Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MKG has gotten waived... by the knicks

i guess he really, really fell off a cliff...
    Damn I remember when MKG was the highest regarded high school prospect in the nation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gerald Green

Might as well pursue JR Smith while you're at it. Like ex said, he would have been intriguing years ago. No way he's playing for a rebuilding team in the city of San Antonio.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was MKG suppose to be good at? instant bust when he came into the league.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was supposedly a lockdown defender and rebounder at the 3. Just needed to work on his broken jumper.

The former was overblown, and the latter never happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rondae Hollis Jefferson is an useful PF. He can defend really well from guards to PF... And can score in the paint and in traffic...too bad he can't shoot a lick though from 3. He can still be a backup3/4 for the Spurs if they are doing to trade DDR later this season. Dude is only 25.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking back at that 2012 NBA draft:

Davis, Lillard, Beal are the only good NBA players from the first round. The rest were scrubs or busts. Draymond and Middleton were the only other notable NBA players on the list in the 2nd round that amounted to anything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    MKG has gotten waived... by the knicks

i guess he really, really fell off a cliff...
    Kawhi and uncle D should be slurping off pop every time Pop damn well pleases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perimeter players who can't shoot are pretty much worthless these days. The MKGs and the RHJs of the world aren't long for the NBA. I wouldn't want them on the Spurs on a two-way contract, tbh.

Centers who can't shoot aren't worthless ... yet. One day they will be worthless but we aren't there right now. Hopefully for the Spurs' and Poeltl's sake, that time won't arrive at any point in the next three years...........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perimeter players who can't shoot are pretty much worthless these days. The MKGs and the RHJs of the world aren't long for the NBA. I wouldn't want them on the Spurs on a two-way contract, tbh.

Centers who can't shoot aren't worthless ... yet. One day they will be worthless but we aren't there right now. Hopefully for the Spurs' and Poeltl's sake, that time won't arrive at any point in the next three years...........
    A center needs to either shoot or defend the rim, optimally both. Problem with Kaminsky is he's too slow and can't guard the rim. He could shoot at least.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nah, those types have a role if you have stretch C's, who effectively allow them to play C on offense, while defending big wings. Hollis-Jefferson was solid for the Raptors last season because they had this alignment with Gasol/Ibaka.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hollis-Jefferson was solid for the Raptors last season because they had this alignment with Gasol/Ibaka.
    Yeah, so solid that he couldn't even land a two-way contract anywhere and became a training camp casualty a couple months later. I know you love those antiquated non-shooting players but sooner or later you will need to join the rest of us in the modern world, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, about the same scouting report as Leonard had. Good work ethic, high motor, great size, completely broken jumpshot. Kind of wonder if Chip could have fixed MKG's shot and made him into a star and whether Leonard would have been just another MKG if he was instead drafted into Jordan's organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perimeter players who can't shoot are pretty much worthless these days.
    As we saw from the inability to trade DePression on draft night

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, so solid that he couldn't even land a two-way contract anywhere and became a training camp casualty a couple months later. I know you love those antiquated non-shooting players but sooner or later you will need to join the rest of us in the modern world, tbh.
    Me, every time Aaron Gordon is brought up. You can’t even play the 4 anymore if you can’t shoot the 3 ball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know what game you're playing, but if you want to bull me, try harder Mr. DeRozan's Range Starts At 15.

The guy was a rotation player, with decent metrics (I also personally saw him play a lot), on one of the best teams in the league.

Once upon a time, the likes of Green and Millls were once out of the league, then walked on to one of the best teams in it and within' short order were crucial role players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was supposedly a lockdown defender and rebounder at the 3. Just needed to work on his broken jumper.

The former was overblown, and the latter never happened.
    Actually, MKG was a quality defender his first 4 or 5 years in the NBA but than injuries started piling up, he began losing athleticism (couldn't consistently defend guards or quick wings any longer) & his shooting remained poor.

He had a chance to become an all-NBA level defender but that never materialized because of lower body injuries. His offense was always going to be piss poor with that weird shooting form.

Like has been mentioned in this thread, MKG & Hollis-Jefferson are similar players (MKG is worse because of age & injuries) who aren't compatible with the modern style of NBA basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is ironic because he's one of the main people constantly ing about DeJounte's "inability" to shot. Seems it's only okay if you're not on the Spurs to be a poor perimeter shooter, LOLOLOL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this talk about whoever needs to shoot the three
    And ing Greg Hall of Fame Poop GAVE Bertrans away for DeMarre Carroll
    What a disgusting piece of poop is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

or the league stops moving the sliders and allows physical defense at the perimeter again, naturally increasing the value of the centers as it should be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    or the league stops moving the sliders and allows physical defense at the perimeter again, naturally increasing the value of the centers as it should be.
    Yes please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All this talk about whoever needs to shoot the three
    And ing Greg Hall of Fame Poop GAVE Bertrans away for DeMarre Carroll
    What a disgusting piece of poop is
    He gave Bertans away for Marcus Morris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He gave Bertans away for Marcus Morris
    I stand corrected
    Poop got played by Morris
    Gave away the most prolific 3 point shooter who everyone says everyone needs
    And then doubled down on his up and gave a bunch of $ to DeMarre Carroll (and is stilling giving the Holts $ to Carroll)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I stand corrected
    Poop got played by Morris
    Gave away the most prolific 3 point shooter who everyone says everyone needs
    And then doubled down on his up and gave a bunch of $ to DeMarre Carroll (and is stilling giving the Holts $ to Carroll)
    They had already promised money to Carroll before finding out they could have gotten Morris though, it would have been just as chicken to back out of that deal as it was when Morris reneged. If you want to argue they should have never been recruiting Carroll I'd agree but I can't blame them for living up to their word when the only reason the Carroll deal wasn't in writing was because they needed to sign Morris first. It would have been such bad business to screw a player and an agent over like that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet this happens just after there screw up with KY..SMH

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which is ironic because he's one of the main people constantly ing about DeJounte's "inability" to shot. Seems it's only okay if you're not on the Spurs to be a poor perimeter shooter, LOLOLOL.
    It's all relative, genius. They're big wing defenders, which right there makes them a scarcity and as I alluded to, when played with four out spacing, can be useful in bursts. They're also veteran's minimum types.

It's funny, I seen you agreeing with my assessment of Murray in another thread, but when it comes from me I'm supposedly " ing" and when it comes from you you're somehow doing something else.

Murray's being drafted 29th became irrelevant the second they decided it would be intelligent to invest 4/$64M in him to allegedly play "PG".

Thread Information