Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No Vassell, no Primo tonight, and Derozan still can’t beat a team actively rebuilding. Johnson matched him stat for stat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley had jitters but I love how he was playing within the system. He's a bit wild but this will help him immensely. With Primo gone, I hope he stays with the main team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's starting to remind me of the "Heart and Hustle" Orlando Magic from 1999-2000: https://www.basketball-reference.com.../ORL/2000.html
    holy earl bodkins 5 foot 5 wow I remember when he was on the Nuggs later on and it was like a child had wandered onto the court. But yeah he made it somewhat work so good for him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seriously the primo news gave ST the hug of death and I sent half the game getting caught up on news to still know very little overall what a weird day. This game should be the hot story imho but the primo situation is a bigger bombs
    Primo released a statement saying something about trauma, looks like he needs to get his head straight away from the game, probably depression

So it's a compassionate waive by the Spurs

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is the charlie brown of the NBA

SA homecoming thunder stolen by Primo drama

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley had jitters but I love how he was playing within the system. He's a bit wild but this will help him immensely. With Primo gone, I hope he stays with the main team.
    Me too.

I would like them to pick up another PG, but not to take the spot from Blake. He hasn't shown as much, although he also hasn't been given the chance, but I want him to be given the Tony Parker/Nephew treatment of lots of minutes and playing through (some of) his mistakes.

He has the burst, athleticism and quickness our other guards lack. Plus, I don't think he's a shrink Violet like Lonnie was (minus that incredible Houston game).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo released a statement saying something about trauma, looks like he needs to get his head straight away from the game, probably depression

That was my argument over in the Primo waived thread and I still think it's a good theory but the way Spurs scrubbed him without a Thank You press drop in media makes it look more complex for sure.

I guessed it was a suicide attempt from work stress and the spurs waived primo at his request so he could take time away to get better. Meshes with Primo's official statement but yeah, something's a little off here and so it'll be interesting to see what develops.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What a bull take but most of your takes are

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great win by spurs I tonight and can’t even enjoy it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great win by spurs I tonight and can’t even enjoy it
    I was in the same boat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo getting waived was the best thing to ever happen to Wesley, especially since it happened by the 5th game of his rookie year. Likely just sped up his development by two years or more, assuming the Spurs don't go out and sign some aged vet because they could.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a bull take but most of your takes are
    At least he has a take and isn't just posting someone else's thoughts and pretending they're his own like you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo getting waived was the best thing to ever happen to Wesley, especially since it happened by the 5th game of his rookie year. Likely just sped up his development by two years or more, assuming the Spurs don't go out and sign some aged vet because they could.
    Yeah. Wesley looked game and ready to go. Honestly, couldn't have gone better, and Chicago has good defensive guards. I didnt think Richardson is on the block at the moment but feel a trade is even less likely (until later in the season). But yeah, Wesley looks bought-in and a good possibililty for that back-up role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bigger picture even with the Primo affair casting its pall the Spurs still won impressively last night. Injuries notwithstanding they look like a playoff contender. They could win 40 games this season. Just a well coached, hungry, energetic team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bigger picture even with the Primo affair casting its pall the Spurs still won impressively last night. Injuries notwithstanding they look like a playoff contender. They could win 40 games this season. Just a well coached, hungry, energetic team.
    I would have cackled at you had this been a prediction of the season but it appears to be spot ing on. Sochan is a difference-maker. Solid bench unit. Just spinning our wheels though I'm afraid because this team ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was watching the game with my boy who's a Celtic fan. He's saying Keldon's game reminds him of Paul Pierce.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have our starter in Tre and Richardson did good as his backup - I think they still give Branham and Blake a lot of time in the G league with getting a few more call ups since Primo is gone. But Spurs organization needs to do some soul searching to make sure they doing what is good for these kids we got Luka, Murray, and now Primo gone I know happens but I also now that old saying "Where there is Smoke there is Fire"...They a lot of Smoke right now.....

Either way this is probably good for the Tank they can spin they are loosing because Primo was cut without getting the evil eye from Silver. I just hope Pop doesn't ruin another PG in Blake - I am high on him I think he has the talent to be our starting PG but he has to be able to develop into that position it's going to take time hence the reason he was taking late in the first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We have our starter in Tre and Richardson did good as his backup - I think they still give Branham and Blake a lot of time in the G league with getting a few more call ups since Primo is gone. But Spurs organization needs to do some soul searching to make sure they doing what is good for these kids we got Luka, Murray, and now Primo gone I know happens but I also now that old saying "Where there is Smoke there is Fire"...They a lot of Smoke right now.....

Either way this is probably good for the Tank they can spin they are loosing because Primo was cut without getting the evil eye from Silver. I just hope Pop doesn't ruin another PG in Blake - I am high on him I think he has the talent to be our starting PG but he has to be able to develop into that position it's going to take time hence the reason he was taking late in the first.
    off, you aren't making any point other than "these things are al alike, im right" IT's a weird because the team is 4-2 and has good assets to grow. You only expect to hit on a few players, and if vassel and keldon pan out, the spurs are better than average at drafting still. Way too en led fan base.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And you didn't mention how the most important pieces of the team are still growing and getting better.

I can't wait to see what Blake is in two years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo was by far the worst player in the rotation. Losing him won't hurt the team one bit. It's just a waste of a lottery pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    was watching the game with my boy who's a Celtic fan. He's saying Keldon's game reminds him of Paul Pierce.
    wow that’s a very good comparison.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo was by far the worst player in the rotation. Losing him won't hurt the team one bit. It's just a waste of a lottery pick
    Yep, talent wise we arnt losing much currently on this roster but in the long run in the grand scheme of things loosing a 12th pick for nothing is what hurts especially when in rebuild but that might have been set in motion already with their picking Primo at 12th on draft day.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, depending on who they bring in obviously, this might actually hurt the tank.

Thread Information