Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes this years team is horrible so far I'm not even going to argue that. With that out the way those 2008-2010 Spurs teams in particular were some of the worse Spurs teams ever not even to be debated. Yes they won 50 games but in a weaker less talented era in the Western Conference. the 2009 Spurs which is my least favorite team ever barely won 50 games that year. By beating a horrible overrated Mavs team people remember that team as being better than it was. Duncan Parker and Ginobili weren't winning until Pop And the front office got their heads out of their ass and infused the team with young talent. What make this year worse is because this dude has some of the solutions right here on the roster but he continues to troll us with lineups.

Here are a few simple solutions.

1. STOP playing Belinelli dude scores seven points last night but I bet he contributed to giving up even more than that. Simple math determines he's not worth playing.

2. Young Legs. Would it be the worse thing in the world to let Keldon Johnson earn his lumps in the NBA this year instead of the G league only to get no playing time again next year. The days of redshirting young fresh legs are over.

3. Play Dejounte and Derrick together. Pop and his I'm smarter than everyone has to stop. One of those two should always be on the floor with Forbes or mills at all times. As good as Steph Curry is you never saw Kerr Trotting out lineups of Ian Clark and Steph Curry because they would hemorrhage points and any good coach knows that.

4. If you want to start Derrick and Dejounte together then just start Carrol at the 3 and DeRozan at the 2 I promise you the team would be better served but this would require Pop realizing that Forbes is not a starter. Last year when the team started off ting themselves he at least tried different thins to give the team a chance. This year it's like he's saying "Forbes has to start because I love him" and I don't want to hear about spacing either we have "spacing" and are still losing every 1st quarter.

Like I said with a coach who had their he'd of it's ass this team wouldn't be 5-5 they would be 7-3 at worst but two of these losses were lost strictly because of coaching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2008-2011 Spurs still had the Big 3 and some good roleplayers. They were literally an SF away from being on the same level as LA/Boston. Once they got said SF we had the 2012-2015 Spurs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 2008-2011 Spurs still had the Big 3 and some good roleplayers. They were literally an SF away from being on the same level as LA/Boston. Once they got said SF we had the 2012-2015 Spurs.
    That's my point those teams were the worst and that 4-0 sweep against the Suns was the worst.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's my point those teams were the worst and that 4-0 sweep against the Suns was the worst.

Those late '00s teams were miles better and more interesting than where we're at now. I'd glady switch the current team for any of those teams.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    the only reasons those spurs teams failed was because pop kept playing dice over blair........blair had 3 20/20 games yet pop chose to play an aging player smmfh still makes me mad to this day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers in 09-11 were better in that era, even if we had a SF we weren't going to win against prime Kobe, MVPau, Arest doing whatever he wanted, prime Ariza/Bynum/Odumb. Plus Phil would always coach circles around Pop

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only reasons those spurs teams failed was because pop kept playing dice over blair........blair had 3 20/20 games yet pop chose to play an aging player smmfh still makes me mad to this day
    regular season minutes eater Blair

Turd Towers (tm)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having flashbacks to Gasol/Bynum and Gasol/Randolph abusing Bonner Blair. Ugh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having flashbacks to Gasol/Bynum and Gasol/Randolph abusing Bonner Blair. Ugh.
    Pretty much this and this was with the Big 3 so that makes that stretch of basketball way worse. Last years Spurs team I thought could compete with anybody those 3 years of Spurs basketball made me want to stop watching.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh god at the end of each season realizing another year of timmy’s waning greatness had been wasted

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One day spoiled Spurs fans will have the painful realization that all years of the Big Three Era were great years -- just varying levels of greatness. A small market NBA team having sustained and legit championship aspirations is an exceedingly rare thing.

If you were miserable during the Golden Years, I got some bad news for you . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except these "spoiled fans" don't even have championship aspirations. They just want to see the young guys get minutes and get better and they can't even get that. Ridiculous tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uhh....

2008: Lost in WCF
    2009: Manu out for playoffs
    2010: Yeah we sucked balls this year but pulled off nice upset against Dallas
    2011: 1st seed. 60 wins. Fluke injury at the end of season to Manu ed us against Memphis

Those teams were miles ahead of this team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except these "spoiled fans" don't even have championship aspirations. They just want to see the young guys get minutes and get better and they can't even get that. Ridiculous tbh.
    @ the thought of Edgelords being happy if the Spurs were 2-8 as long as the young players played. Edgelords would just be saying the young players suck and Pop should be fired and TD is a yes man and fire RC for not drafting players who can win right away, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ the thought of Edgelords being happy if the Spurs were 2-8 as long as the young players played. Edgelords would just be saying the young players suck and Pop should be fired and TD is a yes man and fire RC for not drafting players who can win right away, etc.
    I guess the alternative is being happy that the Spurs are paying a couple of losers a combined 50mil and that Pop is infallible. You're right, the 9th seed is way better than the 12th seed as long as we get to see Patty and Beli get theirs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did timvp just discover the phrase edgelord? seems like the go to for any one not slobbering over PATFO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did timvp just discover the phrase edgelord? seems like the go to for any one not slobbering over PATFO
    I think he has a pretty balanced take. He clearly criticizes Pop in game grades, but he's just not an extreme cynic who wants the Spurs to lose like some people.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One day spoiled Spurs fans will have the painful realization that all years of the Big Three Era were great years -- just varying levels of greatness. A small market NBA team having sustained and legit championship aspirations is an exceedingly rare thing.

If you were miserable during the Golden Years, I got some bad news for you . . .
    Umm I think the vast majority of intelligent “spoiled fans” would prefer Top 12 draft picks to rebuild rather than purgatory of mediocrity. 1st round exits or 9th to 11th place finishes in the West do nothing beneficial. Other than 1 year closer to a new head coach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he has a pretty balanced take. He clearly criticizes Pop in game grades, but he's just not an extreme cynic who wants the Spurs to lose like some people.
    I suppose. I mean they're opinion based so not like it's objective or anything but a lot of times I'm expecting Ds or Fs for some players and they get a C or C-. Tbh I don't care if anyone agrees or disagrees about that or the current outlook on the team. Just think it's funny he's been throwing the term edgelord around pretty liberally the last couple weeks

And even the extreme cynics that want the Spurs to lose feel that way because they want the team to rebuild and not be stuck on the treadmill. In the end we're all fans tbh. Some are content to watch a treadmill team with a middling floor and low ceiling and others want to see the team give young guys burn so we can rebuild.

Thread Information