Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-announc...022826657.html

Not a ton of money but a cool gesture by the league. Probably should have done a little more tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Woke wow

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is great news and I hope it helps these guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A step in the right direction.
    But they have F'd them for soo long.

'NBA's waiting for us to die off': Former ABA players face struggles (usatoday.com)

Imagine gots like Ben Simmons and Kywie banking 20+ million a year while those guys couldn't even get 400 a month.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

'NBA's waiting for us to die off': Former ABA players face struggles (usatoday.com)

Imagine gots like Ben Simmons and Kywie banking 20+ million a year while those guys couldn't even get 400 a month.
    A post like this is why I read thru some of your stuff but you are on point here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ thank you.

Perspective: The NBA is coming off a massive financial year, with revenue topping $10 billion for the first time and basketball-related income reaching $8.9 billion, another record. -espn

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Instead of knocking it out of the park with a generous payout, the league and the players associaton are gonna receive some deserved criticism for being late to the table and bringing so little when they have so much money individually and as a league. There are many players who could have funded this themselves out of pocket change, and as far as the league owners go, they are cheapieskates. 100 million wouldn't have hurt anyone and would have sounded so much better PR wise.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut up got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Different times bro and if you can't recognize that then you're a lost cause.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i second that motion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Different times bro and if you can't recognize that then you're a lost cause.
    No it's the same time.
    Retired bro's couldn't even get 400 a month until a week ago. Or whenever the 1st checks are gonna roll in.
    Do you think the old ABA and NBA players played a part in the ginormous owners worth and player salaries are today?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No it's the same time.
    Retired bro's couldn't even get 400 a month until a week ago. Or whenever the 1st checks are gonna roll in.
    Do you think the old ABA and NBA players played a part in the ginormous owners worth and player salaries are today?
    Andy just wanted to flip burgers back in '76. Andy sure did play a part in the ginormous owners worth and $15/hr pt/ft jobs today. Thank God for Andy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If nothing else the ABA brought the pro basketball experience to the attention of fans in many parts of the country that had never seen what great athletes these guys are and whole new sections of the country became basketball fans--such as the San Antonio fans. Whoever thought one of the best and most profitable basketball teams would arise and thrive in S. Texas or anywhere in Texas like Dallas and Houston. Those cities and the State of Texas were not considered basketball territory by the oligarchs of the old NBA. The ABA fought it out with the established league and set up a few teams that would survive the merger.

But here's a questions. What about the players who were ABA players for the teams that were incorporated into the NBA or players who got picked up by NBA teams for a few years? Suppose they didn't survive in the merged league for the required number of years as active NBA players in order to collect an NBA pension? I bet there were a lot of those guys because the average number of years for a pro player is probably around 5 years? Suppose they had three in the ABA and two in the NBA? I guess they will get the pension for the three ABA years but nothing for the NBA years???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah and gas was 5 cents a gallon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully this bring some recognition to the ABA and it's former players.

https://deadline.com/2022/09/rise-fa...es-1235110449/

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah and gas was 5 cents a gallon
    So was your mother

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You shouldn't talk about your grandma that way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You shouldn't talk about your grandma that way.
    Good to know you align with an insufferable like ducks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to know you align with an insufferable like ducks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems inconceivable but you’re not much better. The two of you barely function as adults on this forum. I imagine it’s much worse as a real life incel for you. Maga loves you. You’ll always have that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems inconceivable but you’re not much better. The two of you barely function as adults on this forum. I imagine it’s much worse as a real life incel for you. Maga loves you. You’ll always have that.
    Lol "Everyone's an incel but me!"

Bro you have no clue... Keep throwing those stones from your shattered glass house dumbass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol "Everyone's an incel but me!"

Bro you have no clue... Keep throwing those stones from your shattered glass house dumbass.
    The you spew here daily reeks of an inferiority complex. You think you're clever, crafty and maybe even funny but more than anything its pathetic. Anyone who goes to the lengths you do to get a rise out of people and lash out clearly lacks real life social skills or you're badly masking and need this place to provide you with some kind of cathartic release.

You and ducks both just need to stfu and talk basketball or find another place to work out your mommy issues.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The you spew here daily reeks of an inferiority complex. You think you're clever, crafty and maybe even funny but more than anything its pathetic. Anyone who goes to the lengths you do to get a rise out of people and lash out clearly lacks real life social skills or you're badly masking and need this place to provide you with some kind of cathartic release.

You and ducks both just need to stfu and talk basketball or find another place to work out your mommy issues.
    You're talking to someone who is literally mentally ill. Best to just let him throw his hissy fits and ignore him tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    “Hey man do you see the tattoo on my chicken legs. It’s the Spurs logo, I had to bust them out.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Whatever you say dumb . Cry more B2B.

Thread Information