Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just the disconnect from reality is all.

Do we need to do something about Asian privilege?
    What disconnect are you talking about? Do tell. Systemic discrimination is a well known and do ented social phenomenon. The fact that I don't practice it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Sure it is; if the concern is systematic oppression. If it's about your snowflake feelings, then I'll concede your point though.
    The concern isn't systematic oppression. The concern is making broad statements that don't actually reflect the reality of the group in question.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because TheGreatYacht is on your ignore list.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That kind of top-down power exists in all cultures. Muslim, Judeo-Christian, etc.

The whole point is that when you make absolutely broad generalizations, you're going to get some repercussions for that.
    Sure. But some systems have allowed for more meritocracy. The American model was the first of its size to do away with nobility for instance.
    And that was Christians doing so, btw. Not judeo-christians. TGY is right. The Jews are trying co-opt the credit.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because TheGreatYacht is on your ignore list.

We get it, snowflake. STFU.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because Spurtacular is on your ignore list.

still replying to me

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ie: You're a guy that loves to make broad generalizations about Muslims. That's xenophobic, and I'm sure you wouldn't want to put that in your resume.
    You're making broad generalizations about whites. That's [insert you're a bad person judgment]. I'm sure you wouldn't want to put that in your resume.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

still replying to me
    Attention whoring / snowflakery. You keep on keeping on, slob. You do you, then.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

and another reply

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're just going to relegate it to racism on a street level, blacks are far and away the most racist group.

You gonna cry about that? Didn't think so.
    I'm not relegating anything. And you just made another gross generalization, which is exactly what we're talking about.

We're discussing somebody making gross generalizations about a particular ethnic/religious group that's not his own, then apologizing after realizing his mistake.

I get that you're proud of your racism and xenophobia (we can certainly add continued gross generalization of Muslims to the above), but most people actually do find it ignorant and repugnant, and really, has nothing to do with snowflakes or not.

I would even argue the snowflakes are people so insecure about themselves they feel somehow threatened by other races/groups.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're making broad generalizations about whites. That's [insert you're a bad person judgment]. I'm sure you wouldn't want to put that in your resume.
    No, I'm not. I made a specific point about you.

I can quote your broad generalizations about Muslims, tbh, so I'm not making a judgement in a vacuum, I'm actually reporting what I've read first hand.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not relegating anything. And you just made another gross generalization, which is exactly what we're talking about.
    "gross generalization" to call out all the gross racism that goes down in the black culture.

But white privilege isn't a gross generalization?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I get that you're proud of your racism and xenophobia (we can certainly add continued gross generalization of Muslims to the above), but most people actually do find it ignorant and repugnant, and really, has nothing to do with snowflakes or not.
    These aren't subjects I've even been talking about. Honestly, you're just throwing darts.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would even argue the snowflakes are people so insecure about themselves they feel somehow threatened by other races/groups.
    Way to harakiri yourself on that one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "gross generalization" to call out all the gross racism that goes down in the black culture.

But white privilege isn't a gross generalization?
    What evidence do you have that black culture is overall overtly racist? Not to mention that they themselves are a minority, thus relatively powerless to even sustain something like that.

I wouldn't call white privilege a gross generalization, because it exists and can be measured. I would say that a claim every white person is racist and that's why white privilege exists, to be a gross generalization.

I don't believe white privilege is widespread, just like white supremacists are not widespread, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

These aren't subjects I've even been talking about. Honestly, you're just throwing darts.
    You can certainly try to walk away from it, but everybody here reads this thread and your , so kinda late for that.

In what way? Clearly I know exactly who I am and I don't need white privilege crutches to be where I am, thus why I rather see white privilege disappear.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What disconnect are you talking about? Do tell. Systemic discrimination is a well known and do ented social phenomenon. The fact that I don't practice it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

The concern isn't systematic oppression. The concern is making broad statements that don't actually reflect the reality of the group in question.
    There's the haves and the have nots. You can find a system that allows for the elites' kids to get into the best schools. Stuff like that. That's not the stuff that they have you crying about though, is it?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What evidence do you have that black culture is overall overtly racist? Not to mention that they themselves are a minority, thus relatively powerless to even sustain something like that.
    They're easily the most emboldened to say racist stuff. I don't think that's a secret. Sure, the ones who advance past that are often more mature and don't want to stay in that gutter.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe white privilege is widespread, just like white supremacists are not widespread, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
    So, you've really minimized how much you benefit from white privilege. I'll agree that there are some historical underpinnings that have benefited whites more than blacks.
    But if we're talking about a prevalent mindset, which is what they want us to buy into, then no. Sorry. I think it may even be the other way around because people are so desperate to be woke at this point.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In what way? Clearly I know exactly who I am and I don't need white privilege crutches to be where I am, thus why I rather see white privilege disappear
    Isn't BLM all about how threatening the white devil is? Your support speaks to how insecure you are, in your own words.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

still replying to me

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A hair's difference if that....

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Nick Cannon black pilled me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's the haves and the have nots. You can find a system that allows for the elites' kids to get into the best schools. Stuff like that. That's not the stuff that they have you crying about though, is it?
    Not sure why you keep trying to change the topic. We're not discussing income inequality and it's ramifications.

We're discussing how racism, xenophobia and anti-semitism makes gross generalizations about a class of people that don't represent that class.

They're easily the most emboldened to say racist stuff. I don't think that's a secret. Sure, the ones who advance past that are often more mature and don't want to stay in that gutter.
    So, no evidence here, just your guy feeling. Got it.

So, you've really minimized how much you benefit from white privilege. I'll agree that there are some historical underpinnings that have benefited whites more than blacks.
    But if we're talking about a prevalent mindset, which is what they want us to buy into, then no. Sorry. I think it may even be the other way around because people are so desperate to be woke at this point.
    How did I minimize it? I just don't control when it happens. Me not getting pulled over when a black person would is not something I can control. I can't say I don't enjoy it.

Isn't BLM all about how threatening the white devil is? Your support speaks to how insecure you are, in your own words.
    And I stated plenty of times (I can quote) I don't support the entire BLM political platform because I don't even know what it is, and they have a serious communication problem.

I've been clear that what I support is the end to systemic racism. I'm plenty secure in myself to know I don't need racism or privilege to succeed.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Let that sink in Chumpettes...

ElNono, undeniable FACTS. #Jewish Privilege

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was wrong for gross generalization in all cases, IMO. I'm glad he apologized, at least in one instance. I'm pretty sure I made that much clear.

I think Grace, Angelo, and any other random Twitter poster are en led to their opinion. And I'm en led to mine.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Nick's children are very light skinned. Awkward.

Thread Information