Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And I bet that the democrats who agree with this are republicans pretending to be democrats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Presenting the OG "Q"

Can't expect people to not have flighty notions when they believe in biblical .

Interestingly enough, the same people here who espouse "follow the science" also believe this .

What's the lesson? If enough people believe bull , it becomes truth.

Why does it matter?

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC: "WHATABOUTTHISOTHERTHINGIWANTTODISTRACTYOUWITH ?"

Your party is a bunch of conspire s and you love them.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Presenting the OG "Q"

Can't expect people to not have flighty notions when they believe in biblical .

Interestingly enough, the same people here who espouse "follow the science" also believe this .

What's the lesson? If enough people believe bull , it becomes truth.

Why does it matter?

glad to see that my country only has 15% of cultists, still too much but better than 60%

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Figure 2. Systematic Racism Theories

Flip red & blue

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Figure 2. Systematic Racism Theories
    you don't know what critical race theory is either. You were just told to be angry about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got people admitting they did something because a voice in their head they consider the voice of a supernatural being told them to. Maybe some people call their inner thoughts the words of God if those thoughts can be rationalized using biblical text, but we all know where that can lead.

So what's crazier..

1. Votes were stolen, that patriotic people need to fight back to restore the country, that a group a wealthy elites run the world and simultaneously share underage kids for sexual escapades

or

2. An invisible omniscient being created everything to farm human souls so they can worship said being. Said being also killed said humans, except that one family he put on a boat. Said being then impregnated a virgin who just happened to be travelling with a male companion, with the plan of letting said humans torture and kill that offspring so that the omniscient being could forgive the same humans for being as he created them. And if you admit this happened, you'll go to an eternal glory land else you'll burn in eternal fire for being born.

60% believe some level of number 2. Much fewer believe number 1 but somehow number 1 has people in an uproar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people believe in God, ghosts, goblins, spirits, the afterlife and conspiracy theories? Two common threads running through these belief systems are what skeptic Michael Shermer in his insightful book “The Believing Brain” calls “patternicity” and “agenticity”. As the names indicate, patternicity refers to seeing meaningful patterns in meaningless noise. Agenticity refers to seeing mysterious but palpable causal ‘agents’, puppet masters who pull the strings and bring about unexplained phenomena. God is probably the perfect example of an agent.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...ave-in-common/

"But you cannot know everything so why not God?" -pgardn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC defending his Q s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Someone really trying to be noticed

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Winehole admitted he was tipsy. Tipsy is a euphemism for drunk. You are a liar, I have illustrated this by showing your self contradicting statements. This isn't even debatable.
    You dont understand what an expert in a narrow field is and generally good knowledge of a science.
    You can twist and turn my words all you want. but you flat out dont know the whole of science as well as I do and it hurts.

All Because you dreamt you wrote an article for Popular Science? (lie or truth; Im calling former) And then you gave me an article from Psychology Today, flat out did not understand it, and then proved you have no clue on the difference between genetic traits and traits due to environmental factors. The list of your gaffes is immense so you try to pry your way out and I enjoy your struggle, mainly just because... well... you are the consummate asshole.

Keep going. Its not like its a big deal. I dont know trucks, guns or gaming or... there is lots of stuff I dont know well; why dont you concentrate on these things to secure a W.
    Nah forget it. I will say I dont know and then where will you be left? Just quit pretending and spouting off about stuff you dont know. And then struggling to extricate yourself through my spelling errors or just disingenuous interpretation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont understand what an expert in a narrow field is and generally good knowledge of a science.
    You can twist and turn my words all you want. but you flat out dont know the whole of science as well as I do and it hurts.

All Because you dreamt you wrote an article for Popular Science? (lie or truth; Im calling former) And then you gave me an article from Psychology Today, flat out did not understand it, and then proved you have no clue on the difference between genetic traits and traits due to environmental factors. The list of your gaffes is immense so you try to pry your way out and I enjoy your struggle, mainly just because... well... you are the consummate asshole.

Keep going. Its not like its a big deal. I dont know trucks, guns or gaming or... there is lots of stuff I dont know well; why dont you concentrate on these things to secure a W.
    Nah forget it. I will say I dont know and then where will you be left? Just quit pretending and spouting off about stuff you dont know. And then struggling to extricate yourself through my spelling errors or just disingenuous interpretation.
    So you wont admit you dont know what abortion means.
    Good deal. Mrs. Crutchfield cant handle her tactics of misspelling error ass smelling. But she can completely not understand a commonly used word. Abortion dumb fck, you dont abort a 5 yo kid, you know, already born? You want to argue what born and pregnant mean?

Neophytes? wtf are you, just dumb?

Physics prowess... I dont know physics that well.
    I am a molecular biology guy, remember... the Nobel Prize you gave me...

Keep going.
    Well that’s wonderful because you feel wrong.

And the feeling is more than mutual because you have lied your ass off.
    If you were really interested in stuff I would love to show you around, but I can see a chump picture situation occurring because you are paranoid. And I bet you would love to show me around as well.

you seem to forget you asked me what I did and I summarized it. The other stuff I know about gas under pressure freezing is not my area of expertise. But I do understand the basics and you were just dead wrong. I am not an expert because I understand -295 under STP. The P is the important part which you just totally didn’t get. I have a pretty good grasp on biology chemistry and physics. But I am very narrow in the specifics of what I do, you should understand this if you really do what you say you do. You just get bent out of shape because I have trashed your science before. And you have the gall to use me as the expert in an argument with RG... did you even check my response to see if it was correct based on what you can read?
    You just can't help yourself. I'll pray for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC noticing every post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WINEHOLE23 HAS BEEN DRINKING!

DRINKING, I SAIDDD!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am no longer tipsy, but your pompous evasions and strawmanning are still hilarious.
    WINEHOLE23 HAS BEEN DRINKING!

DRINKING, I SAIDDD!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All caps = facetiois

I was making fun of you, genius.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You just can't help yourself. I'll pray for you.
    I dont know physics well enough to be an engineer in a particular area, or have a great knowledge of modern physics such as the General theory or quantum mechanics. To really know these well you have got to understand very difficult math. I could ask almost anyone what would happen if... and set up a situation that they would not be able to answer if they had merely read Stephen Hawking or Niel D. or any other popular science writer. I know enough to know what I do not know and what others that like science probably dont know but are really good at something very narrow.

You cant even say this.

I have a good grasp on all 3 sciences. I have a very good hold on molecular biology in a narrow field.
    What do you not get, oh master of the vacuum? How many ways do I need to say this.
    Just because I have punched you in the face numerous times on your understanding of science you got a piece of lumber on your shoulder and I must say... I love it. Just shut the fck up if you dont know something. Why get involved and then get pile driven and then have to fall back on grammatical arguments?

Keep going. Old fart...

And keep bolding the parts you want noticed without reading the rest. I have said basically the same thing over and over to you. But you keep up with your old man child games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All caps = facetiois

I know. You're dismissing your alcoholism by pretending I imagined it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All caps = facetiois

Thats the OCD kicking in.
    Next thing he will be asking for you to write in a different font he prefers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know physics well enough to be an engineer in a particular area, or have a great knowledge of modern physics such as the General theory or quantum mechanics. To really know these well you have got to understand very difficult math. I could ask almost anyone what would happen if... and set up a situation that they would not be able to answer if they had merely read Stephen Hawking or Niel D. or any other popular science writer. I know enough to know what I do not know and what others that like science probably dont know but are really good at something very narrow.

You cant even say this.

I have a good grasp on all 3 sciences. I have a very good hold on molecular biology in a narrow field.
    What do you not get, oh master of the vacuum? How many ways do I need to say this.
    Just because I have punched you in the face numerous times on your understanding of science you got a piece of lumber on your shoulder and I must say... I love it. Just shut the fck up if you dont know something. Why get involved and then get pile driven and then have to fall back on grammatical arguments?

Keep going. Old fart...

And keep bolding the parts you want noticed without reading the rest. I have said basically the same thing over and over to you. But you keep up with your old man child games.
    I know it pretty good
    I don't know it very well

What I don't know, God did it
    I am agnostic

signed
    pgardn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do people believe in God, ghosts, goblins, spirits, the afterlife and conspiracy theories? Two common threads running through these belief systems are what skeptic Michael Shermer in his insightful book “The Believing Brain” calls “patternicity” and “agenticity”. As the names indicate, patternicity refers to seeing meaningful patterns in meaningless noise. Agenticity refers to seeing mysterious but palpable causal ‘agents’, puppet masters who pull the strings and bring about unexplained phenomena. God is probably the perfect example of an agent.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...ave-in-common/

"But you cannot know everything so why not God?" -pgardn
    Again absolutely disingenuous paraphrasing.
    It makes sense to me people fall back on this.
    AND... most importantly, religion and philosophy, ya dumb , helps people approach moral and ethical questions which science does not lend itself to. And lastly, if you think science will solve everything with les like "The God Particle" you are fooling yourself. Science WILL NOT solve everything like you think it will. Because WE invented it, apes invented this. Apes evolved for life on the plains and trees of Africa. So you keep up with your RELIGION of man as all knowing.

You are a most disingenuous old fck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know it pretty good
    I don't know it very well

What I don't know, God did it
    I am agnostic

signed
    pgardn
    Yeah exactly Mrs. Crutchfield.
    Tell us about how you can measure wind in braille again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again absolutely disingenuous paraphrasing.
    It makes sense to me people fall back on this.
    AND... most importantly, religion and philosophy, ya dumb , helps people approach moral and ethical questions which science does not lend itself to. And lastly, if you think science will solve everything with les like "The God Particle" you are fooling yourself. Science WILL NOT solve everything like you think it will. Because WE invented it, apes invented this. Apes evolved for life on the plains and trees of Africa. So you keep up with your RELIGION of man as all knowing.

You are a most disingenuous old fck.
    Science won't help us solve everything

ergo

God

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Science won't help us solve everything

ergo

God

YOU: Science will lead us to know everything
    Me: No way, I see why people believe in a god or gods or the spaghetti monster. We are apes with limitations.
    YOU: Pgardn believes Jesus is white.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got people admitting they did something because a voice in their head they consider the voice of a supernatural being told them to. Maybe some people call their inner thoughts the words of God if those thoughts can be rationalized using biblical text, but we all know where that can lead.

So what's crazier..

1. Votes were stolen, that patriotic people need to fight back to restore the country, that a group a wealthy elites run the world and simultaneously share underage kids for sexual escapades

or

2. An invisible omniscient being created everything to farm human souls so they can worship said being. Said being also killed said humans, except that one family he put on a boat. Said being then impregnated a virgin who just happened to be travelling with a male companion, with the plan of letting said humans torture and kill that offspring so that the omniscient being could forgive the same humans for being as he created them. And if you admit this happened, you'll go to an eternal glory land else you'll burn in eternal fire for being born.

60% believe some level of number 2. Much fewer believe number 1 but somehow number 1 has people in an uproar.
    Republicans believe both 1 and 2 at a higher percentage than Democrats. So which party has more crazies?

Thread Information