Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So... we didn't expect the Derrick White trade or the Dejounte Murray trade. What trade comes this deadline that shocks everybody?
    Tre could be on the move for a team with a first coming back to SA. The Suns might see him as someone to learn from Paul amd with a tiny enough salary to realize huge savings from even a modest trade. Collins makes a lot of sense for a team explicitly needing a backup center. I would say Vassell could be a shocking trade, but he's been hurt too much for it to not hurt his value

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Suns need a featured type as an eventual replacement for Paul, not a caretaker or game manager, which is why names like Rozier III, Russell and Van Vleet have been mentioned.

Jones won't have significant value as a small guard who can't shoot and lacks offensive dynamism period. Expect him to be a longtime Spur as the vaunted "culture" carrier.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    white trade was kinda out of nowhere (though i was pleasantly surprised). murray trade had smoke leading up to it iirc
    Yeah Murray was expected as there was speculation he would be traded before it happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The other issue is, they're most likely looking to do something more significant, so salaries like Nwora and Hill, as well as retaining 1sts, would take precedent.
    Possibly - if they are going to trade Ayton or CP then absolutely. It’s just an idea in the event they don’t make a splashy move.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Suns need a featured type as an eventual replacement for Paul, not a caretaker or game manager, which is why names like Rozier III, Russell and Van Vleet have been mentioned.

Jones won't have significant value as a small guard who can't shoot and lacks offensive dynamism period. Expect him to be a longtime Spur as the vaunted "culture" carrier.
    Nobody is going to want Jones as a starter and especially for a first round pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IIRC, there is some kind of poison pill on Keldon being traded this year, but could definitely be a possibility to be moved once the new league year starts.
    Timing aside (I have to look that up) I just don’t see SA moving Keldon now even if they could. One path I could see is say for example SA doesn’t land a top 2 pick and they are in love with Scoot (no one is trading Wemby lol). Maybe they trade pick 3 + Keldon for pick 2 to get their guy? Something like that I can see, but that wouldn’t happen until SA knows their draft spot anyways..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think Doug is a better fits on the Suns than Josh?
    Hard to tell - I could see them liking Josh more due to contract + ball handling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the record Keldon’s “poison pill” means he can’t be tradeed befofe his extension kicks in after this season. If’s a standard clause in all rookie extensions.

I’d be quietly be listening to offers on day one of expiration if that clause. He is on the verge out growing the timeline unless he can start doing more than score within the system.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody is going to want Jones as a starter and especially for a first round pick.
    I think people here under value Tre. I agree he’s not a world beater but I get the sense lots of teams like Tre and his development arc and he definitely is someone as I said that I could see being surprise traded (not that its likely, but would not shock me)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the record Keldon’s “poison pill” means he can’t be tradeed befofe his extension kicks in after this season. If’s a standard clause in all rookie extensions.
    That’s not accurate exactly. He can be traded I believe; the poison pill just makes it difficult because of the outgoing/incoming salary rule with these rookie extensions. It does not prohibit a trade, but it does make it complex because Keldon would only count for like 3.8M as far as outgoing salary for Spurs, but would count as 15M for the other team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s not accurate exactly. He can be traded I believe; the poison pill just makes it difficult because of the outgoing/incoming salary rule with these rookie extensions. It does not prohibit a trade, but it does make it complex because Keldon would only count for like 3.8M as far as outgoing salary for Spurs, but would count as 15M for the other team
    And as an addendum here: normally this would make it really hard, but since SA is so far under the cap it’s really not a big deal IF they really wanted to move Keldon. If the other team had to send back 15M for matching purposes on their end, but it only counted as 3.8M for SA, SA easily can absorb that 12M extra no problem. So a rare scenario where it does not hurt things too badly - the other team just has to treat/value Keldon at his extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stand corrected. Appreciate the info.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Timing aside (I have to look that up) I just don’t see SA moving Keldon now even if they could. One path I could see is say for example SA doesn’t land a top 2 pick and they are in love with Scoot (no one is trading Wemby lol). Maybe they trade pick 3 + Keldon for pick 2 to get their guy? Something like that I can see, but that wouldn’t happen until SA knows their draft spot anyways..
    I doubt the Spurs would want to move Keldon so quickly after the extension, but my preferred scenario in a case where the best player available in the draft is a wing (Whitmore, Miller), then we move Keldon (perhaps in combination with Devin) for an upgrade. I doubt IND or DET do this, but something like Keldon & Devin for Mathurin or Ivey. That's probably my preferred scenario in a situation where we land Wemby or Scoot as well. I just don't see Keldon or Devin as alphas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt the Spurs would want to move Keldon so quickly after the extension, but my preferred scenario in a case where the best player available in the draft is a wing (Whitmore, Miller), then we move Keldon (perhaps in combination with Devin) for an upgrade. I doubt IND or DET do this, but something like Keldon & Devin for Mathurin or Ivey. That's probably my preferred scenario in a situation where we land Wemby or Scoot as well. I just don't see Keldon or Devin as alphas.
    If we land Scoot, I want to keep Keldon/Vassell honestly. It’s a great fit with having an alpha lead guard in Scoot/Vassell/Keldon/Sochan lineup. Tons of potential - dream!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you basically need a team that can send back 3.8 mil but is also able to absorb 15m. usually, teams that are buyers at the deadline arent ones that are sitting around with 15m in cap space, which is why these trades dont really happen

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we land Scoot, I want to keep Keldon/Vassell honestly. It’s a great fit with having an alpha lead guard in Scoot/Vassell/Keldon/Sochan lineup. Tons of potential - dream!
    I agree with this. Obviously you move someone if they’re offering an absurd deal but we can’t lose sight of building an actual team vs flipping above average role players on the hopes that we’re going to strike gold.

Vassell, Keldon and Sochan are the exact kind of players we need to fill out a team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you basically need a team that can send back 3.8 mil but is also able to absorb 15m. usually, teams that are buyers at the deadline arent ones that are sitting around with 15m in cap space, which is why these trades dont really happen
    It's the opposite...you need a team that can send $15M to us and they only need to absorb the $3.8M

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One of these podcasters posited Richardson and CHA pick for Wiseman.

I think I do that trade actually. The CHA pick is fools gold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya but with spurs being under the cap its not an issue IMO (still don’t see it happening either way). (But it’s opposite - outgoing he counts as 3.8)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don’t mind using the CHA pick in a few ways: attach it in a deal where you get a better for sure 1st or use it in a deal like this. But with Wiseman, it only makes sense if you move Jak and/or Zach IMO

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t mind using the CHA pick in a few ways: attach it in a deal where you get a better for sure 1st or use it in a deal like this. But with Wiseman, it only makes sense if you move Jak and/or Zach IMO
    Yeah I’m assuming they move Jak elsewhere like Boston.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wiseman is a bigger pot of fools gold. We can get a pick for JRich, instead of throwing him into a terrible trade.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I wouldn't pay for Wiseman...at best I'd take him as ballast in a bigger deal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the opposite...you need a team that can send $15M to us and they only need to absorb the $3.8M
    Ya but with spurs being under the cap its not an issue IMO (still don’t see it happening either way). (But it’s opposite - outgoing he counts as 3.8)
    right, i brainfarted and flipped it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobodys trading for McForbesbot.

Josh Richardson could play out of position at SF and be a much better contract for any team interested.

Thread Information