean to one of the smallest markets in the NBA. Tim Duncan, Manu, Tony & Nephew are gone & free agents are going to flock in San Antonio to be the "saviour."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Poeltl. Good player, good guy, etc. But I wish the Spurs would actually pick a strategy. Not trading on draft day made me think that the strategy was to open a ton of cap room. But now after signing Poeltl? I don't know what they're doing and don't see a clear path to a winning strategy. This half-rebuild, half-stay-the-course strategy doesn't have much discernable direction.
    Very well said!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steven Adams?

Really, he was gonna be the guy that would catapult back to le contention? Please.....

I hate that they are running it back with Gay, Mills, DeRozan & Aldridge but keeping their young talent around (and intact) within financial reason is sound.

They do need to go "all - in" on a rebuild but having a ton of cap space - unless absorbing bad deals & ac ulating draft picks - isn't gonna mean to one of the smallest markets in the NBA. Tim Duncan, Manu, Tony & Nephew are gone & free agents are going to flock in San Antonio to be the "saviour."
    What

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this deal. Perhaps a slight overpay, but still worth it and very tradable if needed to.

1.It allows the Spurs to trade Aldridge during the season if there's a good offer.
    2.It points to them not re-signing Forbes or another Carroll-like vet.
    3.It points to them willing to play their young guys a lot.
    4.Preserves a lot of cap space for next summer. I would have hated losing Poeltl to NO ( and him being such a good Zion defender is an underrated plus ) and then having to sign a replacement vet for a deal that'd eat into cap space next summer anyway.
    5.Barring trades they'd go into next summer with a roster consisting of 10 players either on rookie deals or extensions (and another 1st round pick) plus giant cap space. What they could do with the cap space is another matter. But it's a clean slate , very tidy looking cap situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brian Wright: “our work isn’t done”

Proceeds to nonsensically sign Jakob and that’s it

They really looked at this team and thought: let’s make no changes but make it more expensive
    No changes?

Marco + Bryn jettisoned + a lottery pick equals no changes?

Of course we would all love the team to really fast track a rebuild & stop with this trying to compete for mediocrity . Unfortunately, we have a ("out of touch") HOF coach that has too much pride to sink to the bottom of the standings.

The veterans will be gone soon, Pop will retire, the team will conceivably have cap space to sign our "saviour" & hopefully another lottery pick in a loaded draft class.

I know pessimism & negativity is all ST feeds off of since the end of (and during) the Big 3 Era, but the rebuild is coming and it could last a really, really long time. At least will have a pool of talent to start off with unlike some teams in the past.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like this deal. Perhaps a slight overpay, but still worth it and very tradable if needed to.

1.It allows the Spurs to trade Aldridge during the season if there's a good offer.
    2.It points to them not re-signing Forbes or another Carroll-like vet.
    3.It points to them willing to play their young guys a lot.
    4.Preserves a lot of cap space for next summer. I would have hated losing Poeltl to NO ( and him being such a good Zion defender is an underrated plus ) and then having to sign a replacement vet for a deal that'd eat into cap space next summer anyway.
    5.Barring trades they'd go into next summer with a roster consisting of 10 players either on rookie deals or extensions (and another 1st round pick) plus giant cap space. What they could do with the cap space is another matter. But it's a clean slate , very tidy looking cap situation.
    How does poeltl deal preserve space? It dollar for dollar eats into it vs signing a 1 season stop gap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was on team DPG for the draft discussion, now on team Chinook for free agency. Exciting offseason so far, hopefully a trade is made.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was on team DPG for the draft discussion, now on team Chinook for free agency. Exciting offseason so far, hopefully a trade is made.
    They're both madmen lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we have a lot of guards,this would be a good signing bexause jakob knows his role yo be a solide defender and rebounder and set picks for the guards

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How does poeltl deal preserve space? It dollar for dollar eats into it vs signing a 1 season stop gap
    Preserves the max slot, although exactly how much cap space they'd have is a much of muchness right now. They'll have 10 or 11 players on the roster next summer on rookie deals or extensions and all of them will be tradable depending on exactly how much space they'd need to make their moves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im fine with 8mil+ for poodle. Just get something for an aging lma and unleash poodle power!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good signing. This contract is gonna be super easy to trade if opening up more cap space becomes necessary in the next two years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man 2020 has been a ty year but I have a bad feeling 2021 is going to be much worse

Thread Information