Page 32 of 169 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    a public option would be an improvement to what we have, but it's a half measure that in and of itself does little to nothing to address the cost of services/drugs, and would create an even higher tax burden per capita on the govt plan. it would make it a tough selling point to transition from that to M4A (if that is the intended end goal), imho
    I think a public option that doesn’t suck together with no more employer mandate would put private insurance companies in real trouble. You’d have tens of millions of small business employees being forced into the public option over night and as a result it’d have a big enough pool of patients to control costs and provide better coverage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a public option that doesn’t suck together with no more employer mandate would put private insurance companies in real trouble. You’d have tens of millions of small business employees being forced into the public option over night and as a result it’d have a big enough pool of patients to control costs and provide better coverage.
    if the goal is the put the private insurance companies in real trouble you're already striving for M4A

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iowa has accepted partial recount requests from sanders and buttigieg. expected to begin tuesday and take 2 days

they already completed the recanvass requests (a pre-requisite to recounts), which did shuffle some SDE's, but pete holding the smallest of leads. it is less than 0.1 SDE's. buttigieg currently has a lead by 2 national delegates, but it is noteworthy that the "last" delegate goes to the overall winner, so if the recount puts sanders up by the smallest of leads, he would wind up with 14 delegates to pete's 12.

from what i understand, the iowa dems did change the rules to allow for the objective math errors to be corrected during the recanvass step, so its entirely unclear what the recount will establish

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    if the goal is the put the private insurance companies in real trouble you're already striving for M4A
    Just saw this now...M4A is definitely what I’m striving for, my point is that a robust public option that can be done with 51 senators instead of 60 might be the most pragmatic bridge to get us there.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw this now...M4A is definitely what I’m striving for, my point is that a robust public option that can be done with 51 senators instead of 60 might be the most pragmatic bridge to get us there.
    Only need 50 + VP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    agree that it would be easier to get through. my concern is that it doesnt do much of anything to address cost of services, which is really a root problem is the whole system we have. and if it ends up not working out because of that, it's going to be a terrible "audition" for a government plan and would actually hurt M4A chances

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO at Biden's ad against Bloomberg

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nevada dems already in damage control because they know they'll up just like Iowa. I'm glad.

Maybe this is the nail in the coffin for caucuses.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

No way his incompetent campaign came up with this. Funny and effective nonetheless. Bloomberg is actually taking support from him so it makes sense for him to go after him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quick reminder Bernie's absurd healthcare plan exists literally nowhere on planet Earth

I normally would say the whole banning private insurance bit is not necessary, but the US might be the exception. I mean if we’re going to even pretend that Bernies plan has any chance above 0% of passing, I would actually think Insurance companies would sabotage that like there’s no tomorrow.

As far as point 3, it’s a bit disingenuous... a lot of those countries do actually provide all of those except dental, and for point 4, what kind of deductibles are we talking about? $5000 or $30?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that’s totally bad. Terrible.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not su ious at all.

Amirite, Neutered ChumpDumper?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that’s totally bad. Terrible.
    IA and NV caucuses are all bollixed up. Just have a straight up vote.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Those aren't Bloomberg's real texts. Fake news, election meddling, ban from twitter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IA and NV caucuses are all bollixed up. Just have a straight up vote.
    I wouldn’t even trust them to have a do over, or two.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are we all in agreement Biden's campaign comes to an end tonight if he doesn't at the very least place second? Another 3rd, 4th finishes the job for him.

Klobuchar also should say her goodnight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So are we all in agreement Biden's campaign comes to an end tonight if he doesn't at the very least place second? Another 3rd, 4th finishes the job for him.

Klobuchar also should say her goodnight.
    Biden won’t bow out until South Carolina. There are a good amount of delegates there relative to the other early states. And last chance for momentum before Super Tuesday

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    All the entry polling in Nevada is pointing towards a landslide Sanders win.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The real fight will be for second place.

3 way tie seems like between Biden, Warren and Buttiegieg.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bye bye Klobuchar

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NV is the first "diverse" population, after lilly white IA and NH

If Bernie wins big, he'll be looking great, Big Mo, for Super Tuesday, and could be unstoppable.

neoliberal Big$$ establishment center-right Dems must be ting their shorts.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

I think Biden and Buttplug are going to get phased out of a lot of the precincts by being just under 15%.

The two precincts CNN has shown so far have Sanders and Warren as the only two candidates getting delegates. I know it’s an insignificant sample size but you get the point.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't even have a captain in one of the caucus sites CNN showed. lol

Thread Information