Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Curry is somewhere in the 12-13 range tbh.

Jordan
    Lebron
    Kareem
    Magic
    Duncan
    Bird
    Russell
    Wilt
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kirby
    Oscar
    Moses
    Curry
    Dirk
    Dominos
    West, Dr.J and Mikan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    West, Dr.J and Mikan
    Dr J is around 15 tbh, could swap him in for Dominos. I have West in the 20-25 range myself. As for Mikan...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd have him 10-12 range all time. Neck & Neck with KD as 2nd best player of the past decade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    20-25

How are some of you going to put Curry above David Robinson? Dave was too great of a 2-way player to be passed by a little guy shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry sure has had some tough defensive assignments in his media entertainment les run.

The latest being those sharp-as-a-tack Boston geniuses and Ime's offense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a list in mind and don't feel like sitting down and doing a ranking, but taking more of a guestimation approach, I think Steph could probably rank somewhere in the 20-30 range all time.

He is without a doubt in my mind the greatest shooter in NBA history. That alone carries a significant amount of weight. Yet that by itself doesn't raise his entire game to top 10 levels imo.

"Greatest" is a term that can be interpreted different ways.

If we rank players who made an impact on or influenced changing the game, I'd put Curry up there with the likes of Jordan and Wilt and Magic and Iverson. I think Curry has had a profound impact on the evolution of the game.

Idk that I'd rank him nearly as high on an all time list because of that and his shooting ability.
    What?

Curry is one of the most dominant players the league has ever seen. He's Shaq like in the way he bends defenses with his mere presence. How the do you rank 20 or 30 guys ahead of him? Sorry, but that has to be one of the dumbest takes I've read here, and that's saying something.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At Curry ahead of Johnson, Bird, Durant, etc. because of the agenda driven national media brainwashing casuals into thinking their latest unprecedented opponent injury luck championship (no Murray, Porter Jr., Hardaway Jr., R. Williams and Smart hurt) somehow makes him any greater than he was.
    He isn't a better player than he was in 2015, but he is indeed "greater". Consistency and longevity play a key role when comparing greats, that's why Duncan is as great as he is.

Besides, it's not like Curry's peak wasn't one of the greatest of all-time. Alongside Shaq, the most dominant offensive player I've ever seen.
    Last edited by DAF86; 06-20-2022 at 08:28 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry is somewhere in the 12-13 range tbh.

Jordan
    Lebron
    Kareem
    Magic
    Duncan
    Bird
    Russell
    Wilt
    Shaq
    Hakeem
    Kirby
    Oscar
    Moses
    Curry
    Dirk
    Dominos
    How are folks ranking guys that won only 2 rings or less as the top dog, ahead of a guy that won 4 on that role and is one of the most dominant players ever?

There isn't a scenario where folks like Kobe, Hakeem, Oscar or Moses are ahead of Curry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    20-25

How are some of you going to put Curry above David Robinson? Dave was too great of a 2-way player to be passed by a little guy shooter.
    Read above.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are folks ranking guys that won only 2 rings or less as the top dog, ahead of a guy that won 4 on that role and is one of the most dominant players ever?

There isn't a scenario where folks like Kobe, Hakeem, Oscar or Moses are ahead of Curry.
    Because he begged another all-time great to join his team and won two of them with him. Both Dominos and Curry are deducted points for that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because he begged another all-time great to join his team and won two of them with him. Both Dominos and Curry are deducted points for that.
    Do Kobe, Shaq, MJ, Magic, Kareem, Bird get deducted points too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do Kobe, Shaq, MJ, Magic, Kareem, Bird get deducted points too?
    None of them begged or forced trades for another all-timer to join their team after choking in the Finals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None of them begged or forced trades for another all-timer to join their team after choking in the Finals.
    Actually most (if not all) of those guys begged for a lot of trades, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Curry is bettee than Kobe and Oscar, but rings shouldn’t be an argument when it comes to ranking players
    its a team game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry is bettee than Kobe and Oscar, but rings shouldn’t be an argument when it comes to ranking players
    its a team game
    Sure, but when a guy is so clearly influential in the acquisition of said rings, it does matter a little. But fine, don't look at rings, just go look at the on/off impact stats that Curry had on those championships teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird couldn't run a break like Magic, so didn't get his team as many easy points. Magic is the best passer the league has ever seen, as great a passer as Bird was. And please don't put Bird and defense in the same sentence. I think they're pretty close overall though. And Bird did get ed having to go through Philly / Milwaukee / Detroit every year while LA got a free pass to the Finals in the 80s unless Kareem wanted to the bed against Houston centers.
    Bird is a better passer than Magic
    Bird could thread the needle and manufacture amazing assists with insane reaction time in crowded areas

Anybody can pass the ball in 3 vs 1 fast breaks or when a midget is guarding you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't buy the "Magic was a much better passer" argument. Bird could pretty much make any pass in the game. Magic being a PG and getting more assists doesn't automatically mean he's the better passer.

Spurs fans can take Manu and Tony as example. Tony always averaged more assists because he was the PG and had the ball in his hands more, but any Spurs fan with a functional brain knows Manu was the much better passer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Bird was a better passer than Magic (I'm not saying he wasn't either), I'm just saying that both were great passer and there isn't a big difference. Like it does exist in the shooting department between these two, for example.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually most (if not all) of those guys begged for a lot of trades, tbh.
    None of them did it after being one win away from a championship against an inferior team, nor did they do so for a player of Dominos' caliber. It was one of the softest moves on both sides I've ever seen.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I don't buy the "Magic was a much better passer" argument. Bird could pretty much make any pass in the game. Magic being a PG and getting more assists doesn't automatically mean he's the better passer.

Spurs fans can take Manu and Tony as example. Tony always averaged more assists because he was the PG and had the ball in his hands more, but any Spurs fan with a functional brain knows Manu was the much better passer.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Bird was a better passer than Magic (I'm not saying he wasn't either), I'm just saying that both were great passer and there isn't a big difference. Like it does exist in the shooting department between these two, for example.
    You said you never even watched these guys when they played though. Magic was a revolutionary point guard who would throw pinpoint baseball passes to get guys easy layups all the time. Bird couldn't do that , no one other than Magic could find those holes in the defense. It was funny because soft ass Kareem used to about Magic throwing the ball too hard, to which he was told just ing catch the ball. Magic always knew where guys were and would make no look passes all the time that the defense never could anticipate. Magic's gotta be the smartest player I have ever seen, he makes Manu's BBIQ look like Marcus Smart's.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 06-20-2022 at 10:36 PM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not trying to diminish Bird by any means. Bird was an absolute elite passer too, just not at the level of Magic there. And excellent on the break, just not Magic level on it. Got no real problem if you want to rank Bird over Magic because he was a nasty scorer with one of the greatest peaks I have ever seen, which is why I'd probably rate him over Duncan with two less rings and half as long a career much as it pains me to say it.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    What?

Curry is one of the most dominant players the league has ever seen. He's Shaq like in the way he bends defenses with his mere presence. How the do you rank 20 or 30 guys ahead of him? Sorry, but that has to be one of the dumbest takes I've read here, and that's saying something.
    You have every right to believe what you believe. This type of is all subjective. And when you get into these topics of all time greats, realize that when you're talking top 20, top 30 all time, all of those players in that range are/were bonafide stud superstars. And you start nit-picking based on your personal, and again subjective, preferences in a player, likes and dislikes, what team they played for, and whether you even like the player personally. So have all the appalled faux disbelief in my opinion you want. End of the day, it's an opinion, same as yours.

I'll start by responding to your comment about ranking guys ahead of Curry who have 2 or fewer les as top dog like Hakeem, Kobe, Dirk, etc. Well, that's because one could argue that Curry's 2nd and 3rd les when Durant was on the team, Curry wasn't the top dog of those teams either. And then further, you can diminish the quality of his first le because the opposing team's injuries. Not take the le away, just diminish how great of a le run it was, plus he didn't even win FMVP. So that's how. The way you discredit several of Kobe's les, one could do the same with 3 if Curry's rings.

I don't use one specific thing, category, accomplishment to rank players. It's not just les. It's not just individual stats. It's not just advanced stats or quality of compe ion or era comparison or transcendent impact on the game. It's not just one of those. It's all of those, plus more. The variables are endless. And it's why in these discussions, there's no true right or wrong.

Anyway, I didn't really want to do it. But I acquiesce to your challenge of how dumb you believe my take was. So here are 19 players I personally rank ahead of Steph, not in specific order, but roughly in order:

Jordan, LeBron, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Shaq, Duncan, Hakeem, Russell, Kobe, Durant, Oscar, Moses, Dr. J, Dirk, KG, Jerry, Zeke.

And some will find some of those names to be preposterous as well. That's fine too. You don't have to agree or accept the opinion. Opinions, assholes, that old quip.

Here are another handful of names I rank behind Steph but I think could have an argument over him depending what kinds of factors you use to rank:

Elgin, Pistol Pete, AI, DRob, Harden, Russ, Barkley, Wade, CP3...

Now to be clear, I don't think CP3 is higher than Steph. And come to think of it, I don't know where I'd even rank him. But I included him to make a point. His career advanced stats regard him as like a top 10 player. So if someone ranked players based on career advanced stats, there's an argument.

Anyway, believe what you want. I'll do the same.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He isn't a better player than he was in 2015, but he is indeed "greater". Consistency and longevity play a key role when comparing greats, that's why Duncan is as great as he is.

Besides, it's not like Curry's peak wasn't one of the greatest of all-time. Alongside Shaq, the most dominant offensive player I've ever seen.
    Agreed, but he has no credible argument for being better than those players. He's as great as a small guard could possibly be, but at the highest level this league will always be ruled by size.

Yeah, so great that he's only been able to win championships with unprecedented opponent injury luck and by begging one of the two better players of his generation to join his single season record setting team, whose core were in their early prime. What a compe or.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Curry would never handle a muggy Wednesday at the Detroit Palace running off screens against Isiah

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Isiah is woefully undervalued by most fans, even analysts and media. He's the only superstar of his time that can boast beating all three of Magic, Bird, and Michael in their primes. Leading his team to B2B les right smack in the middle of the Golden Era of NBA basketball.

Inch for inch, pound for pound, as good as any player on every all time list, including Michael, Wilt, and LeBron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry warps the dimensions of the court

Look at how teams defend GS when Curry is on the court vs whrn he’s not

Dude is a monster, like DAF said he’s like Shaq, his mere presence on the court changes everything

Thread Information