Banned
    Name
    D-Steve
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Name the biggest hole, poverty-stricken, dangerous place/neighborhood you've ever been to.

Went through Compton California once before as a kid and it was pretty scary around 7pm IIRC

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    went to a club in oak cliff once with some friends but it wasn't so bad because there were like 10-15 cops on duty outside the club that night in case of emergency and tons of security inside the club..there were dudes wearing all red everywhere though it was pretty gang infested. long story short, those friends never talked me into going there again. black chicks trying to dance all on you and :vomit

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    compton is not that bad tbh especially at 7.

I forgot the exact area, but went through this rough part of Philadelphia.. worst poverty I have seen in the USA tbh...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    visited Baltimore as a kid, it has some rough parts.

I live around Killeen, and tbh, I think it's up there in the hole status. A few years ago I think there was a study that we had worse crime per capita than Dallas or Houston, no joke. It's very mixed ethnically here, but Killeen is at least 30% black, and there are some real ghetto places tbh.

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The Jungle... in Olongopo Phillipines, white guys can only go there if they are with black dubes who let them hang around. There are two major streets in Olongopo the main street and right behind it...The Jungle. Here is where we find those hookers who will do anything for a buck, far more aggressive than the hookers working main street, nasty women. Story goes all the beer is rebottled meaning the beer left in a bottle is poured into a huge container and reworked. You smell piss as if it were a cloud hanging over the street and there were used rubbers all over the place. The danger came from the locals, the Bennie boys who would hit you up for a blow job and get pissed if you disespected them, stabbing were common place. As were butterfly knives used by disgruntled s who felt cheated or clowned. Cool place to visit but wouldn't want to live there.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    visited Baltimore as a kid, it has some rough parts.

I live around Killeen, and tbh, I think it's up there in the hole status. A few years ago I think there was a study that we had worse crime per capita than Dallas or Houston, no joke. It's very mixed ethnically here, but Killeen is at least 30% black, and there are some real ghetto places tbh.
    vouche for that, ya'll usually have a very n!ggerish, pretty decent basketball team as well. we had some good games against you guys tbh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    cool disgusting story that nobody wanted to hear Avante

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    cool disgusting story that nobody wanted to hear Avante
    You actually heard that, that something new?

paste...

The Jungle was one of the four major R& R districts of the city: the other three were all serving the White sailors - Magsaysay Drive, Gordon Avenue and a portion of the National highway in Barrio Barretto. Although the Jungle had the smallest area of the four, it was not entirely lined with bars and night clubs. There were a number of tailoring shops and custom-made shoes stores catering to the demands of the fashion styles of the sailors fondly called Brothers or Brew for short by the locals. There were Filipino barbers specializing in Afro hairstyles. A pioneer pharmacy - Farmacia Del Rosario operated for many years beside to where the Petron Gas station is currently located. There was also a small store selling Magnolia ice cream and Frozen Delights. Across from it was a swedish massage parlor and sauna bath. As a child, I often wondered if the Jungle looked similar to a street in Harlem or in a ghetto.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    vouche for that, ya'll usually have a very n!ggerish, pretty decent basketball team as well. we had some good games against you guys tbh.
    lol sounds about right. i know Dallas and Houston have a lot more crime because you're bigger, but we just have a lot compressed in a small area. But we do produce a lot of good athletes. RG3, Peanut Tillman, etc...both of them are good dudes. I knew Tillman from a close friend and know people who are cool with RG3 and his dad, so not everyone is ghetto.

Banned
    Name
    D-Steve
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Is Killeen= Copperas cove?

We went down there for football my freshman year and got to witness RG3 as a senior all over my school. That town reminds me of the town in Friday night lights...very hick and poor and everyone there jacks off to HS football

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My old neighborhood as a child, the VC's, a public housing project. Seen some crazy , guys face blown off, gang initiations, gun shootouts, gang wars, 8 year old shot in the chest, police brutality, helicopters (ghetto birds) circling shining the lights like Boyz N The Hood on a nightly basis, etc.
    Last edited by SA210; 11-10-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    5th ward wardy

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Is Killeen= Copperas cove?

We went down there for football my freshman year and got to witness RG3 as a senior all over my school. That town reminds me of the town in Friday night lights...very hick and poor and everyone there jacks off to HS football
    Yeah you described Cove pretty well. I meant Killeen metropolitan area, my bad. Killeen itself is actually even tier, more crime ridden. Sometimes you take ghetto for granted, usually when I hang out in Austin it dawns on me the differences. and to be fair, I'm just saying this area is ghetto for Texas standards. I've always heard that parts of Detroit and DC are straight up holes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Lopezville, TX

It's good to avoid driving though this place at night. It's one of the worst holes in the RGV.

the frothy mixture Rick Santorum's Avatar
    Name
    Rick Santorum
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Washington Wizards
    Making the wrong turn after going to an Orioles game and driving through the slums of Baltimore easily. Easily the most run down city I've ever been in.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I feel like I haven't lived, I've been to numerous countries as well as mostly through Australia and haven't really been anywhere dangerous.

Planning on going to world cup in 2014 in Brazil, anyone been there and have any stories?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Auburn Tigers
    Probably the wards in NO pre-Katrina. Or Richmond, California

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Ole Miss Rebels
    South Memphrica. Not even Graceland can save that place from being in such poor shape. I go for the BBQ occasionally which is excellent.

Baton Rouge as a whole.

Banned
    Name
    D-Steve
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    College
    Texas A&M Aggies
    I feel like I haven't lived, I've been to numerous countries as well as mostly through Australia and haven't really been anywhere dangerous.

Planning on going to world cup in 2014 in Brazil, anyone been there and have any stories?
    The favelas in Rio de Janeiro where the next summer Olympics are held is supposed to be pretty ghetto

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The favelas in Rio de Janeiro where the next summer Olympics are held is supposed to be pretty ghetto
    Oh true, I've heard dangerous stories about latina America full stop, good experience nevertheless I imagine

Spurs > Yankees > Knicks Technique's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Brownsville, Brooklyn - There was on the wall in one of the buildings. Still trying to understand who would on a wall in a building.

Bed Stuy, Brooklyn - Dudes posting up on every corner selling molly and coke

silverblk mystix
    Beverly Hills, California. Late 80's. Bad ass playas all around. I heard one guy listening to some hardcore Vanilla Ice. This guy was so scary he had ?two sweaters ?wrapped around his waist. (shudders)

Scaree!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers

Stray bullet victims, drug lords and their small armies taking over hotels and shooting down police choppers, what a nice welcome card

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Went to school and grew up in Compton. It's pretty ty but not that bad. The hub city has been making strides tbh. They got a nice shopping center now with a BestBuy and a Target. is legit. Much better than the ty hood i'm living in. They're also going to tear down the old indoor fashion center and build a Walmart there now, same block where all the pros utes are at. What more can you ask for? es and Walmart.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    West Memphis Arkansas. Not a good place to be. Also East St Louis.

Thread Information