Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the rumors are true that Houston is open to trading #3, and since it is likely Banchero will be available at that spot, what kind of package would they accept?

#9, #20 and Keldon Johnson for #3?
    Probably not enough. I think it’d be DJ and an FRP which is too much.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha yeah who the parents are shouldn't and doesn't really matter but after Kawhi I could see the Spurs having an upgraded personality test that considers stuff like that to a degree more than they used to. Leonard was influenced by inner circle family after all. Not my hill to die on but I wouldn't blame Front Office for being sensitive to that if they are and eyeing family/entourage to gauge for such tendencies and being more selective based on that. Spurs seem to consider off court stuff a bit more already anyway right?
    The front office has to get rid of this overly conservative sensitive thinking.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox Sports | NBA Mock Draft: Jabari Smith to Orlando Magic at No. 1
    Jason McIntyre, 18 hours ago, AKA 18 May 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs: AJ Griffin, F, Duke

Griffin turns 19 in August, his dad played in the NBA, and as a 44% 3-point shooter, he will fit perfectly into this offense. But his injury history could cause him to slide out of the top 10.
    20. San Antonio Spurs: Nikola Jovic, F, Serbia

In the NFL, the Patriots and Belichick trade down. In the NBA, the Spurs and Popovich historically have drafted and stashed Europeans. That has tailed off in recent years (once in the past six drafts), but expect to see that in June with San Antonio's three first-round picks.
    25. San Antonio Spurs: Caleb Houstan, F, Michigan

One of the top high school players in America didn’t have the awesome season many expected, but he’s one of five or six players in the first round who are about 6-foot-8 and can toggle between the 3 and 4, and he shot 35% on 3-pointers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA Draft.net | 2022 NBA Extended Mock Draft: 6.0
    Derek Best, 16 hours ago, AKA 18 May 2022

9. San Antonio: AJ Griffin 6-6 220 SF Duke Fr.

After a back injury limited Griffin to begin the season, he exploded onto the scene for the Blue Devils once he finally got healthy. The freshman forward hovered around 50% from 3-point range before a late season slump and used his solid frame to score in the lane and defend with strength. With an extremely high floor and the ability to contribute immediately to whoever drafts him, Griffin has moved up boards and figures to settle into the top 10

Why the Spurs take Griffin: The 6’6 freshman forward is receiving looks as high as fifth in this draft making this great value for the Spurs. They made the fifth fewest threes per game this past season and AJ Griffin made a living from the outside in his lone season with the Blue Devils. His threat from the outside will do wonders from a floor spacing perspective and allow the talented young players around him to have space to go get their own shot knowing that Griffin will be there for them to kick it out and still get a great look.

NBA Comparison: Jamal Mashburn
    20. San Antonio (via TOR): Jaden Hardy 6-4 200 SG G-League Ignite Fr.

The former top-five recruit struggled mightily to start his G-League Ignite career, which caused him to drop outside of the lottery and into the mid-late first round. As the season went on, Hardy started to impress and showed why he was such a highly touted recruit coming out of high school. The 6’4 combo guard is a phenomenal slasher and certainly has the range to be successful from the perimeter at the next level.

Why the Spurs take Hardy: They showed last season that they aren’t afraid to pick the high-upside project player when they selected Joshua Primo in the lottery, so it wouldn’t be a surprise to see them do something similar here at 20. A backcourt with Dejounte Murray and Hardy is one that could shine for many years if they both play up to their potential.

NBA Comparison: Buddy Hield
    25. San Antonio (via BOS): Jalen Williams 6-6 195 SG/SF Santa Clara Jr.

Although he lacks speed, Williams is a bulky wing with shot-creating skills who can work in the backcourt as a primary initiator or as an off-ball threat from the wing. He is versatile on both ends of the floor and proved to be an exceptional scorer as the star player for Santa Clara in his junior season in the WCC. This is a name to track throughout the pre-draft process as he attempts to prove that he can play with the top compe ion in the nation.

Why the Spurs take Williams: They have plenty of young, talented wings but Lonnie Walker and Joe Wieskamp are restricted free agents this offseason. Dejounte Murray will warrant quite an extension with only two years on his current deal remaining, and any player of this caliber that you can control on a rookie contract saves the salary cap for bigger players to build around Murray. Williams has a lot of versatility and fits as a Spurs type of player with his great intangibles.

NBA Comparison: Shake Milton
    38. San Antonio (via LAL): Wendell Moore 6-5 215 SG/SF Duke Jr.

Much like his teammate Keels, Moore is a powerful driver and tremendous playmaker with the versatility to run the point or play as a secondary initiator on the wing. After struggling for two seasons on the perimeter, Moore put in the work this summer to become a consistent threat on the outside and reaps the benefits here as an early second round pick who could easily climb into the first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fox Sports | NBA Mock Draft: Jabari Smith to Orlando Magic at No. 1
    Jason McIntyre, 18 hours ago, AKA 18 May 2022
    Fox Sports with easily the tiest draft imaginable, Griffin, Jovic, Houstan. Who even needs to play defense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Audacy | 2022 NBA mock draft: Gonzaga's Chet Holmgren becomes the next great big man in Orlando
    Jasper Jones, a day ago, AKA 18 May 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs: Dyson Daniels, G - Ignite

20. San Antonio Spurs: Nikola Jovic, F - Mega Basket

25. San Antonio Spurs: Christian Braun, F - Kansas

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TalkBasket.net | 2022 NBA Mock Draft: Vol. 1
    Paul Terrazzano Jr., May 18, 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs: Nikola Jovic
    The Spurs’ international draft history makes me convinced they’ll select top overseas prospect Nikola Jovic at #9.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TalkBasket.net | 2022 NBA Mock Draft: Vol. 1
    Paul Terrazzano Jr., May 18, 2022
    if the spurs pick novic at #9, this place will implode. (and rightfully so)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TWSN | Post Lottery 2022 NBA Mock Draft 1.0
    Will Locklin, May 19, 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs: AJ Griffin

-Griffin has seen a slide on consensus boards because of concerns in his medical profile. Griffin has had knee problems in the past but was able to showcase his skills at Duke. San Antonio could use a boom or bust kind of prospect. Griffin is the best shooter in this class and has some serious flash off the bounce. He can be slotted in as a big two-guard or traditional wing. The Spurs don’t have a particularly strong direction as a team right now which is all the more reason to take a strong upside play in Griffin.
    20. San Antonio Spurs: MarJon Beauchamp

25. San Antonio Spurs: Jean Montero

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if the spurs pick novic at #9, this place will implode. (and rightfully so)
    Draft projections keep getting worse for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this AJ Griffin . Lol, these mock drafters just wanting to stick him somewhere.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this AJ Griffin . Lol, these mock drafters just wanting to stick him somewhere.
    Yeah, want no part of Griffin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the Hive | At The Hive’s 2022 NBA Mock Draft: the lottery-and-two
    Chase Whitney, May 19, 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs – Keegan Murray, F, Iowa

San Antonio could combine a couple of their three first-rounders this year to move up for Duren given their lack of depth behind Jakob Poeltl, but Murray is a nice consolation if the price isn’t right. He’d be surrounded by athletic defenders that can cover for him if needed and he’d be able to play off of Dejounte Murray and Keldon Johnson’s attacking.
    *edited to directly attribute At the Hive and Whitney and to the At the Hive le.
    Last edited by Drom John; 05-19-2022 at 02:45 PM.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 9th pick can be a tough spot unless a team or two reaches for a player and causes someone to fall to the spurs.

Which team drafting ahead of the Spurs is most likely to reach for a player out of team need?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DefPen | Def Pen Sports’ 2022 NBA Mock Draft: Post Draft Lottery
    Dylan Hargis, May 19, 2022

9. San Antonio Spurs- Tari Eason, F, LSU Tigers

The San Antonio Spurs are all about building a contender over the next few years and to do that they need talent they can develop. Tari Eason is a great defender that needs some work on the offensive end. A match made in basketball heaven.
    20. San Antonio Spurs- Walker Kessler, C, Auburn Tigers

The San Antonio Spurs center situation could use some work and considering their value on defense, Walker Kessler makes sense with this selection of the 2022 NBA Mock Draft. The offense will need more than a little work in the NBA.
    25. San Antonio Spurs- EJ Liddell, F, Ohio State Buckeyes

The Spurs have had a very good mock draft thus far and they close out their first-round selections with an experienced forward to continue to add to their depth down low. There will be an odd man out on the roster, but there are worse problems to have.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the rumors are true that Houston is open to trading #3, and since it is likely Banchero will be available at that spot, what kind of package would they accept?

#9, #20 and Keldon Johnson for #3?
    Reading between the lines with the "open to trading" and "talent over fit" thing, the obvious interpretation is that Houston feels that, at no. 3, the best fit or consensus choice (Chet / Jabari / Banchero) may not be the best talent (possibly Ivey, less likely Sharpe), so they'd consider trading back A BIT and get a few assets while keeping their preferred choice.

If this is true, then they may not be looking to go all the way down to no. 9, but maybe 4 or 5. The Pistons are quite desperate to get into the top 2/3, and I expect them try and gain additional draft capital to move up and get a big to pair him with Cunningham, so they may be Houston's preferred trade partner.

But then again, it's my read on the situation, and there's no harm in trying. I'd definitely do what you propose if there's a chance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of these mock drafts mean a damn thing until like a day before the Draft, and even then they don’t mean much. Pay them no mind tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are serious multi-AS caliber players at #9:

Kemba Walker, DeRozan, Iguadala, Amare, Noah, Hayward…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs do trade up, this sounds like the guy. A great read:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe send Keldon and number 9 pick to Sacramento for number 4 pick.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon doesn't have enough value for a team to drop from 4 to 9.
    DJ + 9 may not even be enough to pull the trigger on that but that would be the offer you would need to make.

Sharpe and Ivey are on the board at 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s going to help his stock immensely. Meanwhile the Spurs FO is wondering: “Do either of his parents have advanced college degrees?”
    Det Culture

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Throw in the 20 and maybe the pick swap with Boston and that might do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    J Will with the 9th pick tbh

Thread Information