Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Earlier they played 2008 First Round Game 1 (Duncan's three in OT)

2014 Finals Game 1 is just wrapping up. (LeBron has the cramps)

Coming up next today:

-2014 Finals Game 5 (Spurs redemption)
    -1999 Finals Game 5 (First championship)
    -2006 WCSF Game 5 (Timmy 36 against the Mavs)
    -2003 Finals Game 6 (Duncan's near quad-dub)
    -2003 WCSF Game 6 (Spurs make Kobe and Fisher cry)

Get your Spurs fix!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sure was a different game in 1999

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It sure was a different game in 1999
    I was just thinking the same thing. Guys getting banged around all over the place and not a whistle to be heard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me game 6 2013. It’s all I need.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was just thinking the same thing. Guys getting banged around all over the place and not a whistle to be heard.
    Them refs tried so hard to get the Knicks over the top. Just corrupt reffing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me game 6 2013. It’s all I need.
    Youre into that masochistic stuff, eh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Youre into that masochistic stuff, eh?
    Gimme that game, game 7 2013 Finals, game 7 2006 WCSF, 2004 game 5 WCSF, and 2015 first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gimme that game, game 7 2013 Finals, game 7 2006 WCSF, 2004 game 5 WCSF, and 2015 first round.
    You forgot 2011 first round

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forgot 2011 first round
    Game 1 of that series was an underrated gut punch. IIRC Bonner finally hit a clutch 3 late in the game and the Spurs lost anyway.

Thanks for ruining my productivity today btw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Game 1 of that series was an underrated gut punch. IIRC Bonner finally hit a clutch 3 late in the game and the Spurs lost anyway.

Thanks for ruining my productivity today btw.
    Glad to help, my friend!

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's funny how the 1999 Finals Game 5 sub le says "Spurs win first le", which gives away the outcome of the game, while this 2003 Finals Game 6 sub le is "Spurs try to clinch series", which at least doesn't give everything away in case the viewer didn't know who won the game.

A popup said that before the 2003 Nets, the last team to make the Finals while winning fewer than 50 games was the 1995 Rockets. At first I thought they were prorating the Spurs' 37 wins in 1999 to a full season, which would be over 60 wins, but the 1999 Knicks only went 27-23 in the 50 games that season, which only prorates to 44 wins over 82 games. So that should have been the 1999 Knicks as the answer.

I had forgotten that the 2003 Nets went 49-33 in the regular season but were the #2 seed, finishing one game behind the 50-32 Pistons. The idea of a #1 seed with that record boggles the mind. I'm sure I found that strange at the time but I had forgotten about it.'

Damn I miss Bill Walton's commentary.

Ugh those low nameplates on the 2003 jerseys. They were low in 1999 too, and I had forgotten about that until seeing that Finals Game 5 earlier.

I'm not going to sleep tonight, am I?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Earlier they played 2008 First Round Game 1 (Duncan's three in OT)

2014 Finals Game 1 is just wrapping up. (LeBron has the cramps)

Coming up next today:

-2014 Finals Game 5 (Spurs redemption)
    -1999 Finals Game 5 (First championship)
    -2006 WCSF Game 5 (Timmy 36 against the Mavs)
    -2003 Finals Game 6 (Duncan's near quad-dub)
    -2003 WCSF Game 6 (Spurs make Kobe and Fisher cry)

Get your Spurs fix!
    Happy to say I attended 4 of those games . . .

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I enjoyed game 1 of the Nets series moreso than the game where Duncan dropped the near quad double. In game 1 Duncan was super dominant offensively which was fun too watch.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I enjoyed game 1 of the Nets series moreso than the game where Duncan dropped the near quad double. In game 1 Duncan was super dominant offensively which was fun too watch.
    Stephen Jackson closing the le out though was pretty ing sweet. Most of us that were the early core of what later became the spurstalk.com forum were enormous Stephen Jackson fans back when the Spurs picked him up in 01-02 and we were very pissed he wasn't getting any minutes. If you don't believe me, ask timvp. So it was really sweet to see Jack earn the starting job in 02-03, play like a second star in the Phoenix series, to see him lead the 13 point comeback in Dallas in Game 6, and then to see him close out the le. Still makes me sick that Pop let him walk in 03, but I guess he was scared of another Jaren Jackson situation when JJ fell off bigtime after signing a 3 year deal. That 06 series with Dallas could have been so different if the Spurs could have stuck Jack on Nowitzki.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Happy to say I attended 4 of those games . . .

So I gotta know, Game 5 2014 or Game 6 2003, which is the best Spurs game you have been to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I gotta know, Game 5 2014 or Game 6 2003, which is the best Spurs game you have been to?
    Might actually be Game 7 2005 against Detroit. (I actually went onto the floor and was elbow to elbow after that one was over.) As a pure basketball game, it was a more dramatic see-saw event than the other two.

Game 6 2003 against the 3-peat Lakers was nice (especially as the first series the Lakers ever lost at Staples) but the Spurs were kinda playing with house money -- they had a Game 7 in SA if they lost.

I'd have to rate Game 5 2014 higher than Game 6 (Lakers) 2003 for the sheer joy of erasing the previous year and knowing that the Spurs might not have many more chances, heck even that one was shocking after all those years in the desert (even though the Spurs would have had more chances in that series also).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephen Jackson closing the le out though was pretty ing sweet. Most of us that were the early core of what later became the spurstalk.com forum were enormous Stephen Jackson fans back when the Spurs picked him up in 01-02 and we were very pissed he wasn't getting any minutes. If you don't believe me, ask timvp. So it was really sweet to see Jack earn the starting job in 02-03, play like a second star in the Phoenix series, to see him lead the 13 point comeback in Dallas in Game 6, and then to see him close out the le. Still makes me sick that Pop let him walk in 03, but I guess he was scared of another Jaren Jackson situation when JJ fell off bigtime after signing a 3 year deal. That 06 series with Dallas could have been so different if the Spurs could have stuck Jack on Nowitzki.
    I remember I was a senior in hschool when I saw some Nets games randomly on TV. I remember watching Jax back then and thinking this guy would look pretty good in a Spurs jersey. So when the Spur signed him in the summer of '01 I was pretty excited and at the time believed he was going to be one of the guys that would help the Spurs get over the Lakers. I was pretty high on Jax during the '02-'03 season. I actually liked him better than both Parker and Manu at the time. I also wanted the Spurs to re-sign hi the summer of '03. I definitely believe the Spurs win in '04 against the Lakers if they had Jax. Jax would not have wilted up like Hedo and he would have put an end to Malone and Payton's dirty play. Don't know if the Spurs win beyond '04 with him since he's a toxic locker room guy and I don't think he would have wanted to take a backseat to Manu/Parker.

Since '13 I have despised Jax and his antics. Just a rotten person overall and a phony in my eyes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might actually be Game 7 2005 against Detroit. (I actually went onto the floor and was elbow to elbow after that one was over.) As a pure basketball game, it was a more dramatic see-saw event than the other two.

Game 6 2003 against the 3-peat Lakers was nice (especially as the first series the Lakers ever lost at Staples) but the Spurs were kinda playing with house money -- they had a Game 7 in SA if they lost.

I'd have to rate Game 5 2014 higher than Game 6 (Lakers) 2003 for the sheer joy of erasing the previous year and knowing that the Spurs might not have many more chances, heck even that one was shocking after all those years in the desert (even though the Spurs would have had more chances in that series also).
    I don't know if you could call it playing with house money though against Shaq and Kobe, especially given their ability to win big road games. I mean the Spurs were only up 3-2 because Horry missed a wide open three in Game 5. So to see the Spurs just drop a soul crushing 28 point beatdown on the Lakers in Staples and end their run was amazing. It looked personal to Tim and David after the 29 and 39 point losses to the Lakers to lose the 01 WCF.

God that Game 7 must have been frightening to watch live. Down 9 in the third to one of the alltime great defensive teams ever put together. I remember when Detroit jumped out to that 17-4 lead in Game 1 all I could think is oh my god this Pistons team is legit, I can't even be mad. Though man did I hate that team by Game 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember I was a senior in hschool when I saw some Nets games randomly on TV. I remember watching Jax back then and thinking this guy would look pretty good in a Spurs jersey. So when the Spur signed him in the summer of '01 I was pretty excited and at the time believed he was going to be one of the guys that would help the Spurs get over the Lakers. I was pretty high on Jax during the '02-'03 season. I actually liked him better than both Parker and Manu at the time. I also wanted the Spurs to re-sign hi the summer of '03. I definitely believe the Spurs win in '04 against the Lakers if they had Jax. Jax would not have wilted up like Hedo and he would have put an end to Malone and Payton's dirty play. Don't know if the Spurs win beyond '04 with him since he's a toxic locker room guy and I don't think he would have wanted to take a backseat to Manu/Parker.

Since '13 I have despised Jax and his antics. Just a rotten person overall and a phony in my eyes.
    There was a decent sized contingent of the board that wanted Jack badly in the summer of 01, headed up by the legendary Ghost Writer (hope he's doing well, I think he's from New York but it's been a long time). Spurs fans wanted either Eddie Robinson or Stephen Jackson to fill the gaping hole at the three with a hardass mother er, but ERob got signed up pretty quickly that summer, by Charlotte I think.

As much as I hated the way Jack acted in 12-13, I can't forget how amazing he was in 02-03 and then in 2012 also. Still pissed me off he got a tech in OKC for staring down Maurice Cheeks after nailing a dagger three.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a decent sized contingent of the board that wanted Jack badly in the summer of 01, headed up by the legendary Ghost Writer (hope he's doing well, I think he's from New York but it's been a long time). Spurs fans wanted either Eddie Robinson or Stephen Jackson to fill the gaping hole at the three with a hardass mother er, but ERob got signed up pretty quickly that summer, by Charlotte I think.

As much as I hated the way Jack acted in 12-13, I can't forget how amazing he was in 02-03 and then in 2012 also. Still pissed me off he got a tech in OKC for staring down Maurice Cheeks after nailing a dagger three.
    I remember the bulls signed him. I grew up in NC so I also followed the Hornets since they were the home team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Took advantage of it and dvr them all. I watched some games I had never seen b4 so it was pretty entertaining and I enjoyed watching Timmy D without that one's brace he had the final years of his career. My favorite was the Spurs-Suns-2008. It was thrilling, tense and fun.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember the bulls signed him. I grew up in NC so I also followed the Hornets since they were the home team.
    Oh yeah. Maybe I was remembering Charlotte as the ones that drafted him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Took advantage of it and dvr them all. I watched some games I had never seen b4 so it was pretty entertaining and I enjoyed watching Timmy D without that one's brace he had the final years of his career. My favorite was the Spurs-Suns-2008. It was thrilling, tense and fun.
    That was such a fun game. We watched the original broadcast during a housewarming party for my brother, so the whole family and a bunch of friends were there. So many tense moments, but such a great memory when Timmy hit that three and the Spurs put it away.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me 1 day before game 5 vs Detroit : It’s gonna be close game unlike games 3 and 4, and Horry will hit the game winning 3.
    That’s what I told to a friend of mine who is a Pistons fan
    I can’t believe it actually happened

Me at the end of game 1 vs Suns in 2008 during that timeout: Duncan will hit a 3 pointer to tie the game, which he eventually did
    (That one is do ented here, in the game thread)

Me guessing lottery winning combination: LOL
    Last edited by lefty; 04-26-2020 at 04:36 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Me 1 day before game 5 vs Detroit : It’s gonna be close game unlike games 3 and 4, and Horry will hit the game winning 3.
    That’s what I told to a friend of mine who is a Pistons fan
    I can’t believe it actually happened

Me at the end of game 1 vs Suns in 2008 during that timeout: Duncan will hit a 3 pointer, which he eventually did
    (That one is do ented here, in the game thread)

Me guessing lottery winning combination: LOL
    LOL I was watching Game 4 of the 02 WCF with a bunch of Laker fans and told them Rob would hit the game winning three when they were down like 22. I would have never called a Duncan three to force 2OT though.

Thread Information