Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We knew he was gonna play tbh. The question is is how serious the injury is and whether or not he can be effective?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont think it is that serious, the article wouldve been "tony parker hopeful to play in game 7" if we lost last night, trust me, this is misdirection, Tony will be 90%-95% come game 1, lets just hope he doesnt have any setbacks

it is just cover for if he continues to play poorly tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another year another parker injury.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, is anyone else kind of pissed off about how serious they take the loss of one player? Tony is an outstanding player, but the Spurs didn't cobble together a victory. They played solid basketball to win that game. Obviously there were lapses, but we are a formidable team without Parker. I'm getting so sick of the media placing the importance on one player (see Paul George). We are a solid team all around. Sure I want Parker back, but we are far from dead in the water without him. Rant over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, is anyone else kind of pissed off about how serious they take the loss of one player? Tony is an outstanding player, but the Spurs didn't cobble together a victory. They played solid basketball to win that game. Obviously there were lapses, but we are a formidable team without Parker. I'm getting so sick of the media placing the importance on one player (see Paul George). We are a solid team all around. Sure I want Parker back, but we are far from dead in the water without him. Rant over.
    I agree but this series is one where we need parker to exploit chalmers, this is parkers chance to shine, without him, our margin for error drops unless mills and cojo step up huge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only were and are we far from dead with him out, when he is in ballhog mode and NOT hitting, he hurts us.
    His point guard skills (lack thereof) show up when his jumper is not hitting and his drives are getting stuffed.
    He also (at times) slacks on D.
    Up to coach to be aware of this and correct ASAP.
    We can get away with this for X number of possessions against lesser teams.
    Otherwise, it can cost us a Championship.

Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously think pop benched him. He had 3 4 bad to in the 1st half. Spurs proved this year they can win wo him.

Ithink he has a slight injury but pop saw he was doing more harm than good. There is a reason the Spurs out score OKC by 17 in the 3rd.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he was dinged up and since we hadn't won in Ok he was looking at game 7 with a healthy Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I seriously think pop benched him. He had 3 4 bad to in the 1st half. Spurs proved this year they can win wo him.

Ithink he has a slight injury but pop saw he was doing more harm than good. There is a reason the Spurs out score OKC by 17 in the 3rd.
    I agree...this possibly had some part to play in the decision to rule him out for the 2nd half.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he was dinged up and since we hadn't won in Ok he was looking at game 7 with a healthy Parker.
    Bingo, that was my immediate thought when he was sitting, we were hedging our bet, fortunately it worked out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Agreed, though I'm sure he let Tony think it was completely to preserve him for a Game 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It speaks volumes about the team when they can close out a series (twice) after arguably their best player goes down, one of those times being on the road against a team that's owned them for a couple of years. That's crazy tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Pop took him out because he obviously wasn't 100% with his ankle, and I believe Pop would rather have saved him for game 7 if needed, than to waste him on game 6 which we could lose, especially the way how it looked at the half.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The finals have nice rests built in.. 4 days off till Thursday and then 2 days off till game 2.. 2 days off before game 5 and if needed 2 days off before game 7.. Odds of this going 7 are good IMO..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The finals have nice rests built in.. 4 days off till Thursday and then 2 days off till game 2.. 2 days off before game 5 and if needed 2 days off before game 7.. Odds of this going 7 are good IMO..
    I could see leaving Parker out of the first game to give him more time to heal before going in next Saturday…a full week off would be better for a sprain.

I agree with whoever said that the real question will be whether or not he is effective. If he tries to play hobbled like in the last couple of games, he does us more harm than good, imo. Let him sit for the first game. Doubt that Pop will do it, but it would make some sense to me if he did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buck Harvey @Buck_SA
    Parker expected to play Thursday? "Absolutely," said one who knows. #spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CIA Pop Move?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pull an Ibaka and come back like Jesus walking on water.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope some dumb reporter ask Pop about Tony injury and he tells them he is out for the season...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As if there's any chance he won't. The real question is, how effective will he be?

If he can give them 3-4 games near peak form, they'll probably win in 6 (maybe 7). If he can only give them 1-2, they'll probably lose in 6 and if he can't give them any, then obviously they can't win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could be cia pop playing ibaka games to with the heat.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Parker I know you read these...

Save_Us_TP9

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's going to have the entirety of Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday off... I think he'll be fine

Thread Information