Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a permanent DST experiment in the early 1970s, two big gripes were that international aviation schedules got screwed up because we failed to inform foreign carriers about the change, and kids waiting in the dark for schoolbuses.

The bill would make DST permanent in 2023.

https://www.axios.com/daylight-savin...b30f32136.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have been passed 20 years ago.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rather have standard time permanent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have been passed 20 years ago.
    I'm indifferent; I would welcome permanent standard time just the same. Switching back and forth has always felt screwy to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have the daylight in the afternoon myself. I kinda like getting up in the dark and watching the sunrise

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I'm indifferent; I would welcome permanent standard time just the same. Switching back and forth has always felt screwy to me.
    I miss that part of Arizona, not having to change the clocks twice a year.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm not a morning person so I don't care if it's light or dark in the morning, but I definitely prefer still having daylight at 6pm.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow this is actually going to become law. Thank god, I hate the time changes and how much it s with your body's internal clock for a week or two after every one.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to how is already done in the rest of the world.

I always hated this .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a permanent DST experiment in the early 1970s, two big gripes were that international aviation schedules got screwed up because we failed to inform foreign carriers about the change, and kids waiting in the dark for schoolbuses.

The bill would make DST permanent in 2023.

https://www.axios.com/daylight-savin...b30f32136.html
    What about GMT? That would ensure biased US racial parity of blue states is removed.

Wait, no, I was playing with a Ouija board and channeling the evil spirit of a fat-handed poster "B."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow this is actually going to become law. Thank god, I hate the time changes and how much it s with your body's internal clock for a week or two after every one.

Yup, it usually takes me a week to adjust to it

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah standard time, I'm still getting adjusted to it right now, had a hard last few days sleep-cycle wise because of it.

Why not just make it applicable immediately instead of having fall-back in 2022? I don't get why they would wait two more cycles of clock-changing for it to take effect.

Yeah but AZ uses standard time only not DST.

I wonder if this law would take effect for all 50 states including AZ, so AZ would have to observe DST all year round as well?

Rather have standard time permanent.
    Nah, standard time. getting dark before 5pm in the winter time

I'm not a morning person so I don't care if it's light or dark in the morning, but I definitely prefer still having daylight at 6pm.
    I'd rather have the daylight in the afternoon myself. I kinda like getting up in the dark and watching the sunrise
    Winner winner chicken dinner. it getting light too early and double having to go inside at 5pm or 6pm depending on how far north you are. You end up feeling like going to bed too early and it messes up the daily routine.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    & we miss you, fart face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully it will be permanent law effective across the USA including Arizona so I don't have to change my car clock every time I want to go to the Grand Canyon or Flagstaff or something. #Abolish the 10th.

This is a huge win for the upper North central time areas like Chicago, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Fargo, etc. more than anyone else probably. Getting dark at 4:25pm is the absolute pits if you've ever been in Wisconsin near or just before Christmas time like I have.

The bill passed the Senate unanimously, so if it passes the House with over 67% approval then it doesn't matter what Biden thinks of it.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather not be charged "primetime" energy rates until 9 or 10 pm.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'd rather not be charged "primetime" energy rates until 9 or 10 pm.
    Christ, Lee, that's your first cogent post since like a long time.

Congratulations.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Hooray, politicians finally doing something beneficial for our lives.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yeah but AZ uses standard time only not DST.

I wonder if this law would take effect for all 50 states including AZ, so AZ would have to observe DST all year round as well?
    I'm almost sure that if this law takes effect in all 50 states, AZ would just follow along. DST would become the new "standard time" so to speak.

I think the only reason AZ doesn't do DST is because it think the changing clocks twice a year is stupid while it's pretty indifferent to whether standard time or DST is what becomes the time year-round.

Arizona should actually go on DST full time too...one of the worst parts of AZ summers is how early in the day it'd get insufferably hot.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I'm almost sure that if this law takes effect in all 50 states, AZ would just follow along. DST would become the new "standard time" so to speak.

I think the only reason AZ doesn't do DST is because it think the changing clocks twice a year is stupid while it's pretty indifferent to whether standard time or DST is what becomes the time year-round.

Arizona should actually go on DST full time too...one of the worst parts of AZ summers is how early in the day it'd get insufferably hot.
    ...it's cooled somewhat since you took your hot air out of here, Will.

Bye.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    People with kids need daylight. Adults not so much. Having a baby, we need more daylight to be outdoors and stuff. I agree as a family man.
    Your poor wife.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't get checks from the government Thread.
    I'm short 2 of 'em myself. Your Biden copped 'em on a lie outta those 2 Georgia Senate races.

Big shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow such pressing issues.... Congress is a ing waste and they all need to be indicted on ing us Americans time and time again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I hope so, the sun woke me up too damn early when I stayed on Mount Humphreys peak last summer, and yeah... more daylight after work, more pool time in AZ hot summers just makes more sense than standard time all year.

But this local Arizona article seems to think otherwise:

https://www.azfamily.com/2022/03/15/...ime-permanent/

"
    If passed, the legislation wouldn’t change anything in Arizona, except for the area within the Navajo Reservation, a small Navajo Nation territory within the Hopi Nation, and another Hopi area still observes DST. Daylight saving time resumed for most of the rest of America over the weekend, with people setting their clocks one hour ahead. Daylight time is in effect from 2 a.m. on the second Sunday in March through 2 a.m. on the first Sunday of November. Reuters reported if the bill is signed into law, the change will not take place until November 2023.
    "

and this one doesn't mention AZ change one way or the other: https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/se...time-permanent

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I just watched Rubio enter the bill for the Senate about freaking time someone did this but can you imagine it something as easy as this took this much time hopefully finally get passed as it still has to go through the house

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I just watched Rubio enter the bill for the Senate about freaking time someone did this but can you imagine it something as easy as this took this much time hopefully finally get passed as it still has to go through the house
    Rubio's been trying to get it done for years.

The House just need to pass with >~67% majority to override a possible Biden veto.

Thread Information