Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    57-25. Not expecting a huge leap from a regular season W/L total from last year, but do expect that if things come together the ceiling of the team will be significantly higher.

But for the regular season, it will be an adjustment. It's not easy integrating new pieces always, especially main cogs. Then you talk about the bench rotation being different, TP's questions, Manu's questions and any sort of slippage from Tim/TP/Manu and I would expect a very good but not spectacular RS.

Plus, the West as a whole is even better (healthy Durant, Clipper improved, another step forward for NO, etc..).
    Would not count on a healthy Durant. Those Jones fractures seem to have long term impacts more than half the time. Durant will still be an All-Star (if he doesn't aggravate it) but he'll never be pre-injury Durant again. He'll never be the guy capable of going for 40+ including 15/16 from the charity stripe on a nightly basis.

On a similar note, I'm worried as about Bryant and whether or not his game will be permanently less effective upon return. His injury wasn't quite as severe but it was still in the same place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    57-25. Not expecting a huge leap from a regular season W/L total from last year, but do expect that if things come together the ceiling of the team will be significantly higher.

But for the regular season, it will be an adjustment. It's not easy integrating new pieces always, especially main cogs. Then you talk about the bench rotation being different, TP's questions, Manu's questions and any sort of slippage from Tim/TP/Manu and I would expect a very good but not spectacular RS.

Plus, the West as a whole is even better (healthy Durant, Clipper improved, another step forward for NO, etc..).
    Plus you have to account for the occasional injury to a key player, and the WTF? token couple of games. I want to be positive and hope for a record like in the dominant 2013-14 campaign: 62 wins, but the bench was clicking that year though, and Boris, Patty, Marco and a whole crew had career years and the Spurs were on fire from 3 pt range. This current crew is not that explosive scoring and there are new young unproven guys that will need to come together and chip in. Many here question these guys, and rightfully so. But regardless what we think, we have to hope for good play from them if we are to reach and surpass the 60 wins. If they come up short there will be some close games that will slip out. (I am factoring in these guys contribution for the injuries and rest to the old guys and such.)

Basically, the team will be very good and a contender regardless, but these guys off the bench playing well could be the difference between 57 or 62 wins, IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Plus you have to account for the occasional injury to a key player, and the WTF? token couple of games. I want to be positive and hope for a record like in the dominant 2013-14 campaign: 62 wins, but the bench was clicking that year though, and Boris, Patty, Marco and a whole crew had career years and the Spurs were on fire from 3 pt range. This current crew is not that explosive scoring and there are new young unproven guys that will need to come together and chip in. Many here question these guys, and rightfully so. But regardless what we think, we have to hope for good play from them if we are to reach and surpass the 60 wins. If they come up short there will be some close games that will slip out. (I am factoring in these guys contribution for the injuries and rest to the old guys and such.)

Basically, the team will be very good and a contender regardless, but these guys off the bench playing well could be the difference between 57 or 62 wins, IMO.
    Last year Patty was out majority of the time. Marco was injured a lot too and didn't get the same kind of productivity as the championship year. Tiago was out most of the season. Still, they won 55 games?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    58-24.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Already said it a few months ago: 55-27 and the 4th seed. West is just too stacked with younger legs for this squad to hang with the top seeds in RS. Playoffs will be a different story, however; unlike recent years I don't see a team I'd clearly like to see them avoid except maybe the Clippers and New Orleans, and this team is experienced enough to win on the road in any building.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year Patty was out majority of the time. Marco was injured a lot too and didn't get the same kind of productivity as the championship year. Tiago was out most of the season. Still, they won 55 games?
    I would say that is the difference from the record between 13/14 and 14/15. Obviously other things influenced it like Tony's too steep decline and Kawhi not rising to the occasion with consistency the whole year but in reality, too many guys regressed from career years.
    I'd say this year it's more of a burden on Kawhi and LMA, but you still need the bench. The guys subbing in for Tony and Manu will be needed to contribute quality play. I expect Patty to be back in 13/14 mode, but not Manu or Tony. Simmons and Slow-mo were awesome together in SL, and I love them both an I think personally they will turn out to be good roleplayers, but truly they are unknowns at this level. Getting a record like on 13/14 was not solely on one or two guys, it was a whole team effort. Like I mentioned many guys had career years. May this year's crew be as good! I am erring on the side of caution, but acknowledge that whether we get good contributions from those guys, our record will be better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on Kawhi;s usage rate..the more the better.

I say 60+ wins..
    Malik Hairston, who was that fat girl with the greasy look and disgusting shirt spurfans you posted a while ago? I think it's the same poster as Sagirl...She has a photo of her hideous and disgusting face in a pirates of carribean setting...Not talking about the buck tooth Angeluv..I can;t remeber her username.
    Last edited by apalisoc_9; 09-25-2015 at 11:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on Kawhi;s usage rate..the more the better.

I say 60+ wins..

Malik Hairston, who was that fat girl with the greasy look and disgusting shirt spurfans you posted a while ago? I think it's the same poster as Sagirl...She has a photo of her hideous and disgusting face in a pirates of carribean setting...Not talking about the buck tooth Angeluv..I can;t remeber her username.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really concerned about the defense, I think it's hyperbole and mostly denial/fear from non-Spurs fans..losing Splitter hurts, but Aldridge is an above average defender and Green's increase in playing time(which is virtually guaranteed with Ginobili's decline in minutes and Belinelli's absence) will help offset any defensive drop-off..

I've seen some silly comments regarding the Spurs' bench, too..there's no reason to think they won't be one of the better units in the league..

My biggest and only concern is playmaking from the perimeter players, particularly Ginobili's remaining ability and whether Parker accepts a new role or not..it's a huge concern and by far the biggest question mark..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    New franchise regular season record 65 wins, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    82-0

Seriously though,from 62-20 to 56-26

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    58-24 regular season
    16-4 playoffs

Even though the overall record will improve, I actually think they'll miss Splitter and Belinelli early in the regular season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, the people predicting fewer than 60 wins are being unduly pessimistic.

65-17 and the NBA championship.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs win 53 games
    Spurs beat the Clippers in the conference finals
    Spurs beat the Cavs in the Finals
    Duncan is finals Mvp but they give it to Kawhi again
    Duncan Retires a champion beating kobes ring count
    Manu Retires matching kobes ring count which opens up Manu>Kobe
    West Retires a champion and donates his ring to save homless kids
    Bonner is given a 4yr 20mil contract to stay playing in san antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs win 53 games
    Spurs beat the Clippers in the conference finals
    Spurs beat the Cavs in the Finals
    Duncan is finals Mvp but they give it to Kawhi again
    Duncan Retires a champion beating kobes ring count
    Manu Retires matching kobes ring count which opens up Manu>Kobe
    West Retires a champion and donates his ring to save homless kids
    Bonner is given a 4yr 20mil contract to stay playing in san antonio.
    This is only open for debate on the multinational level. In the NBA, this isn't close, homer or not.

&,, West isn't retiring barring serious injury. He's not THAT old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is only open for debate on the multinational level. In the NBA, this isn't close, homer or not.

&,, West isn't retiring barring serious injury. He's not THAT old.
    You must not understand sarcasm or humor..
    I bet before you go to bed you turn off ur lamp on ur nightstand...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really concerned about the defense, I think it's hyperbole and mostly denial/fear from non-Spurs fans..losing Splitter hurts, but Aldridge is an above average defender and Green's increase in playing time(which is virtually guaranteed with Ginobili's decline in minutes and Belinelli's absence) will help offset any defensive drop-off..

I've seen some silly comments regarding the Spurs' bench, too..there's no reason to think they won't be one of the better units in the league..

My biggest and only concern is playmaking from the perimeter players, particularly Ginobili's remaining ability and whether Parker accepts a new role or not..it's a huge concern and by far the biggest question mark..
    do u think losing splitters defense will be offset by Aldridge playing bigger minutes and chewing up some of diaws minutes?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It will be critical and interesting to see if we can have a sufficient post D and sufficient D from our point guards. You can argue that we will still be ok but in order to be the champs again we need to be spectacular and dominating in some areas and good in the other areas.
    Last edited by DrSteffo; 10-03-2015 at 05:34 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm going to conservatively guess 62-20. Mills, Leonard, Parker, Splitter all had tons of injury problems last year and they still pulled out 55 wins. With a more talented team and hopefully a return to the mean healthwise I can't see them not winning significantly more games.

Sarah Palin is a Maverick freemeat's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    64-18
    Timmy ties MJ with ring #6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    64-18
    Timmy ties MJ with ring #6
    Aldridge goes down with series-ending injury in game 1 of the finals

Spurs win anyway

808s & Heartbreak Kool Bob Love's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    63 wins, Spurs will have 4 all stars like the Hawks did: Duncan, Aldridge, Parker, Ginobili

Thread Information