NBA Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    CRAAAAAWWWWWWsroads
    CRAAAAAWWWWWWsroads

Banned
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Linkin Park one of the better bands. How the music world allowed this talent spiral..???

Sad that world is so $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    College
    LSU Tigers
    15 years ago, I would have cared. Now? Who gives a about this hack?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Today was Chris Cornell's birthday also.

Millennial Messiah UNT Eagles 2016's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    why else do you think ronnie james dio got cancer?
    45 years of smoking and drugs?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    i think linkin park was actually quite good up until the time they got the gig to make the music for transformers, at which point everything became very vanilla and formulaic with them
    New Divide era was still pretty damn good, but the third one/a thousand suns onward was very vanilla.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    He made some pretty ty music, but RIP all the same.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    But LP's stuff from 2000-2009 will live forever in glory. Chester inspired me to sing his songs and tenor rock singing in general especially around early to mid-late 2013. I had loved LP since 2008 but couldn't get enough of LP in 2012-2013. This news is ing awful. Chester was one of my very favorites and musical idols. it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Today was Chris Cornell's birthday also.
    Cornell was a mentor and close friend to Chester, so this happening today was likely on purpose.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hybrid theory was great

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    I'm holding on, why is everything so heavy? R.I.P Chester

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    But LP's stuff from 2000-2009 will live forever in glory. Chester inspired me to sing his songs and tenor rock singing in general especially around early to mid-late 2013. I had loved LP since 2008 but couldn't get enough of LP in 2012-2013. This news is ing awful. Chester was one of my very favorites and musical idols. it.
    I feel you bro. Ironically my favorite artist is STP as you can see by name. Sucked when Weiland passed. Chester killed it when I seen him peform with STP

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    He made some pretty ty music, but RIP all the same.
    This. I hated LP in high school. All my friends loved Hybrid a theory and I ing hated it.

Wouldn't wish suicide on any family. It's awful. The reach impacts each member for as long as they remain alive. I have a cousin who dad was an addict-turned-sober4decade-turned-addict who killed himself and the cousin is royally ed up from his dad's , but can't forgive himself for not seeing this was coming.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Hybrid theory was great
    Hybrid Theory through the "New Divide" single was great. Everything after was mediocre.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I feel you bro. Ironically my favorite artist is STP as you can see by name. Sucked when Weiland passed. Chester killed it when I seen him peform with STP
    drugs and why do people always have to kill themself

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    drugs and why do people always have to kill themself
    I wonder if the need to be on top in fame, makes one hit that elaborate lifestyle of drugs and alcohol. But then again, I knew of 2 people that killed themselves for differing reasons or for what can be construed as such. Depression, whether drug induced or not, is a ing monster. I had to do one of my research courses as a volunteer at a hotline and the things I'd hear would drive even the hardest person to question life. I wasn't the biggest LP fan, I liked Hybrid and their songs are fun at Karaoke if you don't know how to sing, so even the music has stopped it's still tragic.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I wonder if the need to be on top in fame, makes one hit that elaborate lifestyle of drugs and alcohol. But then again, I knew of 2 people that killed themselves for differing reasons or for what can be construed as such. Depression, whether drug induced or not, is a ing monster. I had to do one of my research courses as a volunteer at a hotline and the things I'd hear would drive even the hardest person to question life. I wasn't the biggest LP fan, I liked Hybrid and their songs are fun at Karaoke if you don't know how to sing, so even the music has stopped it's still tragic.
    Huh? I disagree wholeheartedly with that comment. Unless you mean half-assing it and singing an octave too low? Their songs require talent to emulate, especially because you're often emulating both Chester and Mike Shinoda's parts.

Meaning you have to be able to rap (e.g., sing/talk fast and accurate -- Shinoda excelled at this in LP and LP's hip hop satellite band, Fort Minor) AND sing high tenor passaggio notes using your chest voice (no falsetto crap) which was Chester's specialty. That's a talent that's not so easy to replace and while LP will never find another Chester, let's do hope they hire someone competent at that skill and singing passionate tenor in general. Like me?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm not going to pretend to be a big fan but I'll give him this...

In a 2-3 year period when mainstream rock and alternative were at their absolute lowest points in history (2000-2003), when everything on the radio was absolute irredeemable horse , he probably had the best voice of anyone getting airplay. There was no one else around getting into that upper register with any melody. I don't know if that's as much an endorsement of his talent, or if he was just an exception to the garbage on the radio at the time, but it definitely cut through. R.I.P.
    He sounded like he sang through his nose. He sucked, the whole band did. Plus they were getting airplay along with other hacks like Nickelback while mainstream rock was in its death spiral. Not that it's their fault music went to , but they didn't help either.

RIP though.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    USC Trojans
    Huh? I disagree wholeheartedly with that comment. Unless you mean half-assing it and singing an octave too low? Their songs require talent to emulate, especially because you're often emulating both Chester and Mike Shinoda's parts.

Meaning you have to be able to rap (e.g., sing/talk fast and accurate -- Shinoda excelled at this in LP and LP's hip hop satellite band, Fort Minor) AND sing high tenor passaggio notes using your chest voice (no falsetto crap) which was Chester's specialty. That's a talent that's not so easy to replace and while LP will never find another Chester, let's do hope they hire someone competent at that skill and singing passionate tenor in general. Like me?
    Well, i'm not sure if you're attempting to garner fame with karaoke, but if you have someone that can rap and hit the range--and realize it is all in fun, then sure. I'm not saying that to disrespect what Chester or Mike did. I've met Mike. Very gracious dude. So I'm just saying why not have fun?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm not going to pretend to be a big fan but I'll give him this...

In a 2-3 year period when mainstream rock and alternative were at their absolute lowest points in history (2000-2003), when everything on the radio was absolute irredeemable horse , he probably had the best voice of anyone getting airplay. There was no one else around getting into that upper register with any melody. I don't know if that's as much an endorsement of his talent, or if he was just an exception to the garbage on the radio at the time, but it definitely cut through. R.I.P.

I know now that this will sound like some old geezer but the 90s was the last great decade for rock/r&b and gangsta hard core rap. The 2000s were mediocre and the 10s I would say is the age of the BpM djs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I know now that this will sound like some old geezer but the 90s was the last great decade for rock/r&b and gangsta hard core rap. The 2000s were mediocre and the 10s I would say is the age of the BpM djs.
    Absolutely. You have to dig deep to find anything worth a nowadays... and it ain't on the radio.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    Name
    You pronounce my name "Kwah-li," any questions?
    I bring many blessings with my man Hi-Tek and he from the 'Natti....
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    Did someone just say Mike Shinoda "excelled" at rapping? Go listen to Reanimation, the Jay-Z mashup album or the track they did with Rakim. He sounded like a joke compared to actual MCs.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Well, i'm not sure if you're attempting to garner fame with karaoke, but if you have someone that can rap and hit the range--and realize it is all in fun, then sure. I'm not saying that to disrespect what Chester or Mike did. I've met Mike. Very gracious dude. So I'm just saying why not have fun?
    Well if it's a busy warm friday/saturday night, or at least warm on the inside of the place, it can get you laid for the night. Yeah I'm not trying to be perfect but I did do a pretty damn... well perfect... Chester job back in September 2013 at a UNT karaoke with a bunch of people and girls watching.

It kind of got me famous in that little community for awhile. The secret ingredients to both high range and rapping are heat and stress.

Run back and forth in the hot, 100+ degree Texas heat from your dorm hall clear across campus twice to find your lost keys, because that's what I did. I did find them. And I stepped into the karaoke in the nearby cafeteria hall and LP - Numb was playing. It was a scorching Wednesday afternoon in mid-late September, 2013. The karaoke was like 2-3 songs in. Song had just started as I walked it. The mic was on the table, nobody seemed to volunteer to do that song. That was my favorite song that year... I ran to the mic and picked it up.

The rest was history. Sweaty and all, I aced the song. The two girls I liked were there eating chicken and rolls, they didn't like me that way but even they were impressed. But one of their distant friends, Morgan, who had a nicer physique than those two, really liked my performance A LOT. So I got her number that day and that Friday night we saw a movie together and I took her back to my private dorm and we sexed. Then we agreed to just be friends the next day and we never really hung out much after that except sometimes to play basketball, yes she was a basketball player. But regardless. It was a fun time, LP got me laid with a sexy basketball playing black girl and it might not have been the only time LP helped get me laid.

Long story I know, but LP is a part of my heart in many ways which makes today's news totally heartbreaking to me. Congrats on meeting Mike he seems like the more stable dude. His dad is Japanese. He seems like a badass mastermind type that could save 12 black guys from a drug addiction and wouldn't even dream of killing himself or gambling away his money. Rap star or not, he's got his head on straight. It's too bad he couldn't have been there to save Chester. Damn it.

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I liked how he perfectly pronounced every word and syllable in his raps.
    Hybrid theory was catchy at the time but let's admit it that band was for high schoolers who liked catchy radio made commercial hits.
    rip tho.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I liked how he perfectly pronounced every word and syllable in his raps.
    Hybrid theory was catchy at the time but let's admit it that band was for high schoolers who liked catchy radio made commercial hits.
    rip tho.
    Mike Shinoda's raps?

Thread Information