My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe its just my opinion, but I'm frankly starting to think that we win or lose games depending on our defense will . InBecause this I can't agree too much with timvp...we have good to great defensive personnel, so in case we lose the game that should be because of bad offense, not bad defense. Vassell, Jones, Sochan, J.Rich should all be considered above average defenders....and also KJ (at small forward) , Bassey, Roby (just to name the people playing yesterday) should be considered at least more than decent on defense...
    THe only real big hole at defense (as timvp wrote) is Mc D (with some help by Dieng on pick and roll situations)...but is that enough for explaining a collective poor defensive outcome (as could be suggested by is -20 plus minus)?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The loss is good for the tank and all but you still want to see some development and Malaki hasn’t shown much all year other than some decent court vision. He looked better in the beginning of the season. He’s young and all but still you want to see flashes of talent. He isn’t flashing like Primo at least.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The loss is good for the tank and all but you still want to see some development and Malaki hasn’t shown much all year other than some decent court vision. He looked better in the beginning of the season. He’s young and all but still you want to see flashes of talent. He isn’t flashing like Primo at least.
    I'm not sure I want Branham to flash the same way Primo did...
    Last edited by Rocalcio; 12-15-2022 at 11:45 AM.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe its just my opinion, but I'm frankly starting to think that we win or lose games depending on our defense will . InBecause this I can't agree too much with timvp...we have good to great defensive personnel, so in case we lose the game that should be because of bad offense, not bad defense. Vassell, Jones, Sochan, J.Rich should all be considered above average defenders....and also KJ (at small forward) , Bassey, Roby (just to name the people playing yesterday) should be considered at least more than decent on defense...
    THe only real big hole at defense (as timvp wrote) is Mc D (with some help by Dieng on pick and roll situations)...but is that enough for explaining a collective poor defensive outcome (as could be suggested by is -20 plus minus)?
    I'm also surprised that the defense is so much less than the sum of its parts. Missing Poeltl hurts of course, but enough to fall all the way to dead last by a mile?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you look at the stats, Keldon is the highest scorer and the worst shooter with minutes on the team. He will not be the go-to guy on a successful team, and I fear his chucker at ude will hurt him in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you look at the stats, Keldon is the highest scorer and the worst shooter with minutes on the team. He will not be the go-to guy on a successful team, and I fear his chucker at ude will hurt him in the future.
    I noted this with the rumor of signing someone like Isiaih Thomas. Keldon doesn't appear to be a first-option guy and forcing him in that role may be hurting him in the long run.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you’re rooting for the Spurs to make a push for a spot in the Play-In Tournament, you should be happy about the Stanley Johnson signing.
    If you're rooting for that, please make sure you're also content with the Spurs never sniffing relevancy again in your lifetime

That might be the most depressing statement I've ever seen in the post-Timmy era tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malaki looked so much more comprehensive during summer league. Where is that confidence and aggression now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Malaki looked so much more comprehensive during summer league. Where is that confidence and aggression now?
    Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly I don’t think Malaki has spent much time in G-League, and he is our rookie who needs it most. Looks like the game is just too big for him at this point, he needs time to torch GLeaguers to build up that confidence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agreed, with the shallow back court he has been forced up too soon. Shame about Blake because that would've allowed Bran to hide more in development until he grew into the role more confidently

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    I would give Lillard an A.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would give Lillard an A.
    I would too.
    For helping his team to go nowhere.
    Which is like, where they're going.
    They're like going nowhere.
    Yeah? You see it! They're going nowhere and Lillard is the captain of that ship.

Not like our ship is much better, but it's a little bit better!
    I think...

Thread Information