Page 53 of 95 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2371
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh, I'm not comfortable with Lyles/Gay as third C options.
    Eubanks being the only backup is already a stretch.

Every game Jakob gets in foul trouble, and those happen pretty often, is a potential L. Even against the worst teams.

Noone will offer anything for LMA, I think even PATFO came to terms with that.
    My pipe dream would be getting a first for Patty+Rudy package, but we all know that won't happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s been in the league long enough, a full rookie deal and nearly his entire extension, that I can safely and confidently say that he is what he is. LOTS of players show All Star flashes, and never crest that hill. He’d be one of those. 29 NBA GMs would be fighting to the death to trade for him if they thought he’d develop into an All Star on that $16M contract. The fact that they’re just throwing pebbles in the pond speaks loudly.
    Younger than D White. Offers more than Harrison Barnes. Higher upside, less downside, can be had for less than Barnes. Maybe we can build a time machine and get Wiseman, Wiggins, Minny’s 2021 first for LMA and 11. You were vehement that was, in some form on the table yet apprehensive sans Minny’s lottery pick.
    I just don’t value your opinion when it comes to relative value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Younger than D White. Offers more than Harrison Barnes. Higher upside, less downside, can be had for less than Barnes. Maybe we can build a time machine and get Wiseman, Wiggins, Minny’s 2021 first for LMA and 11. You were vehement that was, in some form on the table yet apprehensive sans Minny’s lottery pick.
    I just don’t value your opinion when it comes to relative value.
    Age is not nearly as important as experience. DWhite has been in the league 4 years, including this one. Gordon is in his eighth season. There’s just no development curve left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Age is not nearly as important as experience. DWhite has been in the league 4 years, including this one. Gordon is in his eighth season. There’s just no development curve left.
    Let’s separate development from a change in scenery. If the price is right, no reason to frown your nose at Gordon. He would be a perfect complement in many regards to our current youth. His contract is quite reasonable and allows you some flexibility while allocating some cap space that very may well otherwise go to Rudy Gay and/or Patty Mills or worse.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I realize Markkanen is just speculation, but despite the need for a stretch four, I wouldn't bother. The Bulls are clearly at the very least open to moving him, but they won't let an asset walk as an RFA without overpaying and he's not worth it. Injury prone, inconsistent, sub par defending center sized "power forward" is an awkward archetype.

I don't buy the Allen rumor at all. He'd require extreme overpayment to get the Cavaliers to consider not matching and the Spurs are obviously not doing that when they have a slightly older and what will be a significantly cheaper version, in Poeltl.

If the rumors of the Hawks being open to moving Bogdanovic and Reddish are true, I'd first try DeRozan, Lyles and Walker IV for Collins, Bogdanovic and Snell. Failing that, I'd try DeRozan for Bogdanovic and Reddish.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick white deactivated his Twitter account.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I realize Markkanen is just speculation, but despite the need for a stretch four, I wouldn't bother. The Bulls are clearly at the very least open to moving him, but they won't let an asset walk as an RFA without overpaying and he's not worth it. Injury prone, inconsistent, sub par defending center sized "power forward" is an awkward archetype.

I don't buy the Allen rumor at all. He'd require extreme overpayment to get the Cavaliers to consider not matching and the Spurs are obviously not doing that when they have a slightly older and what will be a significantly cheaper version, in Poeltl.

If the rumors of the Hawks being open to moving Bogdanovic and Reddish are true, I'd first try DeRozan, Lyles and Walker IV for Collins, Bogdanovic and Snell. Failing that, I'd try DeRozan for Bogdanovic and Reddish.
    I'd pass on Collins...but the Bogdanovic/ Reddish deal would be attractive

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably got a ton of from losers about Saturday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta is in a win now mode. DeMar makes sense for them. I don't know any other team DeMar would make sense for. This also matches up with that one poster who provided some Intel on here...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ATL would have to hear from DD that he’s re-signing, otherwise they would have no interest.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta is in a win now mode. DeMar makes sense for them. I don't know any other team DeMar would make sense for. This also matches up with that one poster who provided some Intel on here...
    Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, and NY look like good fits in the East for DDR to me. I'm not saying they all have assets we'd want or enough disposable salaries to make a deal work but I think he fits in those places and improves the playoff chances/position of all of them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It goes without saying that any hypothetical DeRozan trade comes with the caveat that he's at the very least amendable to re-signing (obviously, this could work via sign and trade too and would probably be more likely) with whoever acquires him and that's probably highly dependant on whether the Raptors are interested in a reunion.

It's probably the apex of DeRozan's worth (or would be if he were a Warrior, Heat, Raptor, etc.). Bogdanovic checks a lot of boxes as a youngish veteran secondary shot creator/play maker and a volume/movement 3-point shooter. Reddish has struggled mightily so far, but is still very young and remains an intriguing, coveted archetype.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet this is nothing. Derrick is one of the most mature guys on the team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ATL would have to hear from DD that he’s re-signing, otherwise they would have no interest.
    True, but anybody trading for him that's giving anything significant would require that info and they should be able to get that information through his agent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably got a ton of from losers about Saturday.
    From what I saw, he is Pop's favourite player I bet he will retire a Spurs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It goes without saying that any hypothetical DeRozan trade comes with the caveat that he's at the very least amendable to re-signing (obviously, this could work via sign and trade too and would probably be more likely) with whoever acquires him and that's probably highly dependant on whether the Raptors are interested in a reunion.

It's probably the apex of DeRozan's worth (or would be if he were a Warrior, Heat, Raptor, etc.). Bogdanovic checks a lot of boxes as a youngish veteran secondary shot creator/play maker and a volume/movement 3-point shooter. Reddish has struggled mightily so far, but is still very young and remains an intriguing, coveted archetype.
    I agree with all of that... I've been a fan of Bogdanovic and his fit here for a while now. Reddish, to me, is a classic boom or bust type of player. If the light comes on he could an All Star but there's a decent chance that switch never flips.... but the talent is good enough to be worth the risk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wizards have made Davis Bertans available for some teams, according to report

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Wizards have made Davis Bertans available for some teams, according to report
    He would actually be a really nice addition to this team's Starting Unit. It won't happen, but I would love it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Playing at home over the next 2 weeks or so would have to be a positive in acclimating any potential acquisition too.

Even in this crazy COVID Campaign, Spurs would have to feel good about getting a prospect in for almost a mini-camp type of deal.

Still think a trade is unlikely but love reading and speculating about the rumours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being traded for draft rights for Cade. Makes sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with all of that... I've been a fan of Bogdanovic and his fit here for a while now. Reddish, to me, is a classic boom or bust type of player. If the light comes on he could an All Star but there's a decent chance that switch never flips.... but the talent is good enough to be worth the risk.
    At that point, it'd make sense to either not re-sign Mills or trade Walker IV for a stretch big to alleviate the rotational guard/wing logjam and balance the roster.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    The Sacramento Kings have made the No. 2 pick in the 2018 NBA draft [Marvin Bagley] available for a trade, with the Kings recently being turned down by the Detroit Pistons, having offered Bagley III for promising rookie Saddiq Bey, league sources told Yahoo Sports.
    Man, some of these guys don't have the value I'd think they would (lol taking Bagley over Luka when your GM is from the same country). Also read somewhere that Hawks offered Collins to Minny for Beasley and a pick and were turned down.

With the amount of chatter I'm hoping we see a flurry of trades in the next few days. Still don't think Spurs will be involved though

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At that point, it'd make sense to either not re-sign Mills or trade Walker IV for a stretch big to alleviate the rotational guard/wing logjam and balance the roster.
    I agree with that too and I'd take the option of letting Mills walk.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A couple smaller movements that could be coming that I'm seeing in reports... Clippers are open to paying someone to take Kabengele to give them more wiggle room under the cap...and apparently teams are expecting the Kings to give Bagley away for next to nothing... Detroit turned down a Bagley for Bey swap...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information