Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Post Count
    Dropped a couple in the coaches poll. rated over the Aggies in the AP.
    It's going to be tough to stay in the CFP rankings but I'm guessing they just get in at #25.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    so i finally made my way to a game. first, i'd have to say that i am now not so sure that UTSA needs to invest in an on campus stadium in the near future. the dome turned out to be a nice space for both the tailgating experience and the game itself. the crowd was extremely loud and engaged and responsible for quite a few delay of game and movement penalties. second, UTSA did not seem the least bit prepared to stop frank gore, jr. at QB. he had his way in the first half but eventually his coaches put him in a position to get hurt and that's exactly what happened. he gave it a go to start the 3rd but eventually had to come out. once he was no longer in the game, the tide seemed to change. offensively, harris looked to have had his worst game of the season as many of his throws were off and he was late in seeing his receivers when they got open. and southern miss was keying in on the run so it was not a good time for the passing game to be struggling. also, southern miss looked loose and pumped up even during their warmup drills. i expect that the runners will run into this problem when they play north texas. but before that, UTSA better straighten out some of their issues because if they play against UAB they way they played against southern miss, their unbeaten record will be no more.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    so i finally made my way to a game. first, i'd have to say that i am now not so sure that UTSA needs to invest in an on campus stadium in the near future. the dome turned out to be a nice space for both the tailgating experience and the game itself. the crowd was extremely loud and engaged and responsible for quite a few delay of game and movement penalties. second, UTSA did not seem the least bit prepared to stop frank gore, jr. at QB. he had his way in the first half but eventually his coaches put him in a position to get hurt and that's exactly what happened. he gave it a go to start the 3rd but eventually had to come out. once he was no longer in the game, the tide seemed to change. offensively, harris looked to have had his worst game of the season as many of his throws were off and he was late in seeing his receivers when they got open. and southern miss was keying in on the run so it was not a good time for the passing game to be struggling. also, southern miss looked loose and pumped up even during their warmup drills. i expect that the runners will run into this problem when they play north texas. but before that, UTSA better straighten out some of their issues because if they play against UAB they way they played against southern miss, their unbeaten record will be no more.
    yeah, man. We need as many locals as possible to get behind the team, even as their second team.

The wildcat offense was definitely unexpected. UTSA played right into their hands with Harris having such an off night though. If they strike quick like they have been most of the season, Southern Miss would've had no choice but to go back to a traditional offense to try to catch up. Just be glad you avoided a hug letdown, burn the tape, and focus on UAB. It's for the CUSA West le and a chance to host the CUSA le game. Atmosphere should be even more electric Saturday.

Also agree about the Dome. It's a nice enough home until the city stops pumping money into it.

Post Count
    It's going to be tough to stay in the CFP rankings but I'm guessing they just get in at #25.
    Wow, so they actually moved up to #22. What happens if they beat UAB?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I really don't get why you guys were expecting such a drastic drop. It's not like rankings are based on one week. Or like how they play is the only variable in the equation. It would've required a handful of teams ranked below them/just outside the Top 25 to have really impressive wins to jump UTSA because of an "ugly win".

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    A win over UAB would, i think, push UTSA into the top 20.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    I really don't get why you guys were expecting such a drastic drop. It's not like rankings are based on one week. Or like how they play is the only variable in the equation. It would've required a handful of teams ranked below them/just outside the Top 25 to have really impressive wins to jump UTSA because of an "ugly win".

When you look back on it, at least three of the wins were fairly ugly. Probably works out that the games aren't being watched. The ranking is useless outside the top five, so it's all academic. SDSU is so much better though, right?

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    When you look back on it, at least three of the wins were fairly ugly. Probably works out that the games aren't being watched. The ranking is useless outside the top five, so it's all academic. SDSU is so much better though, right?
    Sure, but aside from Georgia who hasn't had their handful of "ugly wins"? Cinci has been grinding out wins against sub par AAC teams for like the past month. Not to mention, aside from the three teams I mentioned everyone else in the country also has actual losses on their resume. Pretty sure those are worse than ugly wins.

SDSU being ahead of us pisses me off.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    New lids for biggest game in program history.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Sure, but aside from Georgia who hasn't had their handful of "ugly wins"? Cinci has been grinding out wins against sub par AAC teams for like the past month. Not to mention, aside from the three teams I mentioned everyone else in the country also has actual losses on their resume. Pretty sure those are worse than ugly wins.

SDSU being ahead of us pisses me off.
    Cincy has the Notre Dame win on the road which is very lucky for them. Otherwise they'd be ranked #21

Post Count
    Conference USA's TV deal is awful. Looks like only one conference game for UTSA is going to be on TV all season (that was the UTEP game on ESPN2).

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Judy is the worst commissioner in CFB. She's trash. When UTSA first joined CUSA, the AAC had just formed and CUSA was arguably the next best G5 conference. Its why UTSA supposedly chose CUSA over a MWC invite. Texas St ended up in the Sunbelt, which at the the time was widely considered the weakest conference. A Tik Tok/Facebook/Stadium deal + getting a toy car company sponsor for the le game later and CUSA is easily worse than the Belt and by far the worst conference to be in in all of FBS. Thank god the AAC threw us a lifeboat.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Cincy has the Notre Dame win on the road which is very lucky for them. Otherwise they'd be ranked #21
    Nah they've done this for two years in a row. And had Georgia on the ropes in their bowl game last season. They're legit. It's just really hard to win every single week. Even harder to dominate every week.

Post Count
    Judy is the worst commissioner in CFB. She's trash. When UTSA first joined CUSA, the AAC had just formed and CUSA was arguably the next best G5 conference. Its why UTSA supposedly chose CUSA over a MWC invite. Texas St ended up in the Sunbelt, which at the the time was widely considered the weakest conference. A Tik Tok/Facebook/Stadium deal + getting a toy car company sponsor for the le game later and CUSA is easily worse than the Belt and by far the worst conference to be in in all of FBS. Thank god the AAC threw us a lifeboat.

The real reason UTSA choose CUSA over the MWC is because of geography.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    det finish

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Special special season

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    of a comeback. i'm trying to clear some time to make it to the conference championship game.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Special special season

Seriously, it might be 50+ years before this happens again

Post Count
    Special special season

Incredible. It has literally been a dream like season for UTSA and made more special by the fact their local guys are stars there (Sincere McCormick from Judson, Frank Harris from Clemens & Oscar Cardenas from Brandeis).

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Upper deck opening up for the conference championship. Sucks that it's a Friday night but looks like it could be good turnout.

Post Count
    UTSA getting destroyed today. Almost looked like they were trying to lose at times, like they never saw a wet football before.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    utsa

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Definitely overdue for a loss. Try to win the next two.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Kansas

What bowl is UT going to again?

Thread Information