Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    the most hated
    Post Count
    I was just wondering why most MMA fans hate so bad on kimbo slice, give the guy his props how many "street thugs" could just walk in off the streets and beat ANY proffesional fighter with no previous mma training? Even people who hate kimbos guts have to admit that is pretty impressive, and why is it that people are calling for kimbo to fight one of the elite fighters when he only has three fights under his belt? if he is such a lousy fighter why is the bar set so much higher for him thanany other mma fighter? dont you realize this guy is a rookie? After about 10 fights maybe he should fight someone of "elite" status. another thing why are people setting a scenerio to where once kimbo loses its over? Im mean how many mma fighters have gone indefeated and since when does a loss spell the end of ones career?

You can't handle The Truth TheTruth's Avatar
    Post Count
    Why after only 3 fights is he headlining a major fight card on a National network? Pretty much the only problem I have with the guy.

I only hate him because JT got robbed on his last fight

the most hated
    Post Count
    Why after only 3 fights is he headlining a major fight card on a National network? Pretty much the only problem I have with the guy.
    I agree he should be undercard but EEC should be blamed not the fighter, if iI were kimbo I would take the cash and run too

MMA has a long history and some scrub from the streets should not be the Main Face to the public who still do not know MMA that well.

It's not really a big deal. He's got the name, the beard, and the muscle. Can't blame him for getting paid.

Thank God I'm a country boy! djohn14's Avatar
    Post Count
    IMO we dont hate Kimbo. We hate how they have tried to make an unproven streetfighter the face of MMA when there are guys like Anderson Silva who have worked there asses off and dont get the mainstream attention for some stupid reason.

Post Count
    You are making so many groundless assumptions and are not taking anything in its proper context. Nobody really hates him.

I was just wondering why most MMA fans hate so bad on kimbo slice, give the guy his props how many "street thugs" could just walk in off the streets and beat ANY proffesional fighter with no previous mma training?
    He's fighting washed up cans who never had much to begin with.

Even people who hate kimbos guts have to admit that is pretty impressive,
    Its not impressive at all. He's not doing anything.

and why is it that people are calling for kimbo to fight one of the elite fighters when he only has three fights under his belt?
    Nobody here is saying that. If he would fight a top 50 HW that would be fine with me.

if he is such a lousy fighter why is the bar set so much higher for him thanany other mma fighter
    Its not.

dont you realize this guy is a rookie?
    Then why is he headlining cards? Brock Lesnar is fighting for the UFC HW le against after 3 fights.

another thing why are people setting a scenerio to where once kimbo loses its over? Im mean how many mma fighters have gone indefeated and since when does a loss spell the end of ones career?
    If he loses to Ken Shamrock who hasn't won a fight in over 4 years he might as well call it quits.

Its all about who he is fighting.

Kimbo Slice represents everything about boxing that fans hate and we don't want to see it in MMA. He needs to fight someone real....not elite...just a real fighter.

Post Count
    if iI were kimbo I would take the cash and run too
    I don't blame him either...good for him....but the criticisms comes with those actions. Tenfold when he says he can beat anybody.

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    Post Count
    How long did Kimbo train with Bas Rutten before his first mma fight?

Post Count
    I was just wondering why most MMA fans hate so bad on kimbo slice?
    I was going to give you a whole long break-down of your arguments but Evan said pretty much everythng i was thinking

You are making so many groundless assumptions and are not taking anything in its proper context. Nobody really hates him.

He's fighting washed up cans who never had much to begin with.

Its not impressive at all. He's not doing anything.

Nobody here is saying that. If he would fight a top 50 HW that would be fine with me.

Its not.

Then why is he headlining cards? Brock Lesnar is fighting for the UFC HW le against after 3 fights.

If he loses to Ken Shamrock who hasn't won a fight in over 4 years he might as well call it quits.

Its all about who he is fighting.

Kimbo Slice represents everything about boxing that fans hate and we don't want to see it in MMA. He needs to fight someone real....not elite...just a real fighter.

First Rate Stuff Evan

I'll just add a little that while i don't blame Kimbo for taking the cash and the attention it is a terrible thing for our Sport to have this guy front and center. He is just a side-show circus act. Too many people still think that MMA is about just brawling like in a bar fight. That is the very thing that got Kimbo noticed. Brawling with thugs on youtube in backyards and parking lots. He is now fighting tomato cans in MMA, getting attention for all the wrong reasons. I have a problem when this guy is in the main event and someone like Andre The Pitbull Arlovski, is fighing on the undercard. Andre would massacre Kimbo in 1 round. He'd kick his ass so hard it is not even funny. So again i don't hate Kimbo in that he is just taking what is being given to him. I just hate how he is being held up as a rep for our sport. He is very very BAD for MMA.

Post Count
    How long did Kimbo train with Bas Rutten before his first mma fight?
    ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

a couple months....he fought that 47'ish year old boxer Ray Mercer.

Post Count
    IMO we dont hate Kimbo. We hate how they have tried to make an unproven streetfighter the face of MMA when there are guys like Anderson Silva who have worked there asses off and dont get the mainstream attention for some stupid reason.
    Exactly

Guys like this deserve the attention. They have earned it, every step of the way

Post Count
    I'll just add a little that while i don't blame Kimbo for taking the cash and the attention it is a terrible thing for our Sport to have this guy front and center. He is just a side-show circus act. Too many people still think that MMA is about just brawling like in a bar fight. That is the very thing that got Kimbo noticed. Brawling with thugs on youtube in backyards and parking lots. He is now fighting tomato cans in MMA, getting attention for all the wrong reasons. I have a problem when this guy is in the main event and someone like Andre The Pitbull Arlovski, is fighing on the undercard. Andre would massacre Kimbo in 1 round. He'd kick his ass so hard it is not even funny. So again i don't hate Kimbo in that he is just taking what is being given to him. I just hate how he is being held up as a rep for our sport. He is very very BAD for MMA.
    Actually this is probably the number 1 core reason abve what I wrote^^^

MMA fans are extremely passionate and protective of the sport and its bothersome to read/hear how he is an elite fighter in USAtoday...CNN...CBSsports.com on and on when this tiny guy who weighs 145 pounds would destroy Kimbo in roughly 30 seconds.

We just want this thing done right.

Kimbo got exposed in his last fight for having a week ground game!!
    Now this fight with Petruzelli for havin a weak, glass jaw!!
    Shouldn't be head lining, Elite XC down the drain!!

Ken Shamrock will wipe the floor with him!!
    Anyone that knows anything knows that Kimbo can only fight fighters who he has an advantage over!!
    Jus look at his back yard fights, his opponents are out of shape & can't fight!!

Inthe land of audiophiles angelbelow's Avatar
    Post Count
    well hes yet to prove anything yet hes extremely hyped. its hard to like someone like that if youre true fan.

Post Count
    I don't watch MMA

but that was pathetic

this guy could easily be the most overrated sports guy since Mandarich

Post Count
    Don't you wish you would have waited until after his fight before starting this thread?

Post Count
    I don't watch MMA

but that was pathetic

this guy could easily be the most overrated sports guy since Mandarich
    He was not really rated at all. That is the problem with Slice. He got attention for being this circus act. He was never a legit MMA fighter. Watch fights with the likes of George ST. Pierre, BJ Penn, Rampage Jackson, Wandy Silva, Fedor, Forrest Griffin, the elite best of the best. That might get you into MMA. Kimbo was always just a side-show attraction.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count
    I actually like Kimbo, but don't like all the hype...the casual fan actually thinks he has something...

Happy for Seth...

I actually like Kimbo, but don't like all the hype...the casual fan actually thinks he has something...

Happy for Seth...
    Yeah I dont hate the guy and his winning was good for Elite XC, but yeah he was overhyped BIG TIME. They were doing what any promotion was trying to do but Sharmrock getting hurt messed up thier plans. Great Job by Seth and I have to admit I was shocked it ended that soon. I expected at least 2 rounds.

Post Count

Happy for Seth...
    Put Kimbo on a card somewhere besides the top and I could not care less but the hype he and his team has developed along with headlining cards is what gets me.

What bothers people is how he is perceived because the sports media hypes him as a elite fighter because they don't know better. It is the exact same thing as some AND1 player being presented as the best there is in basketball.

But for him to be smashed by Seth….a no name barely decent fighter who fights in a lower weight class than Kimbo proves beyond a shadow of a doubt what a complete farce this Kimbo thing was.

So here's what we know about Kimbo…

1. He has no power behind his strikes, he couldn't KO Josh who has the second weakest chin in MMA.
    2. He has no ground game
    3. He has the weakest chin in MMA

Wow…what a great fighter.

But hey...good for Seth.
    Last edited by Evan; 10-06-2008 at 09:17 AM.

Dirk Administers THE SHOCKER LEONARD's Avatar
    Post Count
    He got dropped by a short little jab by a LHW who was backing up...that's all we need to know...

I'm sure he'll keep fighting and putting butts in seats, but he can't be the main event if EliteXC wants to be legit...

Gina vs Cyborg main event? uhhhhhhh

Thread Information