Page 46 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1547
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bro, Lonnie wasn't a lottery pick either lol
    Let put it this way, who is playing more minutes vassel or that rookie from Sacramento kings?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What pissed me of is Pop doesn’t play young guys enough minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let put it this way, who is playing more minutes vassel or that rookie from Sacramento kings?
    I mean, Hali is a much better player right now. This is oranges to apples. What if I went back to you and said this:

Who is playing more minutes, Vassell or that rookie from the Phoenix Suns (drafted before Vassell)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, Hali is a much better player right now. This is oranges to apples. What if I went back to you and said this:

Who is playing more minutes, Vassell or that rookie from the Phoenix Suns (drafted before Vassell)?
    I agree with your point but all I want is for pop to give Luka minutes and develop him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with your point but all I want is for pop to give Luka minutes and develop him.
    Trust me, I do too.

Part of what lowered the frustration for me is knowing the team I root for.

The Spurs taking their time with *some* young players is what they have always done in the past. For them not to do so would be out of character.

So I look forward to what I know the Spurs DO that excites me: if this season continues the way it does then I know the Spurs will have a chance to get a player they like in the draft and I also know the players who are in the way of younger plays right now will be gone. This is the same coach who pushed LMA out of the rotation and off this team because he was a detriment on the court. As a coach, you can't do that to all your players (Rudy, Mills, DeMar) or else you'll run out of players on your roster. I can see it, you can see it. It's just taking as long as it usually does for those players to leave this team. The offseason will be an interesting one, and next season will be too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I see we’re doing that yearly thing where a young player has a breakout performance, rides the bench for an extended period of time while the team loses ball games, he returns to the rotation having not played in weeks and looks lost.

Not gonna fault Luka for that one. Pop has to force failure upon his young players when they don’t bring it upon themselves. Part of the humbling process or some crap.

I wouldn’t mind it so much if we didn’t have to rehash this circular conversation every year.
    I'm getting flashbacks of arguing with bonzos in here on Lonnie and Pop doing this exact same on him.

"But don't you see! When Lonnie gets a random 5m garbage time stretch after not playing the last 3-5 games, he doesn't immediately put up 10 points! He sucks!", or "He sucks so much at practices that Pop doesn't want to throw the actual games away by playing him!", or "Pop is teaching him humbleness by not gifting him minutes, seeing Belinelli make countless mistakes on the court will teach him by example not to make them!", or my favorite, "Pop's just waiting for Lonnie to learn the ropes from the vets, and then he WILL UNLEASH Lonnie! You gotta wait for him to develop in the sidelines!".

Complete bull . Yet another season of over-reliance on vets (and awful vets at that), whilst squandering the development of the prospects who might lift the franchise once again in the future, but probably won't ever get the chance to do so. Now we're left with the final act of "Pop's Developmental Program"........ Luka coming in next season, afraid to make mistakes when he is given minutes after all the he's gone through, and people telling me "You see! He's just a pussy/beta/trash! He was never good or going to develop, that's why Pop didn't play him! It's Luka's fault!".

Can't wait.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy did not have to make it so obvious on that one play where he literally grabbed Luka and made it really obvious in a meaningful way and pulled/pushed Luka to the corner to defend the 3. Luka may have been lost on that defensive assignment but you know what, Rudy misses defensive assignment all the time. How would Rudy feel if Luka or any other teammate for that matter, was to do it to him. Luka should be playing more and most of us know this and I'm sure his teammates and assistant coaches realize it as well. Luka and LW4 should do what's best for them and leave when they become free agents. D. White should be handling the ball more. Patty should not be closing games unless we're down and need a few 3's to try and make the game close. Please don't resign DDR. Let Rudy walk after this season. Resign Patty to the vet minimum and cut his minutes to about 12 mpg and get him ready to become an assistant coach. Hope that Pop breaks the all time winning record by next season so that he can retire and Becky takes over after next season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    these stats remind me of Vassell, just that he has 3 missed shots in that time.
    Well, that would mean that he PUT UP THREE SHOTS. I’m guessing you’re also maybe overlooking some other stuff like rebounds, steals, maybe the odd assist. It’s shameful to call yourself an NBA player and nearly put up a line of zeros in ten minutes. The only time I was this shocked at any young player was looking at a Bulls box score back in the day, seeing Eddy Curry, who WAS a lottery pick, play 30+ and not grab one single ing rebound.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was no 10 minutes game when he was getting consistent minutes... there was a 9 minute game (which I assume you're referring to) but it was after Pop had stopped playing him consistently.

And as far as Tony goes.... it's not comparable to contrast benching him in the finals to this team....that team was very good...this team sucks..if we were contending it would matter if we played Luka...no one would care..
    Pop doesn’t just want to create NBA players. Any fool can do that. He wants to create really good two way NBA players. If your at ude is that we’re not a contender, and probably just a borderline playoff team, so we should just give unproven players minutes regardless, well, congratulations, you’re well on your way to creating the new Sacramento Kings.

The arrogance on this board is astounding. You say that PATFO only does one thing well, player development, and then you proceed to say that you would be better at it, and know more of what should be done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy did not have to make it so obvious on that one play where he literally grabbed Luka and made it really obvious in a meaningful way and pulled/pushed Luka to the corner to defend the 3. Luka may have been lost on that defensive assignment but you know what, Rudy misses defensive assignment all the time. How would Rudy feel if Luka or any other teammate for that matter, was to do it to him. Luka should be playing more and most of us know this and I'm sure his teammates and assistant coaches realize it as well. Luka and LW4 should do what's best for them and leave when they become free agents. D. White should be handling the ball more. Patty should not be closing games unless we're down and need a few 3's to try and make the game close. Please don't resign DDR. Let Rudy walk after this season. Resign Patty to the vet minimum and cut his minutes to about 12 mpg and get him ready to become an assistant coach. Hope that Pop breaks the all time winning record by next season so that he can retire and Becky takes over after next season.
    Rudy did what vets do. He always knows his rotations, but is not the athlete he used to be, so is sometimes late. If he does blow one, you can believe he hears about it from Pop.

Lonnie is getting plenty of time when healthy. He’ll sign an extension next summer. Luka may sign one the following summer, or he may not. He’s not really the Spursy type. That en lement red flag may rear its ugly head. Spurs may also only be able to play one of he and Keldon.

We agree on everything I bolded above. Patty won’t sign for minimum, though, and he stated in the bubble that he’s not interested in coaching.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We agree on everything I bolded above. Patty won’t sign for minimum, though, and he stated in the bubble that he’s not interested in coaching.
    I'm glad you at least agree on all that stuff C-Dub mentioned, but I will ask, if Patty has said he's not interested in coaching and won't take a pay cut, why is he still on the Spurs? Why didn't they try to trade him? I think they could have gotten some value back for him. EricB says stuff that makes me feel like the Spurs FO thinks Patty walks on water and it makes me think they're going to pay him more money than he's worth to return. I really do not want him back. I don't think I even want him back at his pre-50mills contract anymore. I just want him gone.

Edit : not to completely on him, I will say, he was great in the 2014 playoffs in his limited role (he came up big for us, but he was also put in the correct role as the 8th guy on the team), and I also thought he played very good in the 2015 playoffs. In regard to the 2015 playoffs, I feel it's the same story as the youth of today that is on the team. Patty shot well and played well in limited minutes, yet he never got more court time and instead Pop played a hobbled Parker over him. Who knows what trajectory Mills would have taken if he played more that series and we won it due to him shooting lights out. It might have made him a different player. If he failed, the Spurs could have avoided the whole 50mills situation to begin with, but I thought he earned/deserved more minutes in that series with Parker being hurt, but again, Pop just doesn't play players whenever he feels like it. Sometimes, it doesn't seem like performance has anything to do with it.
    Last edited by Ice009; 04-04-2021 at 07:38 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop doesn’t just want to create NBA players. Any fool can do that. He wants to create really good two way NBA players. If your at ude is that we’re not a contender, and probably just a borderline playoff team, so we should just give unproven players minutes regardless, well, congratulations, you’re well on your way to creating the new Sacramento Kings.

The arrogance on this board is astounding. You say that PATFO only does one thing well, player development, and then you proceed to say that you would be better at it, and know more of what should be done.
    That makes no sense and is devoid of reality... you don't grasp human nature or the human psyche.... the choice isn't between being the Kings and being mediocre all the time...there are other choices...it's more nuanced than that. You're looking at this through the mind of an autistic individual....you see raw data but don't have the ability to process the human factor or the human psyche...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy did what vets do. He always knows his rotations, but is not the athlete he used to be, so is sometimes late. If he does blow one, you can believe he hears about it from Pop.

Lonnie is getting plenty of time when healthy. He’ll sign an extension next summer. Luka may sign one the following summer, or he may not. He’s not really the Spursy type. That en lement red flag may rear its ugly head. Spurs may also only be able to play one of he and Keldon.

I think Luka's character concerns are being overstated. He's in a better place now than last season. Dude is embracing coffee gang and is laughing more with teammates this season than at any point last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm glad you at least agree on all that stuff C-Dub mentioned, but I will ask, if Patty has said he's not interested in coaching and won't take a pay cut, why is he still on the Spurs? Why didn't they try to trade him? I think they could have gotten some value back for him. EricB says stuff that makes me feel like the Spurs FO thinks Patty walks on water and it makes me think they're going to pay him more money than he's worth to return. I really do not want him back. I don't think I even want him back at his pre-50mills contract anymore. I just want him gone.

Edit : not to completely on him, I will say, he was great in the 2014 playoffs in his limited role (he came up big for us, but he was also put in the correct role as the 8th guy on the team), and I also thought he played very good in the 2015 playoffs. In regard to the 2015 playoffs, I feel it's the same story as the youth of today that is on the team. Patty shot well and played well in limited minutes, yet he never got more court time and instead Pop played a hobbled Parker over him. Who knows what trajectory Mills would have taken if he played more that series and we won it due to him shooting lights out. It might have made him a different player. If he failed, the Spurs could have avoided the whole 50mills situation to begin with, but I thought he earned/deserved more minutes in that series with Parker being hurt, but again, Pop just doesn't play players whenever he feels like it. Sometimes, it doesn't seem like performance has anything to do with it.
    Patty at a reduced role where he's focused on being a microwave scorer is fine. The Patty now where he's relied on for all the scoring on the team is bad. I'm fine with him returning if he goes back to his initial role. Money isn't an issue to me if the Spurs get all the guys they plan on getting and Patty's contract isn't a hindrance to those plans. Patty can re-sign for $50 mil for all I care, as long as the Spurs get the guys they want. He can off if he s with those plans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty at minimum isn’t a pay cut, it’s an insult. I can see the Spurs making a trade or two for two year contracts, and then signing Patty for two years at something below the MLE, a pay cut. He should not handle the ball, though. Strictly catch and shoot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Patty at minimum isn’t a pay cut, it’s an insult. I can see the Spurs making a trade or two for two year contracts, and then signing Patty for two years at something below the MLE, a pay cut. He should not handle the ball, though. Strictly catch and shoot.
    I guess I could maybe live with that, but I really do think Mills is going to ask for more, and I am worried the Spurs will give it to him if they strike out in whatever plans they have. I am actually liking what you're saying in most of your posts this past day or so hearing your opinion on certain players/Spurs related things.
    Last edited by Ice009; 04-04-2021 at 09:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, Patty understands the score. Of all of the 30 somethingS, I think the younglings like and respect him the most, and he still has one high level NBA skill that is relevant in today’s NBA.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    5 assist , I guess his playmaking he showed in his first summer league is coming back. Still a bad 3 point shooter though. Before anyone accuses pop of destroying his shooting , this was one of his weakness coming in the draft, RC admitted his shooting needs a lot of work.
    Last edited by rankingtear; 04-06-2021 at 05:04 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Based on Luka's latest IG story, he will have even more tats by the start of next season.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah Bryan Forbes was a "Really Good Two Way Player"........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah Bryan Forbes was a "Really Good Two Way Player"........
    You’ll notice that he’s no longer here…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know there is a lot of Mills hate around here, but I wouldn't mind them bringing him back at the right $ amount. If Gay and DDR leave you have a really young team and it would be nice to have a veteran around that can continue to help the team. Patty seems to have a good relationship with a lot of the young players on the team and has ties to the last championship roster. I think Mills becomes every more important to keep around if Pop does retire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know there is a lot of Mills hate around here, but I wouldn't mind them bringing him back at the right $ amount. If Gay and DDR leave you have a really young team and it would be nice to have a veteran around that can continue to help the team. Patty seems to have a good relationship with a lot of the young players on the team and has ties to the last championship roster. I think Mills becomes every more important to keep around if Pop does retire.
    Mills is still relatively young at 32, and can still be very effective with a contender. I hope he stays, but that could mean a big salary cut on his part. It wouldn't be fair to him and his family if he stays.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d honestly rather have Rudy stay. He’s always been a strong advocate for the youngsters, and didn’t fade down the stretch like Patty did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be perfectly happy if Rudy stays. , he nutted up in the play-in game, unlike Demar. Patty, only if in a very reduced role and salary.

Thread Information