Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In what conceptual universe do you imagine Holmgren and SGA are even close to the talents of the previous three players?
    Of course you knew Russ and Harden would be MVP caliber coming out from college

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SGA is into his extension already, and he hasn't even made an ASG yet. He's the best of the bunch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SGA is into his extension already, and he hasn't even made an ASG yet. He's the best of the bunch.
    Yet I wouldn't be surprised if Presti trades him, say to NŸ, for a bunch of picks to push back the timeline. He's too enamored with the "OKC process". Only thing is, by the time he's happy with the talent he's amassed, he'll start losing them because they're fed up of the organization's antics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't even need to be MVP caliber. By the time Westbrook or Harden were the age SGA is now, they were far, far better than him. Just because someone is drafted by OKC =/= greatness.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn't even need to be MVP caliber. By the time Westbrook or Harden were the age SGA is now, they were far, far better than him. Just because someone is drafted by OKC =/= greatness.
    The Thunder didn't draft SGA, the Clippers did. Well, technically the Hornets did but it was a draft-day trade, kind of like technically the Pacers picked Number Two.

SGA was the main player the Thunder got in return for Paul George, along with all the picks and swaps of course.

I agree with your point about SGA not being nearly as good as Westbrook or Harden at their respective ages.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he’s talented, but it will be hard to make it in the NBA if you’re made of glass.

Can you imagine prime Shaq plowing through Holmgren in the lane? They’d of needed to keep an ambulance court side for Chet at every game back when you were allowed to actually play. Of course in that era he probably wouldn’t have been drafted this high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he’s talented, but it will be hard to make it in the NBA if you’re made of glass.

Can you imagine prime Shaq plowing through Holmgren in the lane? They’d of needed to keep an ambulance court side for Chet at every game back when you were allowed to actually play. Of course in that era he probably wouldn’t have been drafted this high.
    Shawn Bradley was also drafted #2 and was 7’6 like 230lbs at the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shawn Bradley was also drafted #2 and was 7’6 like 230lbs at the time.
    True. And he never could hold up physically, either. Plus, Bradley seemed to be the target of a lot of ire from other players....maybe it was that #2 draft position, but guys always liked to seem to posterize him and then stare him down. Probably better than Holmgren in today's league, tbh, except Holmgren can shoot a lot better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True. And he never could hold up physically, either. Plus, Bradley seemed to be the target of a lot of ire from other players....maybe it was that #2 draft position, but guys always liked to seem to posterize him and then stare him down. Probably better than Holmgren in today's league.
    This is revisionist. He was a top shot blocker in the NBA for 10 years, of course ppl wanted to dunk on him; that’s a badge of honour. Jak gets yammed on monthly, but still never shys away from protecting the rim. He played 10+ years in the league with pretty good consistency. He also added 20-30 lbs in those early years to battle freakish bigs like Hakeem, Robinson, Ewing, Shaq, Mourning etc.

David Robinson had injuries through his career too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is revisionist. He was a top shot blocker in the NBA for 10 years, of course ppl wanted to dunk on him; that’s a badge of honour. Jak gets yammed on monthly, but still never shys away from protecting the rim. He played 10+ years in the league with pretty good consistency. He also added 20-30 lbs in those early years to battle freakish bigs like Hakeem, Robinson, Ewing, Shaq, Mourning etc.

I just had to go to Basketball Reference and look at his average games played per season, and he played more games than I thought. I think the "revisionist" is just my fading memory of guys like Bradley. He took some thumpings though, and maybe it was because he wasn't afraid to get between a player and the rim. He actually held up better than my memory apparently.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was Chets injury one that could happen to even a non toothpick?

Check it. Lebron steps on his foot just before the tweak. The non injured planted foot, Lebron steps on it while Chet is trying to rotate the injured foot.

Stoopid defense by Chet, Xs 1000 in a meaningless glorified rat ball game in July. But he's super compe ive and wanted to show he belonged in the NBA, especially with a block or stop on Lebron. And don't think for a second Lebron wasn't giving 100% on that play either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Bradley was treated as a scrub but he wasn't. He just didn't live up to the white hype label the media put on him. Players hated him because he was physical on those elbows flew loos and hard. People tried to fight him on the reg.

Thread Information