6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    4:03 and 6:35

Welp. Take that one off the resume, then.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    lol what?

Those are two of the clearest penalties I ever saw.

But even if they weren't, you couldn't just post this on the Messi thread, right? This was so huge that it needed its own thread I guess.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    lol what?

Those are two of the clearest penalties I ever saw.

But even if they weren't, you couldn't just post this on the Messi thread, right? This was so huge that it needed its own thread I guess.
    1. Dude got ball. And remember that was especially the rule back then. They weren't putting any stock in follow through back then.
    2. Defender stuck his leg out and the player went ahead and ran into it even as the ball went at a different angle.

Neither are penalties.

Let's be honest, FIFA is "racist" and didn't want Nigeria winning. And by "racist" I mean their stance is f*ck Africa, that's not where the money is. But the snowflakes would call it "racist" if it were their cause.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    1. Dude got ball. And remember that was especially the rule back then. They weren't putting any stock in follow through back then.
    That was never a thing, if you hit a guy it's a foul, it doesn't matter if you catch a little bit of ball or not.

2. Defender stuck his leg out and the player went ahead and ran into it even as the ball went at a different angle.

Neither are penalties.

Let's be honest, FIFA is "racist" and didn't want Nigeria winning. And by "racist" I mean their stance is f*ck Africa, that's not where the money is. But the snowflakes would call it "racist" if it were their cause.
    The second one is even clearer. I don't know what the you are arguing.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    That was never a thing, if you hit a guy it's a foul, it doesn't matter if you catch a little bit of ball or not.
    Yes, it was. Up until a few years ago, the predominant measure was, did the player get the ball first. FIFA changed the emphasis because too many defenders were taking undo injury risks (to the attackers) and sliding through the player. You should probably know this for all the football you watch; but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

But even by today's heightened emphasis, still no a foul. Defender didn't slide through the player and he got the ball.

Second one is Sterling level, dude.

Argentinian saw a leg out and just dove his ass off.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Yes, it was. Up until a few years ago, the predominant measure was, did the player get the ball first. FIFA changed the emphasis because too many defenders were taking undo injury risks (to the attackers) and sliding through the player. You should probably know this for all the football you watch; but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

But even by today's heightened emphasis, still no a foul. Defender didn't slide through the player and he got the ball.

Second one is Sterling level, dude.

Argentinian saw a leg out and just dove his ass off.
    Ever since football is football, if you hit leg and ball, it's a foul. I play since I was 5 and it has always been the same. And the Aguero one, well, if you think that's not a foul I don't know what to tell you.

Dude, I'm trying my hardest to not pull the "you call this soccer" card. If you want me to respect you as a guy that knows his about this sport, don't come with weak ass opinions like these ones, tbh. Messi bless, son.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Ever since football is football, if you hit leg and ball, it's a foul. I play since I was 5 and it has always been the same. And the Aguero one, well, if you think that's not a foul I don't know what to tell you.
    BS. You run into a leg on purpose that's extended instead of playing the ball; that's not a foul.
    (And btw, run into the leg is a generous summation; again he was Sterling diving all the way.)
    If you were a coach on the opposition, you would call out the ref ten out of ten times.
    Apparently, you didn't understand the chicanery you were seeing from five on.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Dude, I'm trying my hardest to not pull the "you call this soccer" card. If you want me to respect you as a guy that knows his about this sport, don't come with weak ass opinions like these ones, tbh. Messi bless, son.
    Don't get your dander up with me, dude. I've been around the beautiful game in many capacities for years. I ain't gonna be talked down to like that, no how.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Don't get your dander up with me, dude. I've been around the beautiful game in many capacities for years. I ain't gonna be talked down to like that, no how.
    You are talking yourself down with these dumb appreciations son.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    You are talking yourself down with these dumb appreciations son.
    Bruh, you want weak ass fouls to give you glory; that's weak.
    I called out Sterling's dive despite rooting for England.
    You're fanboy level.

Thread Information