Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a league that severely lacks parity, ESPECIALLY in the ECF, collusion IS cheating. Since you're so far up the Heat's ass as the fairweather fan we all know you are, I'm sure you'll chalk it up as merely "taking what's given to you".
    I think Riles had it planned after the Heat won 17 games and Wade played with James and Bosh at Beijing.

So bam, draft Michael Beasley as a stopgap while Wade won a scoring le and convinced the other two that rings were to be had in South Beach.

My Name Is Mitchell Brown
    My Team
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    Post Count
    I think Riles had it planned after the Heat won 17 games and Wade played with James and Bosh at Beijing.

So bam, draft Michael Beasley as a stopgap while Wade won a scoring le and convinced the other two that rings were to be had in South Beach.
    That's probably the timeline. It's crazy how people don't call this for what it is. I loathe the Lakers franchise for what it stands and the Heat are a mirage of that made franchise. And even more so considering how they have a free ride to the finals every year playing in a ty conference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In a sense, Thunderup is right and it really isn't fair to the rest of the league but what are you gonna do? They rake in money and ratings, Stern ain't gonna do and other players tried to do that but it didn't work because people were greedy. Lebron I think took a pay cut for it to happen, right?

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    By that time Lebron will be 30 and may not even be the best player in the league. Since MJ there hasn't been a player who's been the best in the league for more than 4-5 years (MJ -> Shaq? -> TD -> Kirby -> Lelbron). Even if he is, he won't have the support he has now. MJ never won with a Top 5 (maybe Top 3) player in the league, and Lebron was unable to do win until he and Wade teamed up. Could the Heat fourpout? Maybe, but I don't see it happening.

you really think he lebron won't be the best player by the age of 30 ? he's becoming so good that he just toys with the rest tbh..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you really think he lebron won't be the best player by the age of 30 ? he's becoming so good that he just toys with the rest tbh..
    He could be, but anything can happen between now and then. Maybe KD grows a pair and toughens up, or Davis becomes a monster?

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron can't win on his own. look at the Heat's record when Wade was playing at 60%. When this team does get blown to LB's gonna need a new top-tie player to ride his coattails if he wants to win again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And to think OKC could have had Tyson Chandler for a lot less than Perkins. Do you imagine: Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka and Chandler?

"Dr. Carlan Yates, Oklahoma City's team physician, determined that the risk of reinjury was too great to give Chandler a clean bill of health. "

Dr. Yates was probably high on meth

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what do people think about that sop re Reggie Jackson on OKC? I'll see flashes of brilliance here and there and he looks like he has tremendous potential. The question is will he turn into Roddy Beaubois or Goran Dragic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the playoffs when it matters.
    And not a game sooner apparently.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Why on earth would some people here find it questionable if Lebron will be the best player in the league when he hits 30?

Some of you are re ed. If he keeps working hard like he has, and takes care of his body, he will be the best player in the league until he is at least 34-35 (just like MJ was), and maybe still beyond that (which MJ probably would have been had he not retired).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why on earth would some people here find it questionable if Lebron will be the best player in the league when he hits 30?

Some of you are re ed. If he keeps working hard like he has, and takes care of his body, he will be the best player in the league until he is at least 34-35 (just like MJ was), and maybe still beyond that (which MJ probably would have been had he not retired).
    lebron once he gets older, he can either lose all that bulk to be leaner....

My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    The stupidity here is getting to realgm levels.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lebron will lose some of his athletic ability, but keep in mind... he is on par with Bo Jackson, as being one of the most magnificent athletes the world has ever seen. Even when he loses some of it, he still may be the most athletic player in the NBA, just not by as big of a margin has he has been over the past 8 or so years. And even if he isn't the most athletic, he will still most likely be a top 3 athlete in the league.

I don't think people should be putting so much stock into Lebron "losing" his athleticism as he gets older. He will still be ridiculously dominant. He is basically the "Shaq" of point guards. Even as Shaq got older, he was still highly effective because physically, he was simply too much for most people to handle. And Lebron takes MUCH better care of himself than Shaq ever did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And to think OKC could have had Tyson Chandler for a lot less than Perkins. Do you imagine: Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Ibaka and Chandler?
    ugh, scary..

Is there no one else? AchillesHeel's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look partner, all I'm saying is the Spurs and their fanbase need to prepare for an exit in the playoffs. Last night's abortion of performance from my team will not happen again. We are going to run a train on the West and that includes the Spurs.

Only playoff wins matter yall.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    How did the Heat cheat, dumbass? Free agency and forward-looking salary cap management isn't cheating....
    In a league that severely lacks parity, ESPECIALLY in the ECF, collusion IS cheating. Since you're so far up the Heat's ass as the fairweather fan we all know you are, I'm sure you'll chalk it up as merely "taking what's given to you".
    Oh my

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    fairweather fan

Thread Information