Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Every so often, I'll think I need to get away from using an aluminum based antiperspirant and will buy Tom's deodorant. But unless I'm absolutely still all day, my pits end up smelling like I think Whoopi Goldberg's vag would.

Anyone have any alternatives?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I dated a girl when I was up in Cincinnati who was a musician who didn't shave or trim her pits and used an herbal alternative to deodorant that she made at home. She explained it to me, but I forgot the solution; however there are plenty of these on google.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Every so often, I'll think I need to get away from using an aluminum based antiperspirant and will buy Tom's deodorant. But unless I'm absolutely still all day, my pits end up smelling like I think Whoopi Goldberg's vag would.

I haven't used antiperspirant for 17 years, i sweated just as much with it as without it and my shirts don't get ed up in the armpit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I haven't used antiperspirant for 17 years, i sweated just as much with it as without it and my shirts don't get ed up in the armpit.
    Damn...17 years. I'm not sure how much antiperspirant technology changes but the last ones I've used were pretty effective. In fact, I'd have to scrape off the residue in the shower. Which I realize probably isn't a good thing.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Still haven't used anything better than Speed Stick original. Pretty much only wear wicking shirts when it's warm nowadays.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Still haven't used anything better than Speed Stick original. Pretty much only wear wicking shirts when it's warm nowadays.
    yep. Pretty much this. Speed Stick, the dirt cheap edition, is the best. Don't get something overpriced and ty like Mitchum gel which stains your nice clothes.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Damn...17 years. I'm not sure how much antiperspirant technology changes but the last ones I've used were pretty effective. In fact, I'd have to scrape off the residue in the shower. Which I realize probably isn't a good thing.
    Your body is supposed to sweat, I don't think you should slather aluminum over your pores.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    ive been using old e for as long as i can remember, and as far as i'm aware all of their deodorant is aluminum-free

i also have the habit of wearing an undershirt so to the extent theres damage from deodorant it doesnt actually reach the shirts i care about

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

I use Jack Black Pit Boss. Its both an antiperspirant and deodorant and doesn't have aluminum. The only problem is that its a little more expensive than the regular stuff so if you're broke like Andy you might not be able to afford it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    ive been using old e for as long as i can remember, and as far as i'm aware all of their deodorant is aluminum-free

i also have the habit of wearing an undershirt so to the extent theres damage from deodorant it doesnt actually reach the shirts i care about
    I use old e deodorant too - Fresh or Pure Sport, although with all the Native ads on social media I have been looking at that but I can probably buy a few months worth of Old e for what it costs.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green

Charlottesville, VA summers might change that. They're not so benevolent as LA summers.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Charlottesville, VA summers might change that. They're not so benevolent as LA summers.
    i moved here in july of last year, so i've gone through it. its still preferable to having the shirts i care about get covered in deodorant goo and sweat.

besides, i work from home, so most of the time im shirtless anyway during the heat. only time i actually had to get all dressed up during the summer was to sit for the bar exam (virginia actually required you to wear formal court attire, a ing suit, to sit for the bar exam)

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

just look for something labeled "deodorant" and not "deodorant and antipersperant" Those don't contain aluminum and you'll find them all over the aisle

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    i moved here in july of last year, so i've gone through it. its still preferable to having the shirts i care about get covered in deodorant goo and sweat.

besides, i work from home, so most of the time im shirtless anyway during the heat. only time i actually had to get all dressed up during the summer was to sit for the bar exam (virginia actually required you to wear formal court attire, a ing suit, to sit for the bar exam)
    that's ing re ed. I always wore a t-shirt and jeans to court in san antonio... and I recall trying to fight to wear basketball shorts instead. I'm definitely not a dresser-upper.

I switched away from Mitchum to Speed Stick in 2016 and it's saved me both on money and gel deodorant goo. Heck of a decision IMO.

So I assume the place you have doesn't have A/C if you're working from home shirtless? Lol being south of the mason dixon line and not having A/C.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    that's ing re ed. I always wore a t-shirt and jeans to court in san antonio... and I recall trying to fight to wear basketball shorts instead. I'm definitely not a dresser-upper.

I switched away from Mitchum to Speed Stick in 2016 and it's saved me both on money and gel deodorant goo. Heck of a decision IMO.

So I assume the place you have doesn't have A/C if you're working from home shirtless? Lol being south of the mason dixon line and not having A/C.
    I have central AC and a ceiling fan in my office. But I’m not going to set the thermostat to 60 and then work with a sweater

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I use Jack Black Pit Boss. Its both an antiperspirant and deodorant and doesn't have aluminum. The only problem is that its a little more expensive than the regular stuff so if you're broke like Andy you might not be able to afford it.
    Thanks my ninja. I’ll give that a shot. You may be aware I own several pairs of Beats. So yeah...money is no object.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I have central AC and a ceiling fan in my office. But I’m not going to set the thermostat to 60 and then work with a sweater
    probably like, 70-72, maybe 68 at night.. 60 is ridiculous plus it'll freeze up your AC.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Your body is supposed to sweat, I don't think you should slather aluminum over your pores.
    Yeah...I don’t disagree with that.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Try this...

Thoracic sympathectomy is surgical interruption of the sympathetic nerves responsible for sweating. Sympathectomy is an operation intended to destroy part of the nerve supply to the sweat glands in the skin.

Check youtube for how to instructions

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Tom’s is
    It’s worse than using no deodorant at all

I’ve had success with Dove for Men antiperspirant in spray format, Speed Stick and Old e

Nivea For Men deodorants are awesome, I used to use them in Europe but for some reason they don’t sell them in North America

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Speed Stick is 99 cents, lasts you 3-4 months, and it doesn't have aluminum and it works. The end.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Yeah...I don’t disagree with that.
    Though in many lab studies there hasn't been any positive correlation between topical aluminum and any tumors, cancers, lymphoma, leukemia, breast cancer etc. It's just got the "feel" of something potentially poisonous/carcinogenic I guess.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I surprised MM has not put a bay leaf and some oregano under the pits with a good ole cotton tea shirt to squeeze the subsequent sweaty flavor out of and have a fine soup with it that very night.

Thread Information