Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for clarifying guys. This turned out to be an excellent return for Young. Swapping the DET pick to a pick likely in the 15-20 range is a win in my book

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to realize that we move 12 picks for a guy who'll be brough out. Hope that the Raps makes the PO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Brian Wright is fire! I have hope for the future now if he keeps making moves like this. We now have 3 FRPs this year? (Assuming TOR makes the playoffs). Collecting assets while losing semi-rotational players is the work of a great GM. Now I hope he has a good eye for coaching talent...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/sta...RGCM2YWrg&s=19

I wonder if this this why he didn't play much. ing shrewd if so.
    wow, so that's why Pop was sitting him. To save the team that trades for him some money Makes sense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wright is amazing this year. Props!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With a 1st, you can control the player for five years on a cheap contract

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So,the Kawhi haul stands at Keldon, 2 FRPs and the LAL SRP this year. Not ing bad.
    They did get a le out of it but considering we were basically held at gunpoint, it’s really worked out well for us at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn Brian Wright is fire! I have hope for the future now if he keeps making moves like this. We now have 3 FRPs this year? (Assuming TOR makes the playoffs). Collecting assets while losing semi-rotational players is the work of a great GM. Now I hope he has a good eye for coaching talent...
    Bruh, Manu is right there ready to take over.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm excited because we did a trade, but trading Detroit 2nd round (projected #31) was not great.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm excited because we did a trade, but trading Detroit 2nd round (projected #31) was not great.
    For the 20th pick ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is awesome. Sam Presti kinda chess trading. Now we have more assets to find that diamond in the rough or to trade

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These guys are good, but they aren't the kind of players that get you into the playoffs.
    Breaking news, Murray is an All-Star…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They did get a le out of it but considering we were basically held at gunpoint, it’s really worked out well for us at this point.
    And considering that Kawhi had his successful year at Toronto, but has basically been a non-factor in the league since then, it's looked ok for the Spurs that he left. As disruptive as Kawhi's injury train appears to be for his teammates and coaches, I'm not sure how much success the Spurs would have continued to have had even if he'd stayed. Hard to build any momentum when your franchise player is made of tissue paper.

Obviously I hate that we lost one of the league's best talents, but jeez, that's a lot of drama.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bruh, Manu is right there ready to take over.
    One can only hope. Game 7 of the NBA finals. Down 20 at the half with no hope. SCSA music hits and Manu comes out of retirement one last time to lead his team to victory

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let’s hope Raptors stay in the six spot (or they manage not to screw up and lose two play-in games). They have a nice cushion over the Hornets and Hawks for now to stay in top eight.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So assuming the picks convey, the Kawhi/Green haul is now three years of Demar + Poeltl + three first round picks? Not horrible all things considered.

Brian Wright to the rescue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick WHITE gone!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a really interesting trade, tbh. It could work out really well for the Spurs -- but there's some downside risk. If the Raptors don't make the playoffs, there's then a chance the Spurs traded away the #31 pick for two future second rounders. That ... wouldn't be good. There's also a chance this only moves the Spurs up a few spots if the Raptors keep surging. That'd still be fine; I would still like the trade if it ends up Thad and #31 for #26 or whatever.

But, yeah, really interesting one. I would have liked a bit more risk protection (say, the Spurs don't owe the second rounder if the Raptors miss the playoffs) but I'm okay with the gamble. I've long been a proponent of stacking draft picks so I'm pretty impressed with how Wright is wrangling all this draft capital.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pull your head out of your ass. This is about assets and ending contracts, Dragic probably won’t be on the roster for more than a few days. He’s being bought out.

Since this trade was unequal player wise, when we cut Dragic, we’ll also have two roster spots open. This is how we picked up KBD 2 years ago.
    Isn't Josh Richardson a G??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like this deal. The Pistons pick is great. Trading that for a pick that might not convey until next year. If it does convey this year, it'll be a few picks higher. It's not nothing, but at the max, it's barely worth it. The obvious downside is trading a high-second for two random future seconds. That would be negative value.

Hopefully the Raptors give up a pick in the teens this season. That would be cool. But this is worse than the Hernangomez deal in terms of using leverage.

At least Gambit's happy, as now we're all Raptors fans for the rest of the year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs finally got the guy I wanted way back in the 2008 thread (see below) -- except now he's 35-bleeping years old. The Spurs originally drafted Dragic then traded him to the Suns back in '08.

Dragic -- the one thing I liked about this draft.

I remember feeling great for about 5 seconds when the Spurs drafted Barbosa -- then the same thing happened.
    The Spurs need to stop drafting for the Suns (and the Rockets for that matter).

Dragic is the type of player that the Spurs would have drafted and kept in earlier years. Barbosa, too.

Looking forward, they definitely need to make the Splitter pick pay off.
    https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...=1#post4329669

Well, I guess all's well that ends . . . well, that ends . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moving up 10 spots in the draft is a big deal. Add that to Boston 1st and Spurs 1st and SA may be in position to trade into the top three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't like this deal. The Pistons pick is great. Trading that for a pick that might not convey until next year. If it does convey this year, it'll be a few picks higher. It's not nothing, but at the max, it's barely worth it. The obvious downside is trading a high-second for two random future seconds. That would be negative value.

Hopefully the Raptors give up a pick in the teens this season. That would be cool. But this is worse than the Hernangomez deal in terms of using leverage.

At least Gambit's happy, as now we're all Raptors fans for the rest of the year.
    This tbh. Looks like the Raptors fleeced the Spurs again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man ... are the Raptors really going to make the playoffs? They're the sixth seed but they have the Nets, Celtics and Hawks on their tail and the top five seeds look very likely to make it. The Raptors are on a seven game winning streak and Thad will make them better ... but I'd say there's like a ~25% chance they don't make the playoffs. Charlotte is another team that could enter the mix.

Oddly risky trade but the upside is high enough that it's likely worth it. Hmm...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man ... are the Raptors really going to make the playoffs? They're the sixth seed but they have the Nets, Celtics and Hawks on their tail and the top five seeds look very likely to make it. The Raptors are on a seven game winning streak and Thad will make them better ... but I'd say there's like a ~25% chance they don't make the playoffs. Charlotte is another team that could enter the mix.

Oddly risky trade but the upside is high enough that it's likely worth it. Hmm...

Thread Information