Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    He even beats out Clarence Thomas.
    Theyre both nutcases in their own way. In this year’s opinions Alito was definitely worse tho.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did you read the fkn case and its outcome?

google supreme court double jeopardy federal state
    I'm asking you, are liberals for or against double jeopardy?

It's not a tough question.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I’m against double jeopardy but can’t speak for other libs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raising a stink about his nomination in 2018 was such a politically stupid thing for the senate Dems to do, it probably cost them the 2018 Florida governor and Florida senate race.
    I'm not sure I agree with that, but what Republicans did with Obama and Merrick Garland basically guaranteed that Democrats would to go to war over ANY Republican nominations in order to appease or at least think they were appeasing their own political base that wanted revenge over it.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm asking you, are liberals for or against double jeopardy?

It's not a tough question.
    How would I know, read the case.
    It went deeper than double jeopardy jar head...
    It IS interesting BECAUSE it was difficult to categorize.
    Get it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure I agree with that, but what Republicans did with Obama and Merrick Garland basically guaranteed that Democrats would to go to war over ANY Republican nominations in order to appease or at least think they were appeasing their own political base that wanted revenge over it.
    Total and complete hypocrisy on the part of the red team and Mitch McConnell cramming thru a vote on Barrett.
    They wont live that one down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Total and complete hypocrisy on the part of the red team and Mitch McConnell cramming thru a vote on Barrett.
    They wont live that one down.
    The only norm Mitch preserved was the filibuster because of how much he loves it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would I know, read the case.
    It went deeper than double jeopardy jar head...
    It IS interesting BECAUSE it was difficult to categorize.
    Get it?
    It's a straight forward question. No article reading required.
    You for or against double jeopardy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a straight forward question. No article reading required.
    You for or against double jeopardy?
    I dont know it in this case, its subtle.
    Did you read it? What do you think?
    And you asked what liberals thought... the article has how all the justices voted so you decide.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m against double jeopardy but can’t speak for other libs.
    So, do you condemn calls from the leftist pundits in the controlled media calling for George Zimmerman to face double jeopardy?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read the first paragraph. Sounds like SCOTUS talking out of their asses again, saying that somehow one offense can count as two separate offenses.

You for double jeopardy?

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    So, do you condemn calls from the leftist pundits in the controlled media calling for George Zimmerman to face double jeopardy?
    Didn’t know that was happening but yes absolutely. I hate Zimmerman and think he should be in jail but a jury of his peers disagreed with me and he should be put back on trial for that.

(separately, I’m not even sure what would change in a new trial…it’s not like there’s new evidence we didn’t have back then, it’d be the exact same trial all over again)

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn’t know that was happening but yes absolutely. I hate Zimmerman and think he should be in jail but a jury of his peers disagreed with me and he should be put back on trial for that.

(separately, I’m not even sure what would change in a new trial…it’s not like there’s new evidence we didn’t have back then, it’d be the exact same trial all over again)
    I think some of them were trying to pull sh** in the pgardn article. They wanted to say that it was a 'civil rights' (hate crime) and thus eligible for a second trial.

I agree that these are bs tactics and are unAmerican. People don't understand that stuff has to be done a right way the first time or sloppy a-holes will just terrorize people.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I think some of them were trying to pull sh** in the pgardn article. They wanted to say that it was a 'civil rights' (hate crime) and thus eligible for a second trial.

I agree that these are bs tactics and are unAmerican. People don't understand that stuff has to be done a right way the first time or sloppy a-holes will just terrorize people.
    Well it wouldn’t be double jeopardy if the federal government charged him with a hate crime (didn’t realize that’s what you are talking about) but I still wouldn’t agree with it. The incident happened roughly a decade ago IIRC, unless some new evidence has been recently unearthed the justice department shouldn’t go after Zim a decade later just for the sake of winning culture war points.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I also don’t see how there’s sufficient evidence of a hate crime. Just because Zimmerman is undoubtedly a racist asshole doesn’t mean you can bring federal charges.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read the first paragraph. Sounds like SCOTUS talking out of their asses again, saying that somehow one offense can count as two separate offenses.

You for double jeopardy?
    Talking out of their asses because you can’t see the complication. Just one. What about State v. Federal; are you against States rights?
    You read the.... Yeah, lazy ass does not get it. So you won’t be a lawyer or judge, that’s cool with me.
    You think this is straightforward Judge Derpwad?

I don’t know IN THIS CASE.

Look derp, I can find you another where judges considered conservative vote with judges considered liberal. I can find you many of them. They are NOT easy. You want the case for rights to specific DNA sequences?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well it wouldn’t be double jeopardy if the federal government charged him with a hate crime (didn’t realize that’s what you are talking about) but I still wouldn’t agree with it. The incident happened roughly a decade ago IIRC, unless some new evidence has been recently unearthed the justice department shouldn’t go after Zim a decade later just for the sake of winning culture war points.
    They wanted to try him for murder a second time. It's double jeopardy. The govt. shouldn't be doing word play.
    But even they decided it was a bridge too far (this time); they already had taken on enough notoriety by doing the case the first time with fake witnesses and everything already.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also don’t see how there’s sufficient evidence of a hate crime. Just because Zimmerman is undoubtedly a racist asshole doesn’t mean you can bring federal charges.
    You remember all the rhetoric; he described him as a black guy on the 911 call; and NBC did their edit as well. So, he was surely racist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my main deal with hate crimes prosecution on the criminal side is that it enhances penalties based on intent, when the underlying behavior is usually a very serious crime all by itself.

otoh when serious crimes fail to be prosecuted, it makes sense that there should be a civil remedy in federal courts where local justice failed for corrupt or cultural reasons.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my main deal with hate crimes prosecution on the criminal side is that it enhances penalties based on intent, when the underlying behavior is usually a very serious crime all by itself.

otoh when serious crimes fail to be prosecuted, it makes sense that there should be a civil remedy in federal courts where local justice failed for corrupt or cultural reasons.
    Ya think? Hate crime is a political tool. We've known this.
    Murder is murder; it doesn't matter one damn bit if the guy was racist or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad, but ultimately true.
    lmao. anyone .002% to the left of Mussolini is a lib to you guys

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lmao. anyone .002% to the left of Mussolini is a lib to you guys
    Then the remaining % shouldn't wear sheep's clothing, Is. See, by having President Trump in there we finally found the truth, as bitter as it is. We su ion-ed, yes. But thru President Trump we confirmed those su ions,,,only the truth remains.

So, if "the left of Mussolini" can survive their convictions, so be it. I just pray they cannot.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ya think? Hate crime is a political tool. We've known this.
    Murder is murder; it doesn't matter one damn bit if the guy was racist or not.
    Spurts

His finest hour has been since I retur...uh, uh, uh, since I been here from the very first day.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Being as it's Friday, Winester, am I still in the ter?

Thread Information