Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy for Timmy. He deserves all the good things this life has to offer. It has been an absolute pleasure growing up watching him play. Glad I got to be apart of it in some small way.
    I have been following him since his sop re year at Wake Forest way back in '94-'95. I was 11 back then and now I'm 37. It was a great journey to watch him play from age 11-33.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The loyalty among the team is what stands out for me. No fighting among teammates. The big three in particular they stuck together. They were determined to win as many championships as possible together. That just doesn’t happen anymore.
    He taught me a lot growing up. One thing you mentioned is how bringing no drama to environment can help make any environment easier to deal with. I also learned from him to be strong in who I'am as a person and not to try to be accepted by people who didn't accept me for who I'am

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ugh.. The Hall of Very Good..

Duncan never won a DPOY.. So how much weight does that really carry?
    He was the defensive cornerstone of a championship team, his defense wasn't for nothing, Tim was also the cornerstone of champioship teams. Can't compare them the way you try to do. If you take Ben out they never win the chip or even compete at the highest lvl for all those years that they did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe Camby won DPOY over TD. Like wtf NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ben Wallace they just announce is in the Hall of Fame class for next year. And the big argument for his induction is that he won that award 4 times. But seriously who the cares? It’s meaningless because the voting is bull . Tim is easily one of the greatest defensive players at his position that ever lived. And he never won it..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have been following him since his sop re year at Wake Forest way back in '94-'95. I was 11 back then and now I'm 37. It was a great journey to watch him play from age 11-33.
    I saw all 4 of his Wake Forest years and all 19 of his years with his the Spurs, which means I watched him from 13-36. I'm 41 now.
    Last edited by Thomas82; 05-16-2021 at 03:46 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cool!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I saw all 4 of his Wake Forest yeaes and all19 of his years with his the Spurs., which means I watched in from 13-36. I'm 41 now.
    You edge me out by a year when it comes to seeing his whole entire career. His sop re year is when he became a star. You got to see him before he was a star which was his freshman year. It had to be amazing to see him go from a project role player to a superstar within one year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You edge me out by a year when it comes to seeing his whole entire career. His sop re year is when he became a star. You got to see him before he was a star which was his freshman year. It had to be amazing to see him go from a project role player to a superstar within one year.
    No doubt, especially when you take into account everything that had to lineup for him to be in that position, especially with the 2 recruits ahead of him being ruled ineligible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats Timmy! Its not the same without you on the floor!! GOAT PF!!! My GOAT ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

that’s our guy!!!!

folks like him and David make me even more proud to be a fan of this franchise.

Go SPURS Go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timmy just pure excellence. The best of the best. Our guy. Perfect speech. Looking great. Family man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah man. Such a graceful, humble and typical-of-him speech by Tim Duncan.

TD really makes me want to be an even better human being every time I am reminded of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    so annoying.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better HOF speech than Jordan’s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better HOF speech than Jordan’s
    Well, Jordan’s was a spite filled show. Not a high bar to clear. I mean, he invited his HS coach to attend for the sole purpose of dissing him during his speech for cutting him his Sop re year. I was embarrassed for him, and I don’t even like him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If advanced stats were more prominently around in the early 2000s, Timmy would've won multiple DPOY awards. These days, people realize that things like defensive win shares, defensive rating, and defensive BPM-- despite their relative shortcomings & occasional inaccuracies-- show at least as much and often more than something like raw blocks per game or steals per game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah man. I talk a lot of crap but Tim was the truth for real. I've always admired his game, except when he played the Lakers.

A true all-timer. Much respect to the Quiet Assassin.

100%
    The fanbases feuded but they had mutual respect and admiration. Hopefully in the end the fans can to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great speech by TD, he really looks well and happy, I am so glad for him.
    Thanks for everything, TD, not just for all those years of great basketball - I know that for a lot of us fans, he means so much more than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Jordan’s was a spite filled show. Not a high bar to clear. I mean, he invited his HS coach to attend for the sole purpose of dissing him during his speech for cutting him his Sop re year. I was embarrassed for him, and I don’t even like him.
    And people in the media kissed his ass, and praised that train wreck of a speech. "Oh that is why he is the GOAT, he is still harboring bitterness, what a compe or"

Yeah also maybe he is you know.. Just an Asshole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wanted to find a Tim only video seperate from the rest of the event.

Very nice talk, excellent.
    Thanks for posting.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tim speech was thoughtful and classy and the way he flipped it to Pop at the end was a perfect tribute to a great coach by a great player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD made anything possible for the Spurs. There were some very good SAS teams in the late Seventies and Early Eighties (when I became a Spurs fan). Once again in the late Eighties to Mid-Nineties with David.

I'm forever grateful for Tim being the player and the person who exceeded the lofty expectations people had for him when he came to San Antonio.

It's seems like a lot longer than five years since he played. Bravo TD!

Thread Information