Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But why? Their cap situation is alright. They can comfortably re-sign Holmes and use the MLE while staying under the lux tax. Trading someone for a better fit is clearly needed for them to improve but they’re definitely not doing that for a TE.
    You’d have to ask them that question, but they were seriously shopping both at the deadline. As time goes by, they’ll need to move them more, as extensions for their young players kick in, and as teams realize that, they’ll have to attach more to move Hield, and get less for Barnes.

Lonnie would look really good in Sacto. He can’t help them win, of course, because his game isn’t good enough, but on a team with little structure, he’ll LOOK really good, splashing 3 pointers and dunking. He’s a nice kid, and will sell some tickets for them. It also won’t hurt that he and Fox are boyz.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But why? Their cap situation is alright. They can comfortably re-sign Holmes and use the MLE while staying under the lux tax. Trading someone for a better fit is clearly needed for them to improve but they’re definitely not doing that for a TE.
    Like ex said you'd have to ask them...we know they were shopping him and we know they didn't get and good offers for him. My guess is that they realize if they run this team back they'll miss the playoffs again. They probably need to shake things up to sell tickets and give the team a chance to win by having a different makeup. That doesn't mean we will get him. But, somebody will and so far nobody has offered anything significant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like ex said you'd have to ask them...we know they were shopping him and we know they didn't get and good offers for him. My guess is that they realize if they run this team back they'll miss the playoffs again. They probably need to shake things up to sell tickets and give the team a chance to win by having a different makeup. That doesn't mean we will get him. But, somebody will and so far nobody has offered anything significant.
    Sure but none of this suggests they’ll look to trade for TEs. They’ll want a first round pick at least and I don’t see the Spurs being in a position to trade any future firsts with a full rebuild looming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure but none of this suggests they’ll look to trade for TEs. They’ll want a first round pick at least and I don’t see the Spurs being in a position to trade any future firsts with a full rebuild looming.
    I’m not suggesting a first round pick.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would have to be something like Murray/DDR/Vassell for Rozier/Hayward/2021 1st Rd. But both teams won’t want to give up that much and both over value their players
    oh god none of that. Pass pass pass

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't suggest they'd give him away for a TE...just that they'll trade him for a small asset.... a late rd 1st is certainly within that scope...LW is as well.... and to be clear I'm not saying we'll get him or even try to get him... I'm just speaking generally of their position and what his market is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad part is we won’t even get this “ ty” player, I’m banking on demar gay and wombat returning

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar is just as likely to come back as Forbes and belinelli were last summer

My Team
    Washington Wizards
    Post Count
    Can you imagine the hard D a Dejounte/Oubre backcourt would generate? Absolute stiffling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can you imagine the hard D a Dejounte/Oubre backcourt would generate? Absolute stiffling.
    . Oubre is a hard negative on defense. He’s been net negative for DBPM every year of his career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I see Oubre doing is taking minutes away from Vassell... I just don't see the point of it. He's not good enough to move the needle, & will cost too much. Furkan Korkmaz is younger, will be cheaper, and is a better 3pt shooter.

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...&p2yrfrom=2021

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I see Oubre doing is taking minutes away from Vassell... I just don't see the point of it. He's not good enough to move the needle, & will cost too much. Furkan Korkmaz is younger, will be cheaper, and is a better 3pt shooter.

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_...&p2yrfrom=2021
    Oubre has like 4” over Vassell. I think it’s possible he’ll take up Rudy Gay’s role (again, if the rumor even is true). An ISO scorer off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar is just as likely to come back as Forbes and belinelli were last summer
    Hopefully.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oubre has like 4” over Vassell. I think it’s possible he’ll take up Rudy Gay’s role (again, if the rumor even is true). An ISO scorer off the bench.
    How big do you think Vassell is and how big do you think Oubre is?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How big do you think Vassell is and how big do you think Oubre is?
    DeMar looks like he has an inch over both Keldon and Vassell, while Oubre matched up with Keldon this past season and looked like he had 2-3” over him.

So Vassell is probably 6’6”, while Oubre is like 6’9”.

Edit: just looked and Oubre is listed as 6’7”? Maybe my eyes are deceiving me. Could probably be that Oubre has a long neck giving the illusion of being tall.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 06-14-2021 at 12:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar looks like he has an inch over both Keldon and Vassell, while Oubre matched up with Keldon this past season and looked like he had 2-3” over him.

So Vassell is probably 6’6”, while Oubre is like 6’9”.

Edit: just looked and Oubre is listed as 6’7”? Maybe my eyes are deceiving me. Could probably be that Oubre has a long neck giving the illusion of being tall.
    You’re pretty size obsessed, but Oubre is listed on bbref as 6’7”.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oubre on the Spurs would get a ton of PF minutes. He'd probably start and swing with Johnson over who they'd count as what. As a whole, he's played a fair bit of PF in the league over his career. He wouldn't be Rudy Gay though, as Gay has been a full-on big rather than a combo-forward for the past three years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re pretty size obsessed, but Oubre is listed on bbref as 6’7”.
    I’m size obsessed because the guy asked me a question and I answered it? Wut lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see both guys listed at 6'7" and multiple photos on the internet of him standing side by side with Steph seem to indicate that's pretty accurate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outside of Wiseman, Oubre had the worst metrics on Golden State, and that's with the gravity of Steph. His advanced stats make Andrew Wiggins look like Manu. Letting DeMar walk and replacing him with Oubre seems like a monumental step sideways, and a less than optimal use of valuable salary space. DeRozan & Oubre together would be a disaster.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 06-14-2021 at 01:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m size obsessed because the guy asked me a question and I answered it? Wut lol
    No, it’s kind of a constant with you. You’ll go off on a whole tangent about how two guys listed at the same height aren’t, or how a player listed as 1” taller is actually 1” shorter than the other guy. You also see photos as some sort of proof, when one player being even 2-3” closer to the camera, which is very hard to detect, can totally skew the perspective. The only kind of group photo that you can truly derive any kind of comparative heights from is a police lineup where they have the height hash marks right behind each of the people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, it’s kind of a constant with you. You’ll go off on a whole tangent about how two guys listed at the same height aren’t, or how a player listed as 1” taller is actually 1” shorter than the other guy. You also see photos as some sort of proof, when one player being even 2-3” closer to the camera, which is very hard to detect, can totally skew the perspective. The only kind of group photo that you can truly derive any kind of comparative heights from is a police lineup where they have the height hash marks right behind each of the people.
    Eh, each poster has their own quirk. If it bothers you so much, put me on ignore. You have reading comprehension sometimes, you don’t see me writing a whole paragraph about it. I put emphasis on writing out “I think” or “it looks like” to make sure people understand I’m not 100% certain about something (because like you said, they are just ing photos) and that I’m merely pointing out an observation, so not sure why it’s such an issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of analyzing for listed heights that appear accurate: Vassell and Keldon both are listed as 6’5”, Demar at 6’6”, and Oubre is 6’7”. Oubre has a larger wingspan too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of analyzing for listed heights that appear accurate: Vassell and Keldon both are listed as 6’5”, Demar at 6’6”, and Oubre is 6’7”. Oubre has a larger wingspan too.
    Vassell is listed in multiple places at 6'7", a few at 6'6", and fewer at 6'5". Why do you think the 6'5" listing is accurate?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, given it was my Q that started this little tiff, I will put my 2 cents in. I'd rather see us playing with a real PF, rather than a wing playing up (as we did last year with Keldon and Demar).

Thread Information