Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trayce Jackson-Davis is going back to college. He'll be pretty old for a draftee next year, but I do see pro material in him. At least he can make some jack with the NIL in his next year.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , with a solid combine scrimmage it's going to be hard for the Spurs to pass on J Will. Not exactly joking. Oddly, I would be ok with this pick despite their presumed rationale for selecting players. He looks like a two way wing who can get to the rim, pass, shoot the three, and defend. Wish he was taller but he may be a good problem to have. Would guarantee they move on from Walker. At the trade deadline, they could trade whoever is deemed superfluous, I suppose. I can see a path for this pick working out very well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , with a solid combine scrimmage it's going to be hard for the Spurs to pass on J Will. Not exactly joking. Oddly, I would be ok with this pick despite their presumed rationale for selecting players. He looks like a two way wing who can get to the rim, pass, shoot the three, and defend. Wish he was taller but he may be a good problem to have. Would guarantee they move on from Walker. At the trade deadline, they could trade whoever is deemed superfluous, I suppose. I can see a path for this pick working out very well.
    No one wanted Walker at the deadline last year. Why pay him to have the same results this year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN not even bothering to show the game any more. They wander off into commercial, come back, start chatting with a GM, talk to a guy who'se not playing, while the game is still going on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, after that performance (team-high 19 points on 7-for-8 shooting), Jalen Williams has to be extremely high on the next Spurs Big Board. If you were his agent, you would have told him not to play because he had already generated sufficient buzz at the combine. He played anyways and did really well.

I think Williams is now clearly in play at 9. The compe iveness he showed is even more Primo than Primo because even Primo only played in one of the scrimmages.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of those players were not NBA caliber. Williams looked great in comparison because he does have NBA talent. I hope the FO doesn't misread the context and reach for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurstalk: why couldnt the Spurs draft someone like Poole

also Spurstalk pre-draft time (if they were picking 9th in that draft): well Poole is a reach at this spot. Pass.

grab talent when you see talent. Stop overthinking this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

also Spurstalk pre-draft time (if they were picking 9th in that draft): well Poole is a reach at this spot. Pass.

I didn't realize there was no talent at #9.

Spurs Fan In Milan
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I agree.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't realize there was no talent at #9.
    Let me fix my wording: grab special talent when you see special talent. If you believe that a player is the best of the bunch, dont ing play around and just get him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me fix my wording: grab special talent when you see special talent. If you believe that a player is the best of the bunch, dont ing play around and just get him
    I mean, obviously. But Jalen Williams isn't a special talent. He's just a talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans: how could we have drafted Primo based on the combine? Doh!

Also Spurs fans: Jalen Williams is killing it at the combine. We must draft him!
    Last edited by exstatic; 05-20-2022 at 08:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, obviously. But Jalen Williams isn't a special talent. He's just a talent.
    there were 40 teams who thought Jokic was just a talent too. I don’t really think you’re following my logic here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there were 40 teams who thought Jokic was just a talent too. I don’t really think you’re following my logic here.
    Including Denver, since they thought he wasn't special enough to pick him over Nurkic and Gary Harris (and you don't just risk every team passing on someone you believe is really special).
    I like Jalen Williams, but it's much easier to bet on a dark horse when you're using a low 1st or mid 2nd than when you're using a top 10 pick. If you take him there and he's not better than Mathurin, it's going to be much tougher to justify than it was last year with Primo.
    Last edited by Ariel; 05-20-2022 at 08:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Williams has a little Pre-Spurs Steve Smith about him. Has that ‘Smitty’ move mastered.
    If the Spurs do pick him at #9, double check the spelling on the card please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not in 1999. In 1998 he went to Italy to play for Reggio Calabria in the 2nd division and got the promotion to the 1st division, THEN he was drafted and subsequently played another season for Reggio Calabria in the Italian 1st division, following that he signed for Kinder Bologna and THERE he earned Euroleague finals MVP in 2001. That's when he really gained widespread attention. Not before that. Look, it's pretty easy to figure out: someone who draws comparisons to Kobe doesn't fall to 57. Again, you're probably in good faith confusing 1999 with 2001/2002.
    You're right about the dates and I didn't explain the situation well enough.
    I should have said when he was finally coming into the league my excitement was hype and my dude was playing it down like I was crazy.
    Which I don't blame him.
    Like I said, I wish he could have seen Manu play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're right about the dates and I didn't explain the situation well enough.
    I should have said when he was finally coming into the league my excitement was hype and my dude was playing it down like I was crazy.
    Which I don't blame him.
    Like I said, I wish he could have seen Manu play.
    The Spurs drafted Gordon Giricek in the second round before Manu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draft Jalen and Jaylin and also sign Jalen Smith and trade for Jalen Johnson and let's do this thing.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Williams has a little Pre-Spurs Steve Smith about him. Has that ‘Smitty’ move mastered.
    If the Spurs do pick him at #9, double check the spelling on the card please
    Steve Smith was not good with the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Smith was not good with the Spurs.
    Hence the “Pre-“ moniker…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Williams is Jokic now?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, I must have missed those additional 10 teams being added.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs drafted Gordon Giricek in the second round before Manu
    And they still drafted Manu when no one else was gong to.
    I give zero s about anything else.

Thread Information