Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1547
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would they give up on him?

Such silly thinking.
    Easy answer is the number of veteran forwards who the Spurs attained and could bury him in the depth chart. It’s what most people seem to think on here.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy answer is the number of veteran forwards who the Spurs attained and could bury him in the depth chart. It’s what most people seem to think on here.
    Thad and Amino are not in the Spurs’ future plans. Just a matter of time before they go. That leaves McBob, who has a different skill set.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thad and Amino are not in the Spurs’ future plans. Just a matter of time before they go. That leaves McBob, who has a different skill set.
    who is McBob? Josh McRoberts still in the NBA?

do you mean McDermott?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of these positive hype man interviews are getting tiresome. Luka, Walker and half of this roster might not be in the NBA in a few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All of these positive hype man interviews are getting tiresome. Luka, Walker and half of this roster might not be in the NBA in a few years.
    I feel like for Luka specially there have been innumerable excuses, but the guy is still young and could put it together. Part of the problem has been the lack of opportunity. Someone can’t show something if he doesn’t play, but Pops reluctance to play him is already meaningful to me because the team has been starved for quality bigs in a significant way.

He’s going into his 3rd season, Collins is injured, Jock is a rookie, Drew is a limited energy player, KBD has been a marginal role player. For all the bigs the team has signed, he could literally be the best among them if he really shows game. No excuses. No one is so entrenched that Luka couldn’t push him for minutes if he was good enough for it. At some point the excuses have to run out. I hope he’s ready.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel like for Luka specially there have been innumerable excuses, but the guy is still young and could put it together. Part of the problem has been the lack of opportunity. Someone can’t show something if he doesn’t play, but Pops reluctance to play him is already meaningful to me because the team has been starved for quality bigs in a significant way.

He’s going into his 3rd season, Collins is injured, Jock is a rookie, Drew is a limited energy player, KBD has been a marginal role player. For all the bigs the team has signed, he could literally be the best among them if he really shows game. No excuses. No one is so entrenched that Luka couldn’t push him for minutes if he was good enough for it. At some point the excuses have to run out. I hope he’s ready.
    All great points. He has clearly been building his body up versus just growing into it so I hope Pop gives him a longer leash this year. I’m just starting to get tired of the positivity like we are onto something here. I feel like half these guys are just patronizing PATFO and themselves. There is no accountability anymore.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything north of 16 minutes a game is a win. There really shouldn’t be any frustration up to this point. This has always been the Spurs path when it comes to developing players. They get minutes when the progress justifies it. Based on past players I expect Luka to crack the bottom of the rotation and show some sparks of interest. If he can maintain some measure of consistency this year I expect to see him as a full rotation player next season.

I don’t think any of the Spurs staff is expecting a breakout season, they’re looking for progress and consistency as he builds the basis for the type of player they want him to be.

They drafted him with the intention of being patient as he develops. There was absolutely zero reasons to rush him.

I’m hoping for more but if this guy ends having a Mahinmi type career that would be considered successful by most any reasonable expectation.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    C'mon Tall Luka!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything north of 16 minutes a game is a win. There really shouldn’t be any frustration up to this point. This has always been the Spurs path when it comes to developing players. They get minutes when the progress justifies it. Based on past players I expect Luka to crack the bottom of the rotation and show some sparks of interest. If he can maintain some measure of consistency this year I expect to see him as a full rotation player next season.

I don’t think any of the Spurs staff is expecting a breakout season, they’re looking for progress and consistency as he builds the basis for the type of player they want him to be.

They drafted him with the intention of being patient as he develops. There was absolutely zero reasons to rush him.

I’m hoping for more but if this guy ends having a Mahinmi type career that would be considered successful by most any reasonable expectation.
    He has a very needed skill set on a lottery bound team and was taken in the first round, late teens when he probably could have been available in the second round so I disagree. My first day working on a trading floor as a trader for an investment bank they told me sink or swim. I feel like this organization needs to be abit more cut throat with guys who have great potential during an era of a rebuild that no one in PATFO cares to acknowledge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He has a very needed skill set on a lottery bound team and was taken in the first round, late teens when he probably could have been available in the second round so I disagree. My first day working on a trading floor as a trader for an investment bank they told me sink or swim. I feel like this organization needs to be abit more cut throat with guys who have great potential during an era of a rebuild that no one in PATFO cares to acknowledge.
    They told you sink or swim because you’re a dime a dozen. If you couldn’t do it, any number of people could have jumped in and handled the job. Clearly they had no interest in developing you. Whereas Luka has some measure of being able to do things that are not only atypical but applicable to today’s game. That most certainly warrants the reach and subsequent patience.

The emphasis in SA has always been time and development. I’m sure they weighed their options risk/reward vs whatever else was available and made their choice.

No such thought process was needed with your employment. the bed the next in line probably won’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They told you sink or swim because you’re a dime a dozen. If you couldn’t do it, any number of people could have jumped in and handled the job. Clearly they had no interest in developing you. Whereas Luka has some measure of being able to do things that are not only atypical but applicable to today’s game. That most certainly warrants the reach and subsequent patience.

The emphasis in SA has always been time and development. I’m sure they weighed their options risk/reward vs whatever else was available and made their choice.

No such thought process was needed with your employment. the bed the next in line probably won’t.
    Lol is that what you tell your clients mr Life Coach? Ever sat in front of 6 screens for 12 hours a day unable to go to the bathroom trading interest derivatives trying to steal a quarter basis point on billion dollar trades? Do you even know what a basis point is? Not everyone can do that, just like not everyone can make the NBA. Every community college graduate can be an influencer or motivational coach which is what you are; a glorified influencer. My point is we have given him the time to develop so time to see what he has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol is that what you tell your clients mr Life Coach? Ever sat in front of 6 screens for 12 hours a day unable to go to the bathroom trading interest derivatives trying to steal a quarter basis point on billion dollar trades? Do you even know what a basis point is? Not everyone can do that, just like not everyone can make the NBA. Every community college graduate can be an influencer or motivational coach which is what you are; a glorified influencer. My point is we have given him the time to develop so time to see what he has.
    Congrats, I guess. You obviously have an ego otherwise you wouldn’t have puffed out your chest and tried to flex.

I’ve always thought you were a bit of a self aggrandizing prick. So if staring at screens all day is a good use of your time then good for you. I value you my time, I make a living predominantly on passive income. For the record I’m not a life coach, it’s a slogan and mostly sarcasm but you knew that.

I imagine you require the last word. So go right ahead so we can get back to basketball and not your ty 9-5 measuring contest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats, I guess. You obviously have an ego otherwise you wouldn’t have puffed out your chest and tried to flex.

I’ve always thought you were a bit of a self aggrandizing prick. So if staring at screens all day is a good use of your time then good for you. I value you my time, I make a living predominantly on passive income. For the record I’m not a life coach, it’s a slogan and mostly sarcasm but you knew that.

I imagine you require the last word. So go right ahead so we can get back to basketball and not your ty 9-5 measuring contest.
    At the end of the day we both love our Spurs. There are things about this organization that are frustrating to me lately. We are not the dynasty we once were which is fine as all good things come to an end. I’d just prefer to see some of these guys who may have the talent to give this franchise some real momentum again get their time and have a longer leash. Either way we are lottery bound. Getting tired of trusting the process when Tim, Tony and Manu carried Pop not the other way around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Brutal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol is that what you tell your clients mr Life Coach? Ever sat in front of 6 screens for 12 hours a day unable to go to the bathroom trading interest derivatives trying to steal a quarter basis point on billion dollar trades?
    This is absolutely not the flex or good thing you think it is, my guy

It's ok though, just reality, not everyone can win the genetic lottery and be born into an NBA body. Hope Luka can prove he belongs, his play today wasn't really something to write home about...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Selling all my stock here (didn't have much to begin with, but I was ready to buy.)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to trade him so he can become our next Bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Selling all my stock here (didn't have much to begin with, but I was ready to buy.)
    Noted, jeezus. You've been ting on him on every thread as much as you can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to trade him so he can become our next Bertans.
    This. Trade him to the East

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his fore head was never big enough... poor guy never had a chance.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Luka was held to the same standard as IV he would be playing 25 minutes a game.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to assume his maturity level and personality are holding back his minutes because we are a young team and not very good. It’s preseason and things can change but not a good sign for his chances here for a new beginning with his level in the depth chart. Yikes. Obviously Luka has a role in this but his personality was a known factor when he was drafted, and so if that indeed is the issue, then I would think the Luka haters need to question the decision to draft him in the first place. There were better options. A weird situation from the beginning that has yet to make sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, i was a bit shocked to see her last post because it was so inconsistent with her previous takes on luka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a new season so I was excited to see him get an opportunity finally and see what a few fans are hyped about, but it just seems he’s barely on the edges of the roster at this point.

Thread Information