Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't be surprised. Having the best player in the series (Luka > current Kwitter) is always a good start on winning it...
    Kawhi is better than Luka when he wants to play defense because Luka usually doesn't play on that end but Carlisle is a better coach than Lue and that helps.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka is maybe 50% and their shooters have gone COLD. This ends in 6.
    There is a chance their shooters get hot again and playoff P becomes No show P and there is Carlisle who's clearly better than Lue, he gonna come up with something new.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are the clippers even legit this year? Paul George is easily most overrated stat stuffer of this era. Or is it just the Mavs were over hyped

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are the clippers even legit this year? Paul George is easily most overrated stat stuffer of this era. Or is it just the Mavs were over hyped
    they could come out of the west tbh, but I dont see them being champs. I also dont know who hyped the Mavs. Its clear as day that that team is Luka and a bunch of Gleaguers. They can get hot, but just as that they also get cold and the bed for weeks. Most of the 3s they were making were also just cause of Luka passing to these scrubs or cause he was double teamed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have this weird feeling that the Mavs will pull this off, i think they're gonna win tonight. Carlisle is gonna figure something out.
    GOAT take tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have this weird feeling that the Mavs will pull this off, i think they're gonna win tonight. Carlisle is gonna figure something out.
    it was the boban

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Carlisle gave us fits for years, Lue is easy work for him tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it was the boban
    It helped that Kawhi, No-show P and playoff Rondo lol, turn the ball over so many times.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka was obviously hurt for most of the games in Dallas.

he came out early in game 5 and looked like his normal self. The losses had nothing to do with adjustments on the clippers part, and everything to do with the best player on the floor not being himself.

If Luka is good to go the mavs are a better team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

he came out early in game 5 and looked like his normal self. The losses had nothing to do with adjustments on the clippers part, and everything to do with the best player on the floor not being himself.

I disagree, Kawhi is the better player when healthy and in good conditioning and it's pretty obvious that kawhi's body isn't ready for playoffs due to his lingering ingury and his lack of preparation because of it and it seems that it's gonna get worse going forward because i see no great stamina for a top bball player and when that happens he's not a two way player any more. Having said that, Clippers gonna win game 6

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi was the better player. Luca has passed him by.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty ballsy of Carlisle to play Boban and Porzingis at the same time a little. I don't think it worked per se, but it gave the Clips something to adjust to & worry about, and then when Powell subbed in for Boban the Mavs went on that incredible run to end the 3rd quarter.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 06-03-2021 at 11:11 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Exactly my thought. We'll see how game 6 turns out.

But this reminds me of everyone talking about how great of a comeback Golden State did in 2017 in Game 1 of the WCF after being down 23 pts. I'm like umm...you do realize the comeback had nothing to do with y'all "getting it together" and everything with Kawhi getting hurt.

This also reminds me of spurs/rockets 1995. every road team winning the first 5 games until game 6.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I disagree, Kawhi is the better player when healthy and in good conditioning and it's pretty obvious that kawhi's body isn't ready for playoffs due to his lingering ingury and his lack of preparation because of it and it seems that it's gonna get worse going forward because i see no great stamina for a top bball player and when that happens he's not a two way player any more. Having said that, Clippers gonna win game 6
    put Kawhi od the mavs and they dont make the playoffs. Put Luka on Clippers and they're the same or even better. Luka is Dallas. Without him the only sure thing is that they are the worst team in the NBA. If Kawhi was in top form and still playing defense, then perhaps he'd be better, but as long as he's just a scorer he cant be better.

Mavericks OffRtg with Luka On Court: 124.7
    Mavericks OffRtg with Luka Off Court: 36.4
    That's a difference of 88.3 points per 100 possessions.

Anyway, i still think Clips win in 7, as Dallas just doesnt have enough fire power.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pretty ballsy of Carlisle to play Boban and Porzingis at the same time a little. I don't think it worked per se, but it gave the Clips something to adjust to & worry about, and then when Powell subbed in for Boban the Mavs went on that incredible run to end the 3rd quarter.
    ass refs letting Clippers swat and claw Boban was total bull .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That phucking up the 10 point lead tho.

Doncic looked tired the last 5 minutes. Mavs are soo clueless offensively without him.

Porzy with the lazy defense.

Pulling for Mavs 100% but not discounting their ability to f up game 6 and 7.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George with the bads on D at crucial time.
    This following shot coming just after Playoff Pee turned the ball over (1 of 2 in a row). Clips had cut the lead from 13 to 4 and momentum was clearly in their favor.
    I mean excellent shot by Hardaway, but look at George turn completely around and lose him, thus when Hardaway catches the ball he's got 6 feet between them
    Stream Play of the Day: Tim Hardaway Jr. Here | NBA.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That phucking up the 10 point lead tho.

Doncic looked tired the last 5 minutes. Mavs are soo clueless offensively without him.

Porzy with the lazy defense.

Pulling for Mavs 100% but not discounting their ability to f up game 6 and 7.
    He will always be tired in the 4th, as he has to do everything to just keep Dallas in the game for 3/4. Some of it is also on him, cause he's still not in great shape. But on the end of the day, the Mavs need to get him a second option asap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He was on a roll yesterday, it'll take another game like that and playing 40+m, but he's definitely able to step up and put the Clippers away. I don't know why many on this forum are already anointing the Clips as champions or even Finals presence, they're really vulnerable. I see Mavs in 7, but would love for them to close out next game. Hopefully Porzingis pulls his head out of his ass and acts like he's being paid 30M to play basketball, Luka has no help whatsoever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was on a roll yesterday, it'll take another game like that and playing 40+m, but he's definitely able to step up and put the Clippers away. I don't know why many on this forum are already anointing the Clips as champions or even Finals presence, they're really vulnerable. I see Mavs in 7, but would love for them to close out next game. Hopefully Porzingis pulls his head out of his ass and acts like he's being paid 30M to play basketball, Luka has no help whatsoever.
    It's the reverse jinx bro

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He will always be tired in the 4th, as he has to do everything to just keep Dallas in the game for 3/4. Some of it is also on him, cause he's still not in great shape. But on the end of the day, the Mavs need to get him a second option asap.
    I have more faith in Luka's stamina than kawhis legs... Would we really have been better last year or this year with kawhi on a super max, unavailable a quarter of the season and breaking down playing big minutes in the playoffs? It hurt because him and his uncle trashed everyone but I think spurs dodged a bullet tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have more faith in Luka's stamina than kawhis legs... Would we really have been better last year or this year with kawhi on a super max, unavailable a quarter of the season and breaking down playing big minutes in the playoffs? It hurt because him and his uncle trashed everyone but I think spurs dodged a bullet tbh
    even if Kawhi has a subpar game, I still trust more in Paul George than Porzingis, to show up. Doncic has to play like a god if the Mavs wanna win, while on the other side, Kawhi can have a weak game for his standards and the Clippers will still be in the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    George is better than porzingis true, but Mavs are well coached and are playing their hearts out for Luka, end of the game last night he was tired and the scrubs came through while the clips roleplayers hit big shots as kawhi and pg fell apart.

Kawhi is just going to play worse with every game that passes, if he wasnt mute cancer id feel sorry for him, but regardless how I feel about it this pattern has been going since 2017- he loses strength after each game, as series pass, has amazing first half then fizzles ... his body just can't manage the load

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all i could think of at the start yesterday - was -

no ing way pop would have played boban and porzy together - and the clippers would have blown pops team out while boban rotted on the bench

not even saying boban is the reason - but it changed the entire series after the clippers had gotten comfortable and assumed they KNEW how to beat the mavs and were just basically going with their game plan

until jim carey did some creative coaching

having two 7 footers in a zone was just disruptive enough

pop would have gone with mills/rudy while youngsters watched the mavs win the series...

hope he ing retires

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even if Kawhi has a subpar game, I still trust more in Paul George than Porzingis, to show up. Doncic has to play like a god if the Mavs wanna win, while on the other side, Kawhi can have a weak game for his standards and the Clippers will still be in the game.
    This.
    Even tho both teams made both great plays and boo boo's, the Clips incredibly were in a position to win. 2 ing comebacks, one from 13 to start the 3th and then the hideous 10 point blown lead by the Mavs. Were it not for some stoopid plays by the Clippers they could have actually won while having an average game while Donny was you posted a godlike game.

I had not seen this before i posted above:
    Anyway, i still think Clips win in 7, as Dallas just doesnt have enough fire power.
    Concur. Clips can effectively seize momentum by winning Game 6. Of the two choking casts, i can see Mavcast choking in Game 7 more then Clippercast.
    However, i in no way am pounding the table on this. Mavs can certainly win Game 7. Modern day NBA is highly unpredictable.

Do you also agree the refs hamstring Boban. Some of the calls against Boban were absolutely correct. But the double eye jab, that was some serious bull .

Thread Information